VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
vkshah said:
I would suggest you to not reapply unless you get written confirmation from CIC (Approval letter or Refusal letter) on your previous application. Reapplying before getting such official letter would make your case complicated.

I had done typo mistakes on my main application form IMM1295, my contact number and email both had critical errors on form and I realized it after 2 months as my wait pointed me to review copies of all docs what I had submitted to VFS, and from that I noticed such errors, I immediately wrote enquiry to Delhi visa office with all correct and incorrect details and they replied me after 3 weeks with medical request by email, and then after finishing my medical test, within 1 week I got an approval email.

I suggest you to fill up an enquiry https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=new delhi .. ask them status, provide them your correct details if you have doubt that you missed PPR somehow. (don't mention to them that you did inquiries through MP and got information, etc. That may again complicate your case!!)

Thanks.
I agree - appropriate advice +1

shaxem

Apr 9, 2014
Hi,
does anyone know what kind of visa I should apply(visitor visa or open work permit) to enter Canada before I receive my PR??? my husband is inside Canada and has a post-graduation work permit. we received our CSQs last week and we have applied for permanent resident visa. tnx.

ganesh.cafe

Dec 16, 2012
Hi ,
I have got AOR and medical for PR applied under ainp and medicals done 10th june 2014 ,my wife and my kid also done medicals in India. I just want to apply spouse open work permit and visitor visa for my son through online.

1.Processing time if we apply online?
2.Fund to show by spouse?

will my wife get open work permit since i got PR file number and medicals attached

Pls guide.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
shaxem said:
Hi,
does anyone know what kind of visa I should apply(visitor visa or open work permit) to enter Canada before I receive my PR??? my husband is inside Canada and has a post-graduation work permit. we received our CSQs last week and we have applied for permanent resident visa. tnx.
You can apply for SOWP but only AFTER your husband has a NOC 0, A or B job. That is the requirement for those on PGWP to bring spouses.

Other than that you CAN apply for trv. But that is quite unlikely to succeed and you would need quite an exceptional profile, finances and ties to home country to get that through.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ganesh.cafe said:
Hi ,
I have got AOR and medical for PR applied under ainp and medicals done 10th june 2014 ,my wife and my kid also done medicals in India. I just want to apply spouse open work permit and visitor visa for my son through online.

1.Processing time if we apply online?
2.Fund to show by spouse?

will my wife get open work permit since i got PR file number and medicals attached

Pls guide.
PR application or AOR does not make your spouse eligible for SOWP. You have not indicated your own current status. I assume it is either Study permit or PGWP (with which you need a NOC 0, A or B job to get your SOWP approved).

1. Applying on line would roughly correspond to the same time line that it takes for an application to process in India submitted on paper. It will still be processed at the same indian embassy because your wife and kids are residing there currently. Look at their normal wp processing times.

2. If you are already on a NOC 0, A or B job with a sufficient pay, your wife doesn't need to show ANY funds. If you are student, then she needs to show expense for herself and son enough for a year. To be safe that should be around 16k CAD. (10k for main applicant and 6k for a child).

concorde

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-08-2016
My wife is a student in Canada currently interning as last semester of her PGD in Ontario region. After 2 denied applications for TRV, I applied for SOWP. With a job offer as a Business Development Manager with one of Canada's legal corporations. Even my previous experience draws parallel to my job responsibilities in the new organization.

I am currently working in the same organization's India office as branch manager, so my work permit was a kind of intra-organization location transfer with the letter of employment clearly mentioning that. Filed on 28 May (medical upfront), received rejection on 13th june with a plethora of reasons such as travel history, family ties in canada and india, length of proposed stay in canada, current employment situation, personal assets and financial status.

As per me, these reasons cross all boundaries of sanity and it is clear case of demographic profiling. Such idiosyncrasies do not convey a very fair or rational code of conduct from the embassy. I wonder what the thought process in the embassy is anyways. So distraught, my wife would not be applying for her PGWP and returning to India after completion of her internship.

Anyone had such PATHETIC experience?

ganesh.cafe

Dec 16, 2012
My wife (4 yr son accompanied)Going to show bank balance for 5 lakhs in account,which we going to deposit now,house also in her name in

If i show FIXED DEPOSIT as partial amount,and remaining in her personal account it wont be a problem?

Can proof of fund be
1.Fixed deposit certfcte
2.receipt which i sent money to india through exchange.

Chiragkrishna3311

Feb 12, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
vkshah said:
I would suggest you to not reapply unless you get written confirmation from CIC (Approval letter or Refusal letter) on your previous application. Reapplying before getting such official letter would make your case complicated.

I had done typo mistakes on my main application form IMM1295, my contact number and email both had critical errors on form and I realized it after 2 months as my wait pointed me to review copies of all docs what I had submitted to VFS, and from that I noticed such errors, I immediately wrote enquiry to Delhi visa office with all correct and incorrect details and they replied me after 3 weeks with medical request by email, and then after finishing my medical test, within 1 week I got an approval email.

I suggest you to fill up an enquiry https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=new delhi .. ask them status, provide them your correct details if you have doubt that you missed PPR somehow. (don't mention to them that you did inquiries through MP and got information, etc. That may again complicate your case!!)

Thanks.

Thanks for such detail reply, shah my lawyer is in ahmedabad i dont know why he is not getting my CIC emails i really need PPR, local MP call me on friday and told your file has beeb reopen and this is your PPR, she send me on email but PPR file was in xfdf file so i dont know how it can be open. i told MP to send me pdf format file now finger are cross let c are they gonna send it or not, hopefully you are on the way to canada?
thanks to fkl also for good advice i really appreciate.

Chiragkrishna3311

Feb 12, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Chiragkrishna3311 said:
vkshah said:

Thanks.

Thanks for such detail reply, shah my lawyer is in ahmedabad i dont know why he is not getting my CIC emails i really need PPR, local MP call me on friday and told your file has beeb reopen and this is your PPR, she send me on email but PPR file was in xfdf file so i dont know how it can be open. i told MP to send me pdf format file now finger are cross let c are they gonna send it or not, hopefully you are on the way to canada?
thanks to fkl also for good advice i really appreciate.

Chiragkrishna3311

Feb 12, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
vkshah said:

Thanks.

Thanks if any how if i dont get PPR than can i send my passport through courier from ahmedabad to delhi......

Chiragkrishna3311

Feb 12, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
fkl said:
I agree - appropriate advice +1

thanks for advice if any how i dont PPR than can i send my passport to embassy directly to visa office through local courier do they return my passport again............

Chiragkrishna3311

Feb 12, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
vkshah said:

Thanks.

Hi shah,

Thanks for advice vfs ahmedabad is not taking my passport without PPR so can i send to new delhi embassy directly through DHL courier do you think they will return my passport or you have heard anything like that before.......

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Chiragkrishna3311 said:
thanks for advice if any how i dont PPR than can i send my passport to embassy directly to visa office through local courier do they return my passport again............
I would go against that. You would risk losing passport if they are not willing to accept it that way. I would insist that you should try getting PPR into system. If it is not there, they might let your passport collect dust and might even get lost.

Chiragkrishna3311

Feb 12, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
fkl said:
I would go against that. You would risk losing passport if they are not willing to accept it that way. I would insist that you should try getting PPR into system. If it is not there, they might let your passport collect dust and might even get lost.

Thanks
i will wait to get PPR than only i will send my passport to embassy.......