+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
hassan.arif said:
Hi guys,

Anyone know how much time cic usually takes to make rejection decision for SOWP application in Pakistan???

Thankyou!!
Why are you looking for rejections bro?? In 2014-2015, I applied TRV for my wife and withing 15 days, they refused both applications. Now she has applied for SOWP on 19-Jan-2016, so far no update from CIC. It was online application.

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GagzV said:
Hi fkl and members

Good news!!
I got my spouse open work permit approval yesterday :)
Applied online 5 Jan inland applicant from Canada(I am on PGWP btw and working NOC A).

I am waiting for it to be mailed to me so will get further details then. Let me know if you need any specific help.
Good Luck to all waiting.

Thanks
Congrats GagzV on the approval. Could you please list the documents you submitted?

Shal4

Jan 4, 2015
Hello,
I am applying for an open work permit in Canada.
I am applying on paper form to submit to the CIC office in my Country.
I have 2 minor dependent children who I want to take along with me.
Please let me know what form should I submit for my small children while applying for my OWP.

Thank you!

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
Shal4 said:
Hello,
I am applying for an open work permit in Canada.
I am applying on paper form to submit to the CIC office in my Country.
I have 2 minor dependent children who I want to take along with me.
Please let me know what form should I submit for my small children while applying for my OWP.

Thank you!
Are you a dependent applying for SOWP? Or just OWP? Have you checked if you meet the requirements for OWP?

Shal4

Jan 4, 2015
Hello,
I have my husband who is working in Canada already. He has a full time job and Work Permit valid till 2018. I will put in his information on the application form as well.
I checked my eligibility and can apply for OWP.
My children are of age 2 and 4 and half years old.

Thank you

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
Shal4 said:
Hello,
I have my husband who is working in Canada already. He has a full time job and Work Permit valid till 2018. I will put in his information on the application form as well.
I checked my eligibility and can apply for OWP.
My children are of age 2 and 4 and half years old.

Thank you
If so, yes you may be able to apply for SOWP but your children has to submit their application under your husband's WP and not under yours. Meaning, all three of you are dependents of your husband. You may be able to apply TRV for the children and an OWP for yourself online.

bbedrich

Mar 4, 2016
GagzV said:
I think that should be fine we just got email of update in application and it was approved in mycic.
No update before that.
Good luck
Congratulations!

My application for study permit was submitted online(im going to finish Master's degree) on Feb 1st, approved on Feb 6th(so it only took 5 days).

My spouse's open work permit was also submitted at the same time under the same account on Feb 1st but still waiting for approval.(applied online from Czech Republic).

The processing time on CIC website is currently showing 1 Month but this has already been more than that. I've sent a Case Specific Enquiry a week ago but no reply yet.

The course is starting in a week and i really need my spouse to accompany me to Canada.

I guess this is all about patience :-X :)

Thanks and have a great day!

B.

Shal4

Jan 4, 2015
Hello,

I was looking at online application form of OWP. It this it gives an option to fill in a form of dependent(s) with name, age and relation. It says that this is for any dependent wants to apply with me. Does this mean that dependents will be provided TRV and OWP to me ?
Is this option available in paper form submission as well.

Thank you

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
Shal4 said:
Hello,

I was looking at online application form of OWP. It this it gives an option to fill in a form of dependent(s) with name, age and relation. It says that this is for any dependent wants to apply with me. Does this mean that dependents will be provided TRV and OWP to me ?
Is this option available in paper form submission as well.

Thank you
Yes that's it. It is also available for paper form submission but you will not be able to check the status of it once you submit your documents.

sqid.madoma

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Calgary
Visa Office......
Sydney
AOR Received.
16-11-2021
My common law partner applied for extension of work permit with sowp after a IEC open work permit.

I just realized after she applied that ourdeclaration of common law was never asked, only a copy of my work permit. Is it normal ?

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
sqid.madoma said:
My common law partner applied for extension of work permit with sowp after a IEC open work permit.

I just realized after she applied that ourdeclaration of common law was never asked, only a copy of my work permit. Is it normal ?
You should have provided proofs of being her common law partner like joint bank account statements, joint properties. There is no "actual" place to input this online but you have to upload it together with (if you have) letter of explanation.

sqid.madoma

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Calgary
Visa Office......
Sydney
AOR Received.
16-11-2021
JWZR421 said:
You should have provided proofs of being her common law partner like joint bank account statements, joint properties. There is no "actual" place to input this online but you have to upload it together with (if you have) letter of explanation.
Oh...
I already have all of this. I gave that for express entry. Can I send that through CSE with an LOE?

I dont understand why it is not specified anywhere...

sqid.madoma

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Calgary
Visa Office......
Sydney
AOR Received.
16-11-2021
sqid.madoma said:
Oh...
I already have all of this. I gave that for express entry. Can I send that through CSE with an LOE?

Somebody please ?

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
sqid.madoma said:
Oh...

Based on CIC website:

Can I send a new document after I submit my online visa application?

No. Once you have submitted your online application, you cannot send more documents to support your application unless a CIC officer asks for them.

It is important to include all the necessary information when you submit your application the first time. You can provide more information in the "Add letter of explanation" row when you are uploading your documents.

If an officer asks for a document, you will get a notification in your My Messages box in MyCIC.

To upload an additional document to your online application, as requested by a CIC officer, follow these steps:

Sign in to your MyCIC account.
Under “View my submitted applications” click on “Check status and messages”.
Under “Application Details” click on “View submitted application” at the bottom of the page.
On this page, you will have the opportunity to upload the additional document, the same way you uploaded the others.
To upload your document, find the document listed in your checklist that appears as “Not provided” and click on “upload document”.

negative

Nov 2, 2015
Hi people,

After waiting almost 20 weeks, my lmia is approved at last. I will have a A level full time job (Software engineer). Now I can move to the next step. I was on the LMIA processing times topic mostly. Now I can move here :)

Sorry if my questions are already asked. I checked most of the posts but couldn't see someone with my situation or I should have skipped.

I am not from a visa exempt country. Therefore, I will apply online from where I live. My wife is also coming with me.
It seems that she can apply for an open work permit because I have a Skill level A job.
Should I also include the application for the OWP when I apply to my Work Permit.
Do I need to show strong ties with the home country? What is strong ties? Both of our families live in our home country and we lived all our lives here.
Do you think that applying for OWP would delay the process? Currently for my visa office it says 1 month waiting time for the work permit.

Thanks a Lot.