+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

SANSUVI

May 29, 2014
my husband inquired in canada, and i think they were also suggesting for GCMS. but how much does that cost because they were mentioning to him that they need 500$ for to order some documents from cic with regard to our previous application ( i think they mean it is GCMS) and it is going to take 5-6 weeks.... and when i google it says that i can get that for $30, which one is right info. do you have any information about that.

fkl said:
You are most welcome. You don't need consultants to do this stuff for you, specially when they don't really add any value to your file against the money they charge.

With the limited info you provided, i suspect that your husband's compensation is lower for the NOC and role he is working on. Probably you should look at the details of his NOC and compare the minimum pay needed as well as the job profile. With multiple rejections as you mentioned, you probably should have ordered GCMS notes to get the precise reasoning put in by the VO. Though these things generally are addressed when issuing LMO to the applicant himself but i really can't say any thing beyond this without any details. If i were in your shoes, i won't reapply without getting detailed notes. Since he is in Canada, it should be pretty easy to get those with your authorization

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
SANSUVI said:
my husband inquired in canada, and i think they were also suggesting for GCMS. but how much does that cost because they were mentioning to him that they need 500$ for to order some documents from cic with regard to our previous application ( i think they mean it is GCMS) and it is going to take 5-6 weeks.... and when i google it says that i can get that for $30, which one is right info. do you have any information about that.
I don't remember the exact figures but it is definitely not 500 and more likely is 30 or less (may be not any thing at all). Many people get those. 500 is big money for any thing of that sort. Your husband can apply for it using authorization given by you and that should be all. Some people are listed on this forum who even provide it for free.

arorkama

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Hi,
If your husband is in canada. He can get the gcms notes for free. Here is the link to appply for GCMS notes. It takes around 30 days.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do

[/quote]

Chiragkrishna3311

Feb 12, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi Guys,

I did apply on SOWP online in india on march 7, did medical on march 27 still under processing, but my husband in canada inquire about our file and said that my file is been approved on April 7, but still i did not get medical request, so VFS is not taking my passport. IS THERE ANY CHANCE I CAN SEND MY PASSPORT TO NEW DELHI VISA OFFICE DIRECTLY TO EMBASSY, WILL THEY RESPONCE. any one please help me i am in serious trouble or they can reject my file i asked my time to update my PPR on email but i dont know why they are taking too much time.

Any one from india who knows if i can send my passport to new delhi embassy directly without VFS.???

VIRGO1978

Jun 4, 2014
Yamini said:
I GOT MY OPEN WORK PERMIT VISA IN 17 DAYS(IN JULY 2012) AND I HAVE BEEN STAYING IN VANCOUVER FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS. IF ANYONE WHO IS APPLYING HAVE PROBLEMS OR ISSUES KINDLY LET ME KNOW. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO REPLY.

Hi Yamini,

Greetings!

Was just going through your posts... Congratulations..

My husband will be applying for a student visa in a reputed college in BC. Should he apply TRV for me and our 7 year old son along or should we wait for him to get his visa first, if approved.

We have a USA tourist visa. Do you think it can be a problem getting a TRV only for tourism purposes where we can join him once he reaches there and apply for a OWP once in canada.

Please help.

arorkama

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Viky said:
Thanks. Applied on my own.
Can you tell me which documents, do I need to apply SOWP for my husband. He is in india.

Did you attached any cover letter along with ur application. If so, do you mind sharing it here.

Thanks,

SANSUVI

May 29, 2014
fkl said:
I don't remember the exact figures but it is definitely not 500 and more likely is 30 or less (may be not any thing at all). Many people get those. 500 is big money for any thing of that sort. Your husband can apply for it using authorization given by you and that should be all. Some people are listed on this forum who even provide it for free.

thanks for the info, i spoke to the consultancy and told me that it is caips and not gcms.

i would also bring to your notice the reason ticked on my rejection letter for the first and the third time was as mentioned below,

* you have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations exempting you from teh requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in canada comes to exception in section of the regulations. As a result your offer of employment must be subject of an economic affect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. yOUR EMPLOYER IN CANADA SHOULD contact the local office of teh department of Human Resources and skills development in canada to begin the process.

my understanding was its LMO. Am I right ???? please help

vkshah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-09-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
SANSUVI said:
thanks for the info, i spoke to the consultancy and told me that it is caips and not gcms.

i would also bring to your notice the reason ticked on my rejection letter for the first and the third time was as mentioned below,

* you have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations exempting you from teh requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in canada comes to exception in section of the regulations. As a result your offer of employment must be subject of an economic affect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. yOUR EMPLOYER IN CANADA SHOULD contact the local office of teh department of Human Resources and skills development in canada to begin the process.

CAIPS notes can be applied online. It's fees is 5$. It will take 3-4 weeks time. You will get it in email if applied through CIC online system. Otherwise you can apply by paper application too that will take bit more time (1 more week) and you will get it at your home address.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
SANSUVI said:

I am surprised that your consultant would differentiate the two - CAIPS notes was the old name and GCMS was kind of super set of it. They are not different things as per my knowledge. A consultant should have known better...

The refusal simply sounds like they did not accept that you are exempted from LMO and are eligible for SOWP. Reasons could be several i.e. if your husband's job at that time wasn't NOC 0,A or B, it could be that OR it could be that they just weren't sure of his NOC (wages don't match min needed for NOC) etc.

Real picture would become clear with GCMS notes. That is what you should apply using your husband in Canada without any consultant.

arorkama

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
I did apply for SOWP for my husband online today. My husband is in India. Anyone has any idea, where this application is going to be processed.

Thanks,

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
arorkama said:
I did apply for SOWP for my husband online today. My husband is in India. Anyone has any idea, where this application is going to be processed.

Thanks,
India

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
arorkama said:
Any idea about processing time.
It would be listed on their website. Do you want me to look for the link?

Update:
4 months
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp

arorkama

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
fkl said:
It would be listed on their website. Do you want me to look for the link?

Update:
4 months
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp
Thanks,

Wow. It's going to be long waiting time.