fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Congrats Sunn88 and yes it would be helpful to many others. Thanks for sharing +1

farwa ff

Jul 31, 2013
jobin007ae said:
Hi all, I have submitted my application online on May 5th , 2014

is there anyone who applied in may

plz share ur current status and informations regarding this...

once my application has been refused,and I reapplied now.....still no there is no reply so I am very much tensed....

guys plz....share urs

Hello... my name is farwa and i have submitted my application on 3rd May 2014...
And I am also waiting for response from CIC..
And I am from Pakistan .

snowboy

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Doc's Request.
12-11-2014
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Interview........
Decision made on 19th Feb 2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
Hi Guys,

I am coming to Canada under skilled worker visa on June 20th 2014 for 1 yr. I want to apply for SOWP for my wife once I land in Canada.

Do I need to fill Form IMM1295? it says "Application for work permit made outside Canada", but I will be applying from(within) Canada.
What are the other forms I need send?
What are the documents we need to send along with the application?

Regards,
Stephen

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
snowboy said:
Hi Guys,

I am coming to Canada under skilled worker visa on June 20th 2014 for 1 yr. I want to apply for SOWP for my wife once I land in Canada.

Do I need to fill Form IMM1295? it says "Application for work permit made outside Canada", but I will be applying from(within) Canada.
What are the other forms I need send?
What are the documents we need to send along with the application?

Regards,
Stephen
Yes you need to fill this form along with several others that (if you are applying online) are automatically selected for you or if you are applying on paper, those would be listed in the procedure under your local embassy's website along with list of required docs.

It will be applying "outside Canada" because it is not YOU who is applying, it will be your spouse who is not in Canada and has to apply from home country EVEN if it is you who fills the application say online, it will still be processed at the embassy in your home country and would face the same processing times.

schopra3

May 28, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am an Indian citizen currently working in Canada. I am holding post graduate open work permit. I recently got married in Oct/2013. In December I applied for my husband open work permit from India, that got rejected. I fulfill all the short documents and then applied for his visitor visa, that got rejected too.

I have applied for our Permanent residency under AINP category in Feb 2014 but i hasn't got my PNP yet. It is gonna be a long process for sure, but i want him to be here soon.

Need Help, what should I do now.

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
schopra3 said:
Hi everyone,

I am an Indian citizen currently working in Canada. I am holding post graduate open work permit. I recently got married in Oct/2013. In December I applied for my husband open work permit from India, that got rejected. I fulfill all the short documents and then applied for his visitor visa, that got rejected too.

I have applied for our Permanent residency under AINP category in Feb 2014 but i hasn't got my PNP yet. It is gonna be a long process for sure, but i want him to be here soon.

Need Help, what should I do now.
Are you working there in which category...? means in which noc code your occupation lies ....

Rajan

SANSUVI

May 29, 2014
hi all,

I am happy to see lots of people are helping each other in this forum, i am new to teh forum and i would like to get some help from you guys.

my husband is in canada working as a web developer in a company and he is in a work permit. I tried to apply for open work permit 3 times and it got rejected, but then i was not working. but last 4 months i am working in a IT company and i am thinking if it would be a good idea to apply for a visit visa to visit my husband in canada. can you guys please let me know your opinion about the same.is there any chance of rejection because i had applied for open work permit 5 months before and it got rejected. please let me know your opinion. please help me:(

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
SANSUVI said:
hi all,

I am happy to see lots of people are helping each other in this forum, i am new to teh forum and i would like to get some help from you guys.

my husband is in canada working as a web developer in a company and he is in a work permit. I tried to apply for open work permit 3 times and it got rejected, but then i was not working. but last 4 months i am working in a IT company and i am thinking if it would be a good idea to apply for a visit visa to visit my husband in canada. can you guys please let me know your opinion about the same.is there any chance of rejection because i had applied for open work permit 5 months before and it got rejected. please let me know your opinion. please help me:(
Don't apply visitor visa ever...

Visa officer never ever give the visitor visa to spouse...

What was the reason for rejection..?

Did u apply by your own..? if yes this time apply OWP but through lawyer..

Rajan

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
schopra3 said:
m a accounting technician NOC 1311
Ohh good that falls in NOC category..and what was the reason for previous rejection.??

what are the documents u had attached with previous application and when did u apply for AINP ?

Rajan

SANSUVI

May 29, 2014
Rajan Grover said:
Don't apply visitor visa ever...

Visa officer never ever give the visitor visa to spouse...

What was the reason for rejection..?

Did u apply by your own..? if yes this time apply OWP but through lawyer..

Rajan

thank you rajan for the reply,

i did it through a consultancy india and the reason for rejections are as follows,

1. it said LMO
2. saying NOC of my husband doesn't not fall under the required NOC

3rd time when i applied my husband got a job under the required NOC and still they gave a rejection saying LMO, non sufficient fund. The reason for non sufficient fund was because, my father had the funds in his name and the application showed that he will support me.

it was in jan the last rejection happened and i thought it will be a good idea for me to wait for some time and then apply. mean while i got a job in an IT company and i am working for last 4 months.

please suggest me what should i do?

schopra3

May 28, 2014
Rajan Grover said:
Ohh good that falls in NOC category..and what was the reason for previous rejection.??

what are the documents u had attached with previous application and when did u apply for AINP ?

Rajan
it was refused because of his funds but he was having 6 lakh rs in his account, 4 lakh of fdr. then they say travel history but he already traveled Dubai, Singapore- twice and once Malaysia with me.

I have Applied AINP in Feb 2014 and that is gonna take atleast 6 months or more because of high applicants. :(

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I would second Rajan's opinion +1 It sounds funny to apply for trv for a spouse - specially after failing with SOWP application. It is common sense that spouse intends to live and possibly work with husband, not just visit him shortly.

There are some things seriously odd with your case - and your explanation too.

1) It said LMO - What do you mean? Did it say you need LMO? or did it mean they are not sure of your husband's NOC and hence whether you are eligible for SOWP. That is weird because then they didn't get clear documents to recognize that your husband holds a work permit with a skilled job - and you do NOT need an LMO.

2) So probably that is the problem. Your husband didn't have a skilled job. Even when you say he got it latter probably they are not satisfied with his job responsibilities that they fall in the NOC that makes you eligible.

Funds have no bearing in case of a solid work permit application. Why would any one care if you have enough funds or not if your husband is working in a skilled position in Canada.

If it is the way you said, i.e. he has a skilled job, you should attach DETAILED job description from employer - kind of proving HIS NOC code and it should be one of NOC 0, A or B and you should be good to get SOWP.

SANSUVI said:
thank you rajan for the reply,

i did it through a consultancy india and the reason for rejections are as follows,

1. it said LMO
2. saying NOC of my husband doesn't not fall under the required NOC

3rd time when i applied my husband got a job under the required NOC and still they gave a rejection saying LMO, non sufficient fund. The reason for non sufficient fund was because, my father had the funds in his name and the application showed that he will support me.

it was in jan the last rejection happened and i thought it will be a good idea for me to wait for some time and then apply. mean while i got a job in an IT company and i am working for last 4 months.

please suggest me what should i do?

snowboy

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Doc's Request.
12-11-2014
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Interview........
Decision made on 19th Feb 2015
Passport Req..
10-03-2015
fkl said:
Yes you need to fill this form along with several others that (if you are applying online) are automatically selected for you or if you are applying on paper, those would be listed in the procedure under your local embassy's website along with list of required docs.

It will be applying "outside Canada" because it is not YOU who is applying, it will be your spouse who is not in Canada and has to apply from home country EVEN if it is you who fills the application say online, it will still be processed at the embassy in your home country and would face the same processing times.
Thanks for the reply. But my spouse is also traveling along with me to Canada in Temporary resident visa (TRV). Once we both land in Canada, I am planning to apply for SOWP, hope my case is clear now. Is it possible to apply for SOWP online? if yes please share the link. I would prefer to do it online rather than paper application.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
snowboy said:
Thanks for the reply. But my spouse is also traveling along with me to Canada in Temporary resident visa (TRV). Once we both land in Canada, I am planning to apply for SOWP, hope my case is clear now. Is it possible to apply for SOWP online? if yes please share the link. I would prefer to do it online rather than paper application.
You are most welcome.

Oh i see - yes your case wasn't clear earlier. Sure you can apply for work permit online and it would be treated as INSIDE Canada. Though i still wonder why are you doing it twice for your spouse, wasting time and money. You should have applied for SOWP in the first place and would have gotten trv along with work permit.

Any way here is the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

Just to ensure your spouse got a multiple entry trv which is valid for longer than six months - preferably a year at least right? If that is not the case, you would probably have to explain in your application that she is in Canada with you being on a work permit and it is NOT JUST a visitor status.