+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
hi fkl,

i got letter of support. ill paste it below let me know if u think itsehelpful wen applying a 5th time.

"To Whom it May Concern,
I am writing this letter of support on behalf of my constituent, H, who resides at in Midhurst, in my riding. H is currently studying Acute Complex Care, full- time, under a Postgraduate Certificate Program for Internationally Educated Nurses. H resides in my riding with her daughter and is hoping to have her husband, Mo join her in Canada on an open work permit from New Delhi, India.
H is an upstanding, law abiding resident of Canada, whom my staff has worked closely with through the Barrie – Springwater – Oro-Medonte constituency office. Mo has been employed at XXXXX Private Limited since January 2016 and has been able to support his family and himself through this time apart.

Mo has been rejected in previous attempts to apply for an open work permit in order to join his wife and daughter here in Canada. The primary concern with his past applications seems to be personal assets and financial status. According to H and Mo, they have provided sufficient evidence of Mo’s financial status. I have looked at the evidence they have supplied and while I do not know what is deemed “sufficient funds,” but I can verify that they have supplied ample financial evidence in their application.

It is Mo and H’s intent to have Mo reunite with his wife and daughter in Canada as soon as he is granted an open work permit. The family is eager to be reunited and are working diligently to make sure that Mo’s next application is accepted.
I am confident that Mo will return to his home in New Delhi with his family once H’s schooling/work is completed. I am hoping that this letter will support a positive decision in favor of Mo’s open work permit. Should you have any questions or concerns, please call my office or email
Yours Sincerely,
Alex"

Gur70690

Feb 3, 2016
Calgary, AB, Canada
With the blessings of almighty and help from this forum our sowp got approved. It's a really big news for us. It took long 7 months but at the end it was fruitful.
We had one previous rejection for our trv.
Sowp Online application chandigarh, applied on my own.
Applied on 23 February with upfront medical.
Medical passed on 29 may.
Passport request on 19 September.
Passport received on 23 September.
so i just want to recommend here that don't give up. Waiting for 7 months was not easy. We did everything from our end- did cse for 6-7 times and emails too to chandigarh and delhi.
The other thing we did was a feedback and we complained about the excessive processing time.
Than next thing was to write a letter and posted to chandigarh and Delhi offices.
We don't know out of all these efforts which one actually worked for us but I would suggest to do all the possibe options. I wish luck to every single person who is waiting for visas as i know the pain of separation.
At the end i wanna thank to the members especially FKl, mandy,navprateek, harkirat rataul and every single person who posted here to help.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Gur70690 said:
With the blessings of almighty and help from this forum our sowp got approved. It's a really big news for us. It took long 7 months but at the end it was fruitful.
We had one previous rejection for our trv.
Sowp Online application chandigarh, applied on my own.
Applied on 23 February with upfront medical.
Medical passed on 29 may.
Passport request on 19 September.
Passport received on 23 September.
so i just want to recommend here that don't give up. Waiting for 7 months was not easy. We did everything from our end- did cse for 6-7 times and emails too to chandigarh and delhi.
The other thing we did was a feedback and we complained about the excessive processing time.
Than next thing was to write a letter and posted to chandigarh and Delhi offices.
We don't know out of all these efforts which one actually worked for us but I would suggest to do all the possibe options. I wish luck to every single person who is waiting for visas as i know the pain of separation.
At the end i wanna thank to the members especially FKl, mandy,navprateek, harkirat rataul and every single person who posted here to help.
Congrats Gur and good that you are following up here sharing your experience. That indeed serves the purpose of this forum.

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Guys, It has been 3 weeks since my wife got her medical call and passed. should I be worried? I thought the passport request will come within 2 weeks. I applied online.

Gur70690

Feb 3, 2016
Calgary, AB, Canada
fkl said:
Congrats Gur and good that you are following up here sharing your experience. That indeed serves the purpose of this forum.
Thanks to you Fkl. This visa meant alot to me and it all happens just because of you guys.
I just wanna say one more thing that don't apply from lawyers or consultant. I did from consultant first time and it got refused because of her mistake. So try to do it by yourself and get help from experts on this page. Good luck whoever is waiting.

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anttor said:
Guys, It has been 3 weeks since my wife got her medical call and passed. should I be worried? I thought the passport request will come within 2 weeks. I applied online.
call them.

Jayamrutia

Apr 4, 2014
Hii FLK and other members

As to update on my situation, applied online SOWP with upfront medical 8th july. still got medical request(14 sept). went to hospital as per the suggestions from this forum but they refused to do re-medical. went to another hospital but they did the same.

as per FLK's suggestion (thank you bro for insight) i did IRCC request attaching passport medical receipt and form IMM1017 two times. this friday (23rd sept) i got reply saying they confirm that they have received my documentation.

the notable thing is reply for case specific inquiry came at friday noon canadian time. so basically IRCC requests are being processed from canada.my question is will they forward it to VO india? how long shd i wait before call them about medical situation?

thank you guys in advance

balaprasad123

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Hi to all.

I came here as a student (one yr course)on Sep 2015 leaving my wife and 4 months kid in India.Just assured them will get them to Canada when I get a standard job.

After 5 months into my course(Feb 2016),I got a part time job in my field.
After working for 2 months in my part time job thought it's time to apply for TRV for my wife and kid.But it got rejected stated no travel history,purpose of visit and not satisfied officer that she will return.In CIC site it sounds easy as like International students can get their spouse and kids.But in reality its different.

After successful completion of my course on Aug 26,2016 ,I got a one yr contract job (LMIA based) Which I started from sep 2016.Now I am thinking of applying visa for my family again.But still, it makes me thinks a lot before applying.Bcoz I have seen many cases in this forum getting rejection twice or thrice.Time involves waiting for a decision also is painful.

Now I am confused to which one to apply.Visitor visa or sowp.
Visitor visa
-processing times is faster (4-5 wks) but have to make sure she will return at the end of visa.
-She's a housewife in India who left her job to take care of kid.So no pay slip or employment.Only I can show the property as home ties.

Sowp
-According to Cic site I have all the eligibility to apply
Full-time job in NOC B category.
But processing time is 15-16 wks and still no assurance like it will get approved.

Overall I can show a month pay slip and bank account of holding 14k cad If I likely to apply on Oct 15.

Any help is more appreciated.

Thanks in advance

ktom

Sep 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
None
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
Hi

So for the timelines

Paper application via VFS in NZ: August 25, 2016
Medical: Not required
Approved: September 26, 2016

Good luck guys, hope you get the good news too!

hny2309

Sep 26, 2016
hi

i am student in Canada and my study permit is valid till July 2017. i got married recently .

my wife is in India and she is working on contract Job.

My question is that

1. she don't have funds to show
2. her contractor changes every 4 months, so its shows like she changes job after every 4 month.

But i have some fund which i can show in my Canadian account. and i am going to apply online Application for her.

let me know if there will be any issue or should i show my own funds?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Jayamrutia said:
Hii FLK and other members

the notable thing is reply for case specific inquiry came at friday noon canadian time. so basically IRCC requests are being processed from canada.my question is will they forward it to VO india? how long shd i wait before call them about medical situation?
Any of these things could be possible so any assumptions are just those ... assumptions. Your application could entirely be processed in Canada or in another embassy for load balancing or it could be processed in India. Or it could be have been touched in india but then handed over to a VO in Canada.

So any guesses about timings are useless.

Though i have heard that CIC operates in shifts in Canada and are working on weekends too.

There is no particular need for wait if they have confirmed that they got your medicals. You should hear back within a month max. Else send another case specific inquiry then.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
balaprasad123 said:
Hi to all.

I came here as a student (one yr course)on Sep 2015 leaving my wife and 4 months kid in India.Just assured them will get them to Canada when I get a standard job....

Overall I can show a month pay slip and bank account of holding 14k cad If I likely to apply on Oct 15.
TRV is the wrong choice for a spouse intending to move and live here with husband and it is really hard to prove a genuine intend of short term visit.

Apply for SOWP showing her full intention of living together with you, show details of your current job i.e. proof that it is a NOC B job - that means recent pay stubs, experience or offer letter describing duties in detail matching with the corresponding NOC.

If your spouse is educated or has done jobs in the past attach evidence of that too.

Either way your primary refusal was because TRV is the wrong type of application for this profile

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
hny2309 said:
hi

i am student in Canada and my study permit is valid till July 2017. i got married recently .

my wife is in India and she is working on contract Job.

My question is that

1. she don't have funds to show
2. her contractor changes every 4 months, so its shows like she changes job after every 4 month.

But i have some fund which i can show in my Canadian account. and i am going to apply online Application for her.

let me know if there will be any issue or should i show my own funds?
You should have funds in addition to your education and living expense. The amount should be enough for her to live for a year.

That is between 6 and 11k CAD.

You can provide detailed employment experience. CIC won't be as interested in frequent switches in her jobs as much as they would be concerned with her education, over all past work experience and profile. It probably would be better if she shows funds from her own account.

balaprasad123

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Hi fkl,
Thx for ur input.

The only thing hesitates me to apply for sowp is the processing time(14 weeks) and the outcome is not guaranteed.

So if I apply for sowp what about my kid's case.Can I apply TRV along with my sowp application?