+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

XYZSAN

Star Member
May 5, 2012
XYZSAN said:
Hi,

I am applying for open workpermit.. is following documents are enough. i have some doubts reg this..pls clarify

1. A completed Work Permit application
2. A copy of the spouse's work permit and/or visa
3. Marriage certificate
4. Letter of invitation from spouse
5. Bank statements for past two years - is my husband bank stmts are enough for this..or should i show my bank stmts to approve i will be return back to india..after visa expires
6. Spouse's offer of employment in Canada
7. If applying separately, an explanation of why they have applied separately -- what should i submit here
8. Employment certificate in India, and explanation of leave provisions, if applicable -- employment certificate i can provide.but leave provision.. how should this effect..i will be there upto my huband workpermit valid time right.. then is it necessary to show leave letter...
9. Other proof of ties to India - pls mention what should show here..i am working as a engineer in hyd...last time my trv got rejected saying that i would not be return back to india..to avoid this.. this time wht should i show...
Any one pls reply to my post

MoeTurson

Aug 18, 2012
Hi,

I have couple questions please fill me out..

- I'm an international student, 2 years left to graduate. I want to renew my study permit(expires on Dec,2012) and want also to apply for an off campus work permit. I know I can do both at the same time online, right?

- My spouse is on visitor record (expires on Dec too) and want extend her stay and to apply for an open work permit. Can she do that online and on the same time I do mine?

knowing that she's with me in Canada.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thank you!!

priyum521

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
03-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-08-2012
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
03-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2012
LANDED..........
Already in Canada since August, 2011
Hi All,

I am very sorry for late reply.

XYZSAN, please see my comments.

I am applying for open workpermit.. is following documents are enough. i have some doubts reg this..pls clarify

1. A completed Work Permit application - Required

2. A copy of the spouse's work permit and/or visa - Required

3. Marriage certificate - Required

4. Letter of invitation from spouse - Not Required

5. Bank statements for past two years - Your husband contract letter will be enough. [or pay slips also will be fine]

6. Spouse's offer of employment in Canada - Since you are applying for OWP, no offer letter is required.

7. If applying separately, an explanation of why they have applied separately -- Apply based on your partners work permit. The changes of getting visa are high. If you want to apply separately then you need offer letter, LMO, etc.

8. Employment certificate in India, and explanation of leave provisions, if applicable -- employment certificate i can provide.but leave provision.. how should this effect..i will be there upto my huband workpermit valid time right.. then is it necessary to show leave letter... - No required

9. Other proof of ties to India - pls mention what should show here..i am working as a engineer in hyd...last time my trv got rejected saying that i would not be return back to india..to avoid this.. this time wht should i show...- How did you apply. Did you apply separately???

priyum521

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
03-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-08-2012
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
03-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2012
LANDED..........
You need following documents if you are applying for first time

1. Marriage Certificate
2. Your Partners Work permit
3. Your Partners Contract letter.

natashia said:
hi priyum i am here in canada and i just renewed my work permit under the 0, A and B skilled worker category. I am interested in applying my husband for an open work permit. what are the steps to do it. please please i really need your help. thank u very much and more power.

priyum521

Star Member
Apr 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
03-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-08-2012
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
03-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2012
LANDED..........
If anyone need any information about OWP, please send me personal note. I can answer them.

Reactions: vikramjeetsaini

schumacer

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Hi Guys,

new to this forum...can someone please help me

My Profile
Work Ex - 4 years in IT
GMAT 710
Admission - Admitted to Schulich School of Business for Jan 2013 intake

I will be applying for student visa soon..

questions regarding my visa

1) as per new rules on VFS website, I must show receipt of 1st year fees + $10000 through GIC or in bank account -> This statement is under the documents labelled "STRONGLY RECOMMENDED" . Now hypothetically if I pay college fees and end up getting visa rejected then I wont get any refund, so can't I just show my bank balance = 1st year fee + $10000?

2) Do we need to personally hand over the file at VFS or through courier? Which one is recommended?

3) my study permit is enough and I don't need to apply for TRV right?

I got married in March 2012...My wife is already an MBA with 2 years work ex..
I want to take her with on an OWP

1) Which option is better , we both apply together or first I get my student visa , and after that she applies for OWP

2) does she need to apply separately for TRV or is it covered in the OWP itself?

I am from Pune, India

VIJAY10302

Sep 21, 2012
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2012
AOR Received.
PER:12-02-2013 AOR:02-03-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Hi iam working in Alberta with TWP, i have been got my new work permit on oct17, 2012 extended for two more years. I want to apply OWP for my wife, as i have been applied for TRV for my wife in april27, 2012 unfortunately it got rejected. At present now my TRV is also expired i`m going to apply for it, my question is is that possible to apply my wife OWP along with my extending TRV application. I have been came to this idea because i read in the CIC website saying that for spouse OWP it has to applied at the same time before entering Canada. Thats why i just want to know if it is possible to apply my wife OWP along with my extending TRV application.

If possible how can i proceed it, whether it has to applied inland or outside Canada. my wife is in India and she is holding her valid passport in india, since our TRV has been rejected for one time i want my OWP to be completed very properly so it will have more chances of success.

Please help me senior members hope u will be having best answers for me, thanking you friends in advance for your reply.

XYZSAN

Star Member
May 5, 2012
priyum521 said:
If anyone need any information about OWP, please send me personal note. I can answer them.

hi priyum how can i send personal note. can u pls provide ur email id ...its urgent

XYZSAN

Star Member
May 5, 2012
krithika said:
Dear XYZ,

What is the reason for TRV refusals ?I would also like to apply for a OWP.
hi krithika

reasons are same. dont have enough assets and not guaranty to return back to india

fed up with this visa proces.. as my trv rejected twice and my OWP also rejected yesterday.. dont know what to do now

Taruna

Nov 4, 2012
Hi everyone

I also have some queries in relation to spouse visa for canada.

I am currently engaged and my finace has gone to halifax, canada in may 2012 with work permit of 2 years.
We are getting married on coming 7 Dec 2012.

He will be going back on 17 Dec 2012 itself as he has come with very limited leaves from office.

I would like to know that I want to go with him . Can anyone guide which visa to apply and whether i will get work permit as I am currently working in India also. Please help its urgent. Thanks

Tanu

princh

Sep 1, 2012
o god i mistake write in the application form i was apply for Live-in caregiver program but but i write in the application form Open work permit program it's only wrong what i do because i already send in embassy ...........any suggestion about this please help me guys

navster

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Hi xyz, even my visa got rejected twice not understanding Wat to do... Wat are you planning to do next? Please reply to this ...