+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

ssuresh1985

Jul 5, 2015
Hi,

I applied for my SOWP online this week. I got it applied from my wife's attorney in Canada. I'm staying in India. Where will my applications be processed? And, the CIC website changed it processing time from 2 months to 1 month in India? How long would the online processing take?
Thank you all very much

GagzV

Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi fkl and members

Good news!!
I got my spouse open work permit approval yesterday :)
Applied online 5 Jan inland applicant from Canada(I am on PGWP btw and working NOC A).

I am waiting for it to be mailed to me so will get further details then. Let me know if you need any specific help.
Good Luck to all waiting.

Thanks

aprillee

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
does anyone know if CIC saves all your proof that you submit with your initial application? If my application was refused and I want to submit a new one, do I need to enclose only new evidence or also the same that I submitted in my first application?

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
GagzV said:
Hi fkl and members

Good news!!
I got my spouse open work permit approval yesterday :)
Applied online 5 Jan inland applicant from Canada(I am on PGWP btw and working NOC A).

I am waiting for it to be mailed to me so will get further details then. Let me know if you need any specific help.
Good Luck to all waiting.

Thanks
That is good news! My wife applied SOWP inland too on Jan 6. But she hasn't received even an update yet.

GagzV

Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JWZR421 said:
That is good news! My wife applied SOWP inland too on Jan 6. But she hasn't received even an update yet.
I think that should be fine we just got email of update in application and it was approved in mycic.
No update before that.
Good luck

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
GagzV said:
I think that should be fine we just got email of update in application and it was approved in mycic.
No update before that.
Good luck
Hi GagzV,

Congratulations.. :) Just a question, was your spouse already in Canada on Jan-5 when you applied for her SOWP? Or she is in other country?

Thanks

GagzV

Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b4ahmad said:
Hi GagzV,

Congratulations.. :) Just a question, was your spouse already in Canada on Jan-5 when you applied for her SOWP? Or she is in other country?

Thanks
Thanks, yes already in Canada as Visitor, So application would be Inland Canada and Online in format

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
Hi I have some confusion. When I go to the CIC account and try to apply for my spouse's OWP, it only asks for
- IMM1295,
- Medical exam proof,
- PP copies,
- Authority to release info. to another person,
- photo and
- Letter of Explanation.

Is the TRV application done separately? Not sure how this works...

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
GagzV said:
No update before that.
Good luck
Thanks! We checked our myCIC account and it stated approved but then we clicked on the details (check & read messages) there were no changes. Have you encountered this? Or anyone?

SukhiVyakti

Mar 17, 2016
Hi fkl,

Thank you very much for your response. You are a very kind person to take the time out of your schedule to help others.

Kind Regards,
Sukhi

fkl said:
You are most welcome. Just to be sure, I already wrote that but here it is again, I am not certain if scenario A is possible.
Generally it is only allowed for dependent children under 18

If he applies for SP on his own, it involves getting admission and then applying. So if the objective is to get it faster, I am not sure it would give any actual benefit. Applying to an institute and getting admission takes time and SP approvals are often tied to program start dates i.e. they won't hurry in approval if there is many months left in the start of program.

I don't know the answer to second question. Applying for both at the same time is odd in the first place. I don't know even if they would approve both together. There is no clear guideline by CIC about this.

In my opinion, your best bet is to wait for SOWP else you might complicate his case further and get hung / refused for a much longer time.

GagzV

Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jasmohra said:
Hi I have some confusion. When I go to the CIC account and try to apply for my spouse's OWP, it only asks for
- IMM1295,
- Medical exam proof,
- PP copies,
- photo and
- Letter of Explanation.
Its usually done separately once you get approval on work permit. As TRV will be given based on WP.

JWZR421 said:
Thanks! We checked our myCIC account and it stated approved but then we clicked on the details (check & read messages) there were no changes. Have you encountered this? Or anyone?
For this Usually its together(approval and then later message] but it can be delayed as its kind of autogenerated email and sometimes we get emails as late as midnight not sure if they are processing in the different time zones.
But if it says approved it is approved. May be its matter of time. Good luck

belde

Dec 11, 2015
Hi Fkl

I applied for SOWP and it got rejected so we applied for gcms notes and we got the reason as this "Im currently Full time employed in skilled job so why would i leave my home country and move to Canada and initially be unemployed and it says that i have low income and savings and i would initially depend on spouse and spouse show low earning and modest savings and spouse circumstances do not demonstrate an ability to support and additional person not satisfied PA please initiate refund "it says.
Help me in what to do in this case if i reapply what all supporting documents i need to keep? Please reply ASAP.

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
Jasmohra said:
- IMM1295,
- Medical exam proof,
- PP copies,
- photo and
- Letter of Explanation.

Hi,

Any advice folks??
GAgzV my spouse is not in Canada. I am not sure how others who have had their spouses outside Canada done it?

Secondly, the document checklist that it generated for me does not have any option to upload a single document of mine. No place to upload paystubs, employment reference letter, not even relationship proof or financial information. Not sure what's happening..

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
Jasmohra said:
Hi,

Any advice folks??
GAgzV my spouse is not in Canada. I am not sure how others who have had their spouses outside Canada done it?

Secondly, the document checklist that it generated for me does not have any option to upload a single document of mine. No place to upload paystubs, employment reference letter, not even relationship proof or financial information. Not sure what's happening..
It should be asking for a form to be filled up, IMM5257 I guess. That's for TRV. I think you answered something in the questionnaire wrongly. Also, paystubs, employment letter,etc, should be in one file and uploaded together with the Letter of Explanation.

hassan.arif

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
Hi guys,

Anyone know how much time cic usually takes to make rejection decision for SOWP application in Pakistan???

Thankyou!!