+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

XYZSAN

Star Member
May 5, 2012
navster said:
Hi xyz, even my visa got rejected twice not understanding Wat to do... Wat are you planning to do next? Please reply to this ...
Hi are you jyothi .. give me ur gmail id...

Yamini

May 11, 2012
I GOT MY OPEN WORK PERMIT VISA IN 17 DAYS(IN JULY 2012) AND I HAVE BEEN STAYING IN VANCOUVER FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS. IF ANYONE WHO IS APPLYING HAVE PROBLEMS OR ISSUES KINDLY LET ME KNOW. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO REPLY.

Yamini said:
Hi Rjessome,

Thanks so much for your insightful comments. We are indeed planning on looking at the weaknesses pointed out in the letter from the visa officer and addressing the issues one by one. However, in the process, we have certain doubts. If you could share your experience regarding those, we would much appreciate it.

1. Showing Intent to Come Back/Establishing Social and Economic Ties to India: The visa officer seems unconvinced about my intent to return to India after my stay in Canada. We have read and heard about several ways to show the intent to come back to India by illustrating economic ties by showing bank statements, property, business, and vehicle ownership etc. But we are still unsure about what the best way to do this is. We have heard many advices, but it would be great to definitively on how to go about this?

In addition, establishing social ties also seems very vague. We can't think of anything else other than saying that we are both elder most children of our parents—this has many social obligations in our culture and hence it is imperative that we come back.

2. Travel History: I am also unsure about why the visa office is not sure about my travel history. My travel history, if anything, further bolsters my intent to come back to India. I was in Germany for 5 months for the partial fulfillment of my MBA and I was offered internships, which would have allowed me stay there longer. But instead I chose to come back and join the job offer I had in India – precisely because I wanted to be close to my family here in India. So my travel history in fact cements my intention to be in India.

3. My Family Ties in Canada and India: My entire family is in India. This includes my parents my brother, all my in-laws and even my extended family. The only reason I am going to Canada is because my husband, who is himself an American green card holder is pursuing a PhD. So again, there is no reason for me to extend my stay in Canada once my husband's PhD is complete. Even if he decides to come to the US for some time, eventually both of us will be in India because of our heavy social and economic investment here.

a. Do you think we should disclose information about my husband's green card status? How do we handle this objection raised by the visa officer?

4. Length of Proposed Stay in Canada: I understand that this was a concern the first time as TRVs are only valid for 6 months. So this was my fault that I applied for a longer term. However, this is something that will remain unchanged in my new application as well. My husband will take 2 more years to complete his PhD and that's how long I intend to stay there. Any other way we can address this concern? Or, is it no longer an issues as we are applying for an OWP?

5. Current Employment Situation: When I applied last time, I had just quit my job to explore other internship opportunities because the job profile was not to my liking. Perhaps the visa office thought of this has a move that severs ties with India as well. To address this, would you recommend me getting an internship letter for the reapplication?

6. Personal Assets and Financial Status: The bank statements I submitted last time did not reflect my total savings from my employment. I will rectify this mistake and also show additional funds in my parent's accounts. Would this be enough to satisfy the visa officer? Or should I also get letters from my parents confirming their financial support to me?

Thank you so very much. All your effort and time are much much appreciated.

eegchen

Nov 26, 2012
Yamini,
I am going to apply OWP for myself.
My wife is working in Toronto as a skilled worker.
I read on the website that she can sponsor me with the OWP.

Is this ture,?
Could you tell me how you get the OWP?

Thanks.

Yamini said:
I GOT MY OPEN WORK PERMIT VISA IN 17 DAYS(IN JULY 2012) AND I HAVE BEEN STAYING IN VANCOUVER FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS. IF ANYONE WHO IS APPLYING HAVE PROBLEMS OR ISSUES KINDLY LET ME KNOW. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO REPLY.

neetu1

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2013
Doc's Request.
1 sept 2013-asked for PCC from canada
AOR Received.
june 2013
File Transfer...
RPRF request made on 29 october 2013
Med's Request
04/07/2013
Med's Done....
08/07/2013
Interview........
in process oct 23 2013 DM 25 nov 2013
Passport Req..
25 nov 2013 Passport sent 26 nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 nov 2013; ppt recieved 13 december 2013
LANDED..........
15 dec 2013
Ratings: +0

Re: Open work permit and study permit?
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 10:34:36 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
HI PMM,
I am here in montreal (quebec) as an international student and i have a study permit valid till aug 2014 but as my husband is holding a pgwp valid till 2015 september I want to change my study permit to open work permit. He has a full time job NOC-2175 . so can i apply for OWP on his PGWP. i NEED ur help!!!

And what are the documents i need to send with my application to change my status other than:
marriage certificate.
his job letter.
his pay slip.
copy of his work permit.

any help would be appreciated.

thank you in advance.

john.thundyil

Dec 12, 2012
Hi Guys.

I am a newbie and I need ur help with the visa application for work permit.

I have been offered a position as a Post Doctoral Fellow at the Univ of Alberta, Canada. According to the offer letter as a
Postdoctoral Fellow I am exempt from advance confirmation by Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) under Regulation #205(c)(ii), Confirmation Exempt cod C44. I would be getting married in India and would like to apply for a work permit from Mumbai, India for myself and a open work permit for my spouse too. So here are my questions.

1) Do I just apply for a work permit or also fill the form for the temporary residence visa.I ask this because in the application links for work permits there is a form for TRV and it says it may or may not be required.Can you comment?

2) For my spouse's open work permit, I fill the same application that I fill (i.e 1295) but just mention open work permit in the job details is it?

3) How much money would I be required to show to take my spouse along with me.

Can you guyss advise, Priyum or anyone else..help please:)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

john.thundyil said:
Hi Guys.

I have been offered a position as a Post Doctoral Fellow at the Univ of Alberta, Canada. According to the offer letter as a
Postdoctoral Fellow I am exempt from advance confirmation by Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) under Regulation #205(c)(ii), Confirmation Exempt cod C44. I would be getting married in India and would like to apply for a work permit from Mumbai, India for myself and a open work permit for my spouse too. So here are my questions.

1) Do I just apply for a work permit or also fill the form for the temporary residence visa.I ask this because in the application links for work permits there is a form for TRV and it says it may or may not be required.Can you comment?

2) For my spouse's open work permit, I fill the same application that I fill (i.e 1295) but just mention open work permit in the job details is it?

1. You require a TRV and a work permit.
2. Yes
3. Depends on your salary as a Post Doc.

john.thundyil

Dec 12, 2012
Dear PMM.

Thanks for your reply. My salary as a post doc would be 45k plus insurance covered. The contract is for 2 years initially.

1) I have been working overseas in Australia since past year.So have saved up around 10-12k AUD. Would that be enough money for my wife's visa?

2) Also, do I also fill both TRV and 1295 forms for my wife too.

3) My employer has provided insurance for me. Would I have to show proof of purchase of any private insurance or my wife, at the time of visa application?

kindly reply and oblige. Merry Xmas :).God bless. Really appreciate the help.

Hi

Quote from: john.thundyil on December 12, 2012, 04:51:45 am
Hi Guys.

1. You require a TRV and a work permit.
2. Yes
3. Depends on your salary as a Post Doc.

john.thundyil

Dec 12, 2012

1) I apply for a work permit or also fill the form for the temporary residence visa. Is that correct?

2) For my spouse's open work permit, I fill the same application that I fill (i.e 1295) but just mention open work permit in the job details is it?Also, do I also fill both TRV and 1295 forms for my wife too.

3) How much money would I be required to show to take my spouse along with me. My salary as a post doc would be 45k plus insurance covered. The contract is for 2 years initially.I have been working overseas in Australia since past year.So have saved up around 10-12k AUD. Would that be enough money for my wife's visa?

4) My employer has provided insurance for me. Would I have to show proof of purchase of any private insurance or my wife, at the time of visa application?

eva88

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
Med's Request
24-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
Hi Yamini ,

Hope you are doing with your Husband in Canada now. I read your post that you got OWP in 17 days.
Pleaseeeeeee help me with the same as I am also in same situation.

I am currently working with IT firm in Delhi and I will be getting married soon in two months.
Can you please tell me each and every detail about how to proceed in Visa application and

What all specific things that needs to be taken care of ? so that i can be with my husband as soon as possible.

Please tell me everything about all the documents required , Funds and other major things etc.
Your early reply would be really helpful.

ssenjaliya

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eva88 said:
Hi Yamini ,

Hope you are doing with your Husband in Canada now. I read your post that you got OWP in 17 days.
Pleaseeeeeee help me with the same as I am also in same situation.

I am currently working with IT firm in Delhi and I will be getting married soon in two months.
Can you please tell me each and every detail about how to proceed in Visa application and

What all specific things that needs to be taken care of ? so that i can be with my husband as soon as possible.

Please tell me everything about all the documents required , Funds and other major things etc.
Your early reply would be really helpful.
Hi Eva,

Did you already applied or waiting yet?

What is the status of your fiance in Canada? Closed WP or OWP?

Thanks,

vkas

Feb 27, 2012
@john.thundyil I don't know exactly the answers of 1 and 2

In my case when I applied for WP they stamped Visa as well.
3 10k AUD is sufficient and and you will get a loan letter(if you need one- because its a study/research- check with ur college). If you need one please put some more money in any bank in Kerala and they will give u a loan letter of upto (1M - INR)
4 For visitors they don't force people to take health insurance(unless you are older than 60) , but you can take one if you want because health care is very expensive here if you don't have a health card.

for 2 I would do if I was in your place, I apply for a visitor visa first and land here and apply for open work permit(If you put your pay slip in your application, that's good). Once you landed here you can drive to US border and apply for work permit(so called flagpole), you will get work permit that day itself.

ssenjaliya

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vkas said:
@ john.thundyil I don't know exactly the answers of 1 and 2

In my case when I applied for WP they stamped Visa as well.
3 10k AUD is sufficient and and you will get a loan letter(if you need one- because its a study/research- check with ur college). If you need one please put some more money in any bank in Kerala and they will give u a loan letter of upto (1M - INR)
4 For visitors they don't force people to take health insurance(unless you are older than 60) , but you can take one if you want because health care is very expensive here if you don't have a health card.

for 2 I would do if I was in your place, I apply for a visitor visa first and land here and apply for open work permit(If you put your pay slip in your application, that's good). Once you landed here you can drive to US border and apply for work permit(so called flagpole), you will get work permit that day itself.
Dear Vikas,

Can you please post your timeline and Visa Office?

Thank you,

eva88

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
Med's Request
24-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
Hello Sanjay,

I have not yet applied for Visa. I will apply immediately after wedding.My Fiance`e is working on a Open work permit right now.

can you please give me all the specific points that i need to take care before applying ?

n do i need to resign from the IT company i am working with as my wedding is in April. and till then i will serve the notice period so that when visa comes, i can accompany my husband asap. Please tell me is my resignation will effect my visa application in any other way ? My Fiance is