28-03-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
Rajan Grover said:
Can someone let me know if i want to order the caips notes of last year rejection.

Can i or not.

Rajan
yes, you can.

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I am a Graduate Student in Canada and my husband applied for his SOWP in December 2013 but it was rejected (The reason was that we applied online based on all the documents asked online and that did not include financial documents, hence rejected.)

We again applied in May, this time paper based application and submitted all documents that were asked. Here's our timeline:

Applied (Paper based): 12th May 2014
Additional Documents Requested (Relationship Proofs): 29th May 2014
Additional Documents sent: 2nd June 2014
Medical Request: 3rd June 2014
Medical Done: 7th June 2014

Waiting to hear back from the Canadian High Commission-New Delhi.

Has anyone recently applied? Just wondering how long will it be before we hear back if he got the Work Permit or not.

Thanks,

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
pari_p said:
Hey guys,

I am a Graduate Student in Canada and my husband applied for his SOWP in December 2013 but it was rejected (The reason was that we applied online based on all the documents asked online and that did not include financial documents, hence rejected.)

We again applied in May, this time paper based application and submitted all documents that were asked. Here's our timeline:

Applied (Paper based): 12th May 2014
Additional Documents Requested (Relationship Proofs): 29th May 2014
Additional Documents sent: 2nd June 2014
Medical Request: 3rd June 2014
Medical Done: 7th June 2014

Waiting to hear back from the Canadian High Commission-New Delhi.

Has anyone recently applied? Just wondering how long will it be before we hear back if he got the Work Permit or not.

Thanks,
Congrats, can you please share the documents you enclosed in package to support your application

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alijumani said:
Congrats, can you please share the documents you enclosed in package to support your application
I haven't heard back from Canadian High Commission yet whether he got his permit or not, hopefully my husband gets one soon.

We included a lot of documents:

From me (i.e. from Canada):
Letter from my University
Letter from my Supervisor/Department Chair
Banks Statments
Personal Invitation Letter (Notarized)
My passport copy, study permit
My tax returns

From him (i.e. india):
All bank account statements (joint/personal)
His employment letter
Personal letter
Financial documents (Tax returns, CA report that states all the properties, assets etc)
Education documents (degrees/marksheets)
Marriage Certificate

And all the forms, its basically everything asked in the document checklist (+few documents from me)!

mandar

Sep 22, 2013
pari_p said:
I haven't heard back from Canadian High Commission yet whether he got his permit or not, hopefully my husband gets one soon.

We included a lot of documents:

From me (i.e. from Canada):
Letter from my University
Letter from my Supervisor/Department Chair
Banks Statments
Personal Invitation Letter (Notarized)
My passport copy, study permit
My tax returns

From him (i.e. india):
All bank account statements (joint/personal)
His employment letter
Personal letter
Financial documents (Tax returns, CA report that states all the properties, assets etc)
Education documents (degrees/marksheets)
Marriage Certificate

And all the forms, its basically everything asked in the document checklist (+few documents from me)!

Hey,
Thanks for sharing this info. I am planning to apply for the same.
Regarding financial documents, did u submit your husband's/his parents property agreement or just CA report which states current value of their properties?
If its parents properties did u also submit any notarized letter from parents?
If you wont mind can you tell, in assets which documents did u submit?

Thanks

milimili

Jun 8, 2014
I'm starting my PhD in Canada this fall and I'd like to bring my spouse with me. I know my spouse is eligible for SOWP but he didn't apply at the same time as I applied for my study permit because a) we feared rejection - it was important for me to get my visa and b) he's a student in our home country so he has obligations here.

But he'll be graduating this fall and obtaining his Master's degree so I'm wondering how we should proceed with his SOWP. The problem is that he is not employed. We both dedicated most of our time to our studies and our families help us financially - there was just not time for building a career. I have a property on my name but can he list it as tie to our home country? He is also listed as an heir to a property in our home country even though he still doesn't own it (since his father is alive) - can he list this property as a tie to our home country?

We are married for 8+ years.

When it comes to money, I am funded by my PhD program. I have full tuition paid, a scholarship and a graduate assistantship (guaranteed for the whole duration of my PhD). The amount is not really big but it goes above the required 10 000 for me and 4000 for a dependent (only a couple of k more, but it's above their limit).

When it comes to the reason of not applying together, what can we say? Will the explanation that he was a student here be enough? Plus, my PhD requires me to perform research in my home country so I will sure come to visit. It's not like we want to be separated. Can he write a letter of explanation for the reasons he didn't apply at the same time as me (citing his studies)?

Do you have any advice for us and how to increase his chances to get a SOWP. (We worry because he's unemployed... But he'll be a recent Master's graduate, does education matter at least a little?)

Also, how soon can he apply? Is is better to wait for me to complete at least one semester to show I am serious about my PhD?

Any help and advice are more than welcomed!

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mandar said:
Hey,
Thanks for sharing this info. I am planning to apply for the same.
Regarding financial documents, did u submit your husband's/his parents property agreement or just CA report which states current value of their properties?
If its parents properties did u also submit any notarized letter from parents?
If you wont mind can you tell, in assets which documents did u submit?

Thanks
I am sorry i forgot to add in the above list that he also added letter from his parents (but he did not get it notarized).
My husband submitted just the CA report which basically shows current value of all the properties/bank accounts he and his parents own. plus his parents letter saying their properties will be inherited by my husband etc etc!
We just submitted bank account statements and CA report for finance documents!

N_Rockstar2014

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Hi,

I am going to apply online for spousal work permit from Bangladesh. My husband is working in Alberta under NOC A category. I am wondering whether i need to submit medical exam now with my application. Could you please let me know which form / medical exam I should submit for spousal work permit application? I didn't get enough info regarding this on CIC website.

Any help is highly appreciated.

SANSUVI

May 29, 2014
fkl said:
I am surprised that your consultant would differentiate the two - CAIPS notes was the old name and GCMS was kind of super set of it. They are not different things as per my knowledge. A consultant should have known better...

The refusal simply sounds like they did not accept that you are exempted from LMO and are eligible for SOWP. Reasons could be several i.e. if your husband's job at that time wasn't NOC 0,A or B, it could be that OR it could be that they just weren't sure of his NOC (wages don't match min needed for NOC) etc.

Real picture would become clear with GCMS notes. That is what you should apply using your husband in Canada without any consultant.

thank you so much for sharing your opinion .... i have asked my husband to apply for GCMS online and then file the application for SOWP. Within a months time i have also asked my husband to look for another job and then apply for SOWP, i am for sure he will get into a junior web developer post and then apply. so that he will have a higher pay and also it falls under the NOC. Will there be a problem if he is getting a new job and then applying for the SOWP immediately, will they say he is new to teh job? will that be a problem?

SANSUVI

May 29, 2014
SANSUVI said:
thank you so much for sharing your opinion .... i have asked my husband to apply for GCMS online and then file the application for SOWP. Within a months time i have also asked my husband to look for another job and then apply for SOWP, i am for sure he will get into a junior web developer post and then apply. so that he will have a higher pay and also it falls under the NOC. Will there be a problem if he is getting a new job and then applying for the SOWP immediately, will they say he is new to teh job? will that be a problem?

CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN TEH OPTION, I WAS GOING THROUGH THE GCMS APPLICATION ONLINE, CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME WITH THE BELOW QUESTION

Which type of records do you wish to request?
cASE FILES / CORPORATE RECORDS

Case files include personal information about an immigration or citizenship application submitted through CIC (i.e. an application for a study permit, a family class sponsorship, etc).

Corporate records do not include personal information, but rather include information that documents or provides evidence of CIC’s business activities (i.e. briefing notes, policies, reports, plans, e-mails, etc).

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
SANSUVI said:
No problem. It is perfectly fine to apply for SOWP as soon as he has a PGWP + NOC 0,A or B. Even if he hasn't started working but has accepted job offer, you can apply. You know for a work permit application, one can apply for SOWP and other family applications TOGETHER. There is no such time restriction or being NEW to the job.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
SANSUVI said:
CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN TEH OPTION, I WAS GOING THROUGH THE GCMS APPLICATION ONLINE, CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME WITH THE BELOW QUESTION

Which type of records do you wish to request?
cASE FILES / CORPORATE RECORDS

Case files include personal information about an immigration or citizenship application submitted through CIC (i.e. an application for a study permit, a family class sponsorship, etc).

Corporate records do not include personal information, but rather include information that documents or provides evidence of CIC's business activities (i.e. briefing notes, policies, reports, plans, e-mails, etc).
I have never ordered notes myself (barely read posts of people about how to do those), so i don't know for sure. But given the text you pasted, it certainly looks like CASE FILES is the right choice.

N_Rockstar2014

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Hi,

I am going to apply online for spousal work permit from Bangladesh. My husband is working in Alberta under NOC A category. I am wondering whether i need to submit medical exam now with my application. Could you please let me know which form / medical exam I should submit for spousal work permit application? I didn't get enough info regarding this on CIC website.

Any help is highly appreciated.