Feb 12, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
fkl said:
I have never ordered notes myself (barely read posts of people about how to do those), so i don't know for sure. But given the text you pasted, it certainly looks like CASE FILES is the right choice.
Hi fkl,

I did apply my wife OWP on March 7 (online), got medical on March 27 than after no reply but once i did enquiry to MP in canada. He told me your file has been approved and embassy is waiting for your passport, but as i dont have passport request letter i cant send passport VFS was taking my passport. so i did talk to MP and ask them to send email for PPR again, now today i got msg from MP that your file has been closed because they did send PPR twice and you did not respond. reason behing closed application is no respond from applicant. But in my CIC account its shows me application open, i dont know whats happeing. is there any chance to get approval if i apply again.................
please help me with your advice thanks fkl

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Chiragkrishna3311 said:
Hi fkl,

I did apply my wife OWP on March 7 (online), got medical on March 27 than after no reply but once i did enquiry to MP in canada. He told me your file has been approved and embassy is waiting for your passport, but as i dont have passport request letter i cant send passport VFS was taking my passport. so i did talk to MP and ask them to send email for PPR again, now today i got msg from MP that your file has been closed because they did send PPR twice and you did not respond. reason behing closed application is no respond from applicant. But in my CIC account its shows me application open, i dont know whats happeing. is there any chance to get approval if i apply again.................
Oh that is really unfortunate. Sure you would have pretty good chance if you reapply. Probably they used SOME medium of communication that could not reach you.

I would suggest (if you haven't formally received refusal), try to give details of your account some what proving that you did not receive passport request.

They might accept that. If they don't and refuse citing no response as the reason - reapply asap, clearly providing PROOF that you did not receive PPR the first time.

Good luck - though i must admit it seems pretty unfortunate situation but emailing CIC with all details of your profile might work as well.

Chiragkrishna3311

Feb 12, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
fkl said:
Oh that is really unfortunate. Sure you would have pretty good chance if you reapply. Probably they used SOME medium of communication that could not reach you.

I would suggest (if you haven't formally received refusal), try to give details of your account some what proving that you did not receive passport request.

They might accept that. If they don't and refuse citing no response as the reason - reapply asap, clearly providing PROOF that you did not receive PPR the first time.

Good luck - though i must admit it seems pretty unfortunate situation but emailing CIC with all details of your profile might work as well.

Thanks fkl,
you know i am planning to reapply because i dont know whats going on CIC web portal many has such problem of not getting email from CIC, and i did send them request stating that i did not get PPR request on email, hope this time its works thanks fkl will inform you further when i can update.

thanks

milimili

Jun 8, 2014
Can someone answer my question? I need some advice.

I posted it on the previous page:

I'm starting my PhD in Canada this fall and I'd like to bring my spouse with me. I know my spouse is eligible for SOWP but he didn't apply at the same time as I applied for my study permit because a) we feared rejection - it was important for me to get my visa and b) he's a student in our home country so he has obligations here.

But he'll be graduating this fall and obtaining his Master's degree so I'm wondering how we should proceed with his SOWP. The problem is that he is not employed. We both dedicated most of our time to our studies and our families help us financially - there was just not time for building a career. I have a property on my name but can he list it as tie to our home country? He is also listed as an heir to a property in our home country even though he still doesn't own it (since his father is alive) - can he list this property as a tie to our home country?

We are married for 8+ years.

When it comes to money, I am funded by my PhD program. I have full tuition paid, a scholarship and a graduate assistantship (guaranteed for the whole duration of my PhD). The amount is not really big but it goes above the required 10 000 for me and 4000 for a dependent (only a couple of k more, but it's above their limit).

When it comes to the reason of not applying together, what can we say? Will the explanation that he was a student here be enough? Plus, my PhD requires me to perform research in my home country so I will sure come to visit. It's not like we want to be separated. Can he write a letter of explanation for the reasons he didn't apply at the same time as me (citing his studies)?

Do you have any advice for us and how to increase his chances to get a SOWP. (We worry because he's unemployed... But he'll be a recent Master's graduate, does education matter at least a little?)

Also, how soon can he apply? Is is better to wait for me to complete at least one semester to show I am serious about my PhD?

Any help and advice are more than welcomed!

Miss zafar90

Jun 11, 2014
[quote author=fkl link=topic=103723.msg3229591#msg3229591
My husband is studying in canada and i also want to join him there by applying open work permit
After few months he ll get his post grad work permit
So my questions are:
Can we both apply at same time for open work permit and post grad work permit?
What are requiremnts for open work permit?
How long the'll issue me open work permit?
Please reply soon

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Miss zafar90 said:
fkl said:
Normally, you can apply for a Study permit + SOWP or LMO based WP + SOWP at the same time even including kids. I applied and received LMO based WP, SOWP, trv and study permit for my 3 children.

However, your situation is a bit different. For a PGWP, the requirement for SOWP is that you should also have secured a NOC 0, A or B job in order to get a SOWP along.

So i suggest you should wait till your spouse gets PGWP AND A JOB of NOC 0, A or B. Then you can apply for SOWP.

The OWP will be issued for exactly the same length as the permit for your spouse i.e. principal applicant. A PGWP normally is of the same length as the period of study of the applicant. e.g. if your husband was a student for 2 years, his PGWP will be for two years and the SOWP you will be issued cannot go beyond expiry of his PGWP. I am assuming that both of your passports are valid for longer because no work permit is issued beyond the validity of passport.

Requirements are generally

a) Proving that the principal applicant is eligible for a SOWP. This means showing his current PGWP, showing his job details - detailed enough to prove the NOC 0, A or B. Attaching evidence of his latest pay stubs (if already working) to show he is working when you submit application.
b) then proof of relationship - if not married for long or have kids then just marriage certificate isn't enough. You need to attach photo graphs, evidence of marriage event, card of ceremony, proof of say going on honey moon (tickets, hotel reservations etc.). However, none of this is needed if you have been married and living together for long or have kids.
c) Then any sort of convincing evidence that you won't over stay illegally in Canada i.e. ties to home country. This includes your own educational profile, assets if any in home country, job status etc. These things help though are not mandatory but often become the decisive point in an application. If you are shown to be well employed and making good money in home country, that is a strong tie. If the couple is applying together (which you cannot in this situation) it won't even matter for the spouse though.

arorkama

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Chiragkrishna3311 said:
Hi fkl,

Do you mind telling, if your wife is in Canada or backhome (which country). I also did apply SOWP for my husband and hes is India.

Chiragkrishna3311

Feb 12, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
arorkama said:
Do you mind telling, if your wife is in Canada or backhome (which country). I also did apply SOWP for my husband and hes is India.

hi,
my wife is in india, still confused about status on CIC account file is open, but i did enquiry regarding file and they said its closed now, where you live in canada,?

open

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-apr-2014
AOR Received.
30-apr-2014
HI,
My wife applied for open work permit visa with my daughter for trv but they got refused.I am a skilled worker with NOC 0621.What are the chances if they apply again.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
open said:
HI,
My wife applied for open work permit visa with my daughter for trv but they got refused.I am a skilled worker with NOC 0621.What are the chances if they apply again.
Technically you should be eligible and get it. I suggest ordering notes first to see the actual reasons for refusal, address them properly (and refer them in your subsequent application) and then apply.

Without this, you might only have a speculation about cause of refusal and could end up being refused again.

open

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-apr-2014
AOR Received.
30-apr-2014
fkl said:
Technically you should be eligible and get it. I suggest ordering notes first to see the actual reasons for refusal, address them properly (and refer them in your subsequent application) and then apply.

Without this, you might only have a speculation about cause of refusal and could end up being refused again.
Thanks very much fkl for replying very soon...Highly appreciated

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
milimili said:
Can someone answer my question? I need some advice.

I posted it on the previous page:

I'm starting my PhD in Canada this fall and I'd like to bring my spouse with me. I know my spouse is eligible for SOWP but he didn't apply at the same time as I applied for my study permit because a) we feared rejection - it was important for me to get my visa and b) he's a student in our home country so he has obligations here.

But he'll be graduating this fall and obtaining his Master's degree so I'm wondering how we should proceed with his SOWP. The problem is that he is not employed. We both dedicated most of our time to our studies and our families help us financially - there was just not time for building a career. I have a property on my name but can he list it as tie to our home country? He is also listed as an heir to a property in our home country even though he still doesn't own it (since his father is alive) - can he list this property as a tie to our home country?

We are married for 8+ years.

When it comes to money, I am funded by my PhD program. I have full tuition paid, a scholarship and a graduate assistantship (guaranteed for the whole duration of my PhD). The amount is not really big but it goes above the required 10 000 for me and 4000 for a dependent (only a couple of k more, but it's above their limit).

When it comes to the reason of not applying together, what can we say? Will the explanation that he was a student here be enough? Plus, my PhD requires me to perform research in my home country so I will sure come to visit. It's not like we want to be separated. Can he write a letter of explanation for the reasons he didn't apply at the same time as me (citing his studies)?

Do you have any advice for us and how to increase his chances to get a SOWP. (We worry because he's unemployed... But he'll be a recent Master's graduate, does education matter at least a little?)

Also, how soon can he apply? Is is better to wait for me to complete at least one semester to show I am serious about my PhD?

Any help and advice are more than welcomed!
Most of what i would suggest is just personal opinion based upon what i have seen - not written any where.

a) If you didn't apply together in the first place, at least wait until you actually join the program and show some progress. A document showing your current progress, plus your latest month's funding pay slip whatever should really help when you apply for him. Giving a reasonable gap if you didn't apply together makes sense to show change of circumstances - applying first, gotten approved and then applying for SOWP while you haven't actually moved yet would look questionable to me.

b) Writing a cover letter should help explaining all the details. So would attaching property evidence be, but don't count too much on it. Cover letter is not a requirement unless you have a deal breaker explanation. A lot of people dont apply together and go through it latter. In fact most people apply alone fearing risk of refusal at first. So they might not even look at the cover letter unless really needed.

c) More important would be proof of your status i.e. study permit, details of PhD and funding - if your permit is valid for a short time (say a year max), may be a letter from supervisor with good progress feedback and explaining your role is of vital importance. This INFO PROVES sort of your research responsibilities as well as financials which in my view would be the most important thing for CIC.

Completing one semester is not really important but you should at least have been here, collect a cheque or two (or what ever is the mode of your funding) and basically prove that you are actually studying at the program you pursued and were given visa for.

d) Citing his studies as what he is currently doing would be good. Don't try to over explain why you didn't apply together. They know it already. So don't give too much details. Instead focus on his profile, education, background and any assets.

Generally speaking, being employed in home country is important for principal applicant not for a spouse. But because it is a study visa dependent SOWP, it might have a role for the spouse too and having a job though would play a positive role.

But if it helps to know, my wife though being an MBA hasn't worked in like almost 10 years and we did get SOWP easily. At least two other friends of mine also did where one of whose spouse was quite younger, recently married and barely a graduate with no property back home.

However, all of these cases were for highly specialized skilled jobs where principal applicants were working in the relevant industry for 7 years or more with very well paid jobs in home country as well. So i don't know how much of an impact that had. But none of us owned any properties nor we had any significant bank accounts. Having funds for a year is not a requirement for people with confirmed jobs in Canada. Hope that helps

Miss zafar90

Jun 11, 2014
Thanks for such detail reply
I want to ask one more thing that can I apply now for SOWP as my husband is on study permit and his study visa will expire on sep 2015? Is there any chances to get SOWP?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Miss zafar90 said:
Thanks for such detail reply
I want to ask one more thing that can I apply now for SOWP as my husband is on study permit and his study visa will expire on sep 2015? Is there any chances to get SOWP?
No problem.

In principle, you can apply by showing enough funds for your expense for a year. However, if i remember correctly if it is the same case, your husband has actually finished his studies early for some reason and will now be applying for PGWP. Even if he waits for your case to conclude first, but if CIC checks with his academic institution or asks you people to submit proof of his studies currently being continued, which you might have trouble with, then it will create a problem for you guys.

vkshah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-09-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
Chiragkrishna3311 said:
Thanks fkl,
you know i am planning to reapply because i dont know whats going on CIC web portal many has such problem of not getting email from CIC, and i did send them request stating that i did not get PPR request on email, hope this time its works thanks fkl will inform you further when i can update.

thanks
I would suggest you to not reapply unless you get written confirmation from CIC (Approval letter or Refusal letter) on your previous application. Reapplying before getting such official letter would make your case complicated.

I had done typo mistakes on my main application form IMM1295, my contact number and email both had critical errors on form and I realized it after 2 months as my wait pointed me to review copies of all docs what I had submitted to VFS, and from that I noticed such errors, I immediately wrote enquiry to Delhi visa office with all correct and incorrect details and they replied me after 3 weeks with medical request by email, and then after finishing my medical test, within 1 week I got an approval email.

I suggest you to fill up an enquiry https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=new delhi .. ask them status, provide them your correct details if you have doubt that you missed PPR somehow. (don't mention to them that you did inquiries through MP and got information, etc. That may again complicate your case!!)

Thanks.