Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hello Jsn,

See inline.

JSN_2016 said:
Dear friends,

Happy new year!!

I need urgent help, please give your comments. My wife and I are in Canada now. Kindly check the background information section below.

Just some background for you,
- My wife and I, both did masters at Canada. So we both got PGWP separately.
- My PGWP is valid till 2018. Her PGWP is expiring in 2 weeks.
- Received CEC-Invitation to Apply on 12-Jul-2016, submitted e-APR application on 11-Sep-2016 and received AOR on 12-Sep-2016
- I am the primary applicant and my wife is the accompanying applicant for the e-APR application.
- My current job falls in NOC 0,A,B

My wife is currently working based on her PGWP. But her PGWP expires on 17-Jan-2017. After applying for Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP), can she continue her work at the current workplace based on the implied status?
Most likely no. But you need to verify. The criteria is that implied status only applies to same type of work permit and circumstances. Example, a person working for one employer on LMIA based work permit, can continue working for the same employer on implied status having applied for the same work permit extension. But for a new employer, he cannot start until work permit is approved.

I am not sure they would accept PGWP versus SOWP as the above two. But it doesn't hurt to ask and try.

Do I need to provide my wife's PGWP scanned copy along with the passport for the SOWP?
Yes, the application would any way ask for her current status in Canada since she is applying from here. Her PGWP is the primary document for that.

Required documents - Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710) (required)

There is a optional document named "Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)". Do I need to submit this form?
NO. I assume you are citizens of a country that requires visa to enter Canada. When you apply from outside of Canada, you need a TRV to enter Canada in addition to work permit that allows you to work in Canada. That is why both of them are bundled together in a single application and fee.

But when you apply from inside Canada, you don't need a TRV unless you intend to go out of Canada and come back any time in between. Otherwise you can continue to live and work here on a work permit for as long as that is valid.

So for applications submitted in side Canada, TRV processing is separate.

Generally you can apply for that online. And because you already have a valid SP or WP, you can get a TRV in 15 days.

MyMaple

Dec 31, 2016
Hello Everyone... thanks in advance for reading my post and feedback is highly appreciated

I am British Bangladeshi.born in bangladesh and naturalized in the UK. Came to canada July 2016, married my Canadian citizen wife on Oct 2016 and according to my lawyers advice ,applied for both open work permit and PR in Nov 2016.

I came using my British passport and so had automatic six months visit visa. Initially lawyer adviced me to extend the visitors visa before it expires in Jan 2017 but now he has said to need to apply for an extension because work permit application works as an extension

Is he right? And how long do I have to wait for the open work permit? Can u please give me some reasons as to why they can decline my application also what options do I have if they decline. If God forbid it gets declined then I won't have a valid visa to stay in the country any further? ??!?!?!??!
Please help

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
Can some help me what to do as I am getting this error?

Validation error: You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Please make corrections where indicated.
•Error Description: Please ensure you download the latest form from the IRCC website, complete the form using Adobe Reader, validate and upload again.
If you continue to receive this error message, you should review the FAQs in the Help Centre. If your issue is not answered there, submit your issue through the Report a Technical Issue button at the top right of the screen.

rahman2

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
Nomination.....
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
dipica said:
Can some help me what to do as I am getting this error?

Validation error: You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Please make corrections where indicated.
•Error Description: Please ensure you download the latest form from the IRCC website, complete the form using Adobe Reader, validate and upload again.
If you continue to receive this error message, you should review the FAQs in the Help Centre. If your issue is not answered there, submit your issue through the Report a Technical Issue button at the top right of the screen.
Did you validate the form?
(Every time you edit, you have to validate)
Sometimes if you rename the file it won't work. so keep the name same and click on validate and save the PDF then upload.

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
rahman2 said:
Did you validate the form?
(Every time you edit, you have to validate)
Sometimes if you rename the file it won't work. so keep the name same and click on validate and save the PDF then upload.
The problem Is that we tried to add a page for 10 years work experience history but as I came to know we cannot make changes to form. So where do show your experience in Question 3 as there is no more space ?

etcoflife

Jan 12, 2017
Dear all,

Kindly help me in my situation. I had applied for my student visa and open work permit for my wife. We had medical requests from CIC. I did mine from Ahmedabad and passed. My wife did the same from Kolkata and doctor told her to do many tests based on some initial. She did the same test from a very well reputed diagnostic center and found nothing. I must mention she stayed in USA for 2 years and came back in September.

Somehow I felt that the doctor was not honest and tried to take more money from various tests which was not at all required. I brought her in Ahmedabad. Now I cannot do medical in Ahmedabad as the file is opened in Kolkata.

Kindly help me.

Thanks

Emily12

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
27/01/2017 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront - Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
09-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2017
LANDED..........
05-04-2017
I'm not sure this is the correct place to find answers for my questions, However I thought I'de give it a try.
I'm currently waiting on my common law to receive his PR through family sponsorship. We applied outland. I am a Canadian citizen and we want to start our life in Canada asap. Is he able to apply for an open work permit outside of Canada?
TIA

karlos_macca

Oct 25, 2016
Emily12 said:
I'm not sure this is the correct place to find answers for my questions, However I thought I'de give it a try.
I'm currently waiting on my common law to receive his PR through family sponsorship. We applied outland. I am a Canadian citizen and we want to start our life in Canada asap. Is he able to apply for an open work permit outside of Canada?
TIA
Hi Emily, I'm no expert, but I asked a similar question, and the answer was no. You can not apply for the OWP through outland family application. Only inland.

Emily12

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
27/01/2017 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront - Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
09-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2017
LANDED..........
05-04-2017
karlos_macca said:
Hi Emily, I'm no expert, but I asked a similar question, and the answer was no. You can not apply for the OWP through outland family application. Only inland.
Hi Karlos, Thanks for your reply. I thought this also but was hoping I was wrong :) I saw on the CIC website that you can be eligible if your application is being processed in Canada (which mine is) even though we applied outland. Maybe because things changed a little after the new December process.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Emily12 said:
Hi Karlos, Thanks for your reply. I thought this also but was hoping I was wrong :) I saw on the CIC website that you can be eligible if your application is being processed in Canada (which mine is) even though we applied outland. Maybe because things changed a little after the new December process.
I have no clue what makes you think it is processed in Canada.

Technically some part of every type of application is processed in Canada. I am not clear which is which, but an application submitted outland i.e. in another country is treated the same way.

The original applicant is your partner, not you. His/her application cannot be in land if he is not in Canada.

In land application and associated work permit eligibility is only if you were already here through another method example already here on some work / study permit and applied for PR. Then it doesn't make sense to force you to go out and come back.

DVRT

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi everyone,
I applied for SOWP(spouse of international student) on 11 Nov. 2016 without the upfront medical.I am little bit worried about sowp because till today there is no information/update about the medical.Experienced members are requested to pls guide me on this issue.
Thanks.

Kaur C

Dec 14, 2016
DVRT said:
Hi everyone,
I applied for SOWP(spouse of international student) on 11 Nov. 2016 without the upfront medical.I am little bit worried about sowp because till today there is no information/update about the medical.Experienced members are requested to pls guide me on this issue.
Thanks.
Hiii,, u applied online or paper based?? Ur visa ofc???

Kaur C

Dec 14, 2016
DVRT said:
Hello, I applied online.Don't know about visa office.But it should be Chandigarh.
Thanks.
ok. I applied on 14th Nov . Let me know abt ur status whenever u get update ..

DVRT

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Kaur C said:
ok. I applied on 14th Nov . Let me know abt ur status whenever u get update ..
Yeah sure... 03 days before i got a msg that there is no updates.Have u got medical request?