Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
craving_soul said:
Hi,
i am looking for some help.

recently got married and my spouse is in india.
i am on WP in canada(skilled worker class).

what visa do i need to apply for her? is it TRV?

do we face any problem in getting TRV? i see many rejection in that.

which one is safe TRV or WP for my spouse?
any documents from my company required?

guys help me saving lawyer fee :( its too high
I better suggest you go for a OWP as TRV and OWP are not much different.Since you said that your husband is a skilled worker you can apply for OWP

No Company documents required. include documents that proves your ties such as wedding photographs, Video, phone call logs etc, which can make your file stronger.

OMNI

Jan 30, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivmehta said:
pls provide me your mail address.I want to contact you.
My wife is in canada on post graduate work permit (open work permit).twice my visitor visa has been rejected.

I want to apply for open work permit from india.can you pls help me?

Please Revert.

Urgent.

Thank you.

Hi,

Got a question for you.

Since you said your wife has a PGWP, Is she currently employed? If employed, what sort of job she is doing?

Thank you.

vivmehta

Jan 8, 2013
OMNI said:
Hi,

Got a question for you.

Since you said your wife has a PGWP, Is she currently employed? If employed, what sort of job she is doing?

Thank you.
yes she is working since october 2012.under NOC Category and her skill level is B.her post is administrative assistant

vivmehta

Jan 8, 2013
Yamini said:
I GOT MY OPEN WORK PERMIT VISA IN 17 DAYS(IN JULY 2012) AND I HAVE BEEN STAYING IN VANCOUVER FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS. IF ANYONE WHO IS APPLYING HAVE PROBLEMS OR ISSUES KINDLY LET ME KNOW. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO REPLY.
hello yamini pls provide me your mail address i would like to consult you.i also want to apply for open work permit from india as my visitor visa has been twice rejected.and my spouse is currently working in canada.

any help will be much appreciated.

please help.

thank you.

DIVYA G

Jan 26, 2013
Yamini said:
I GOT MY OPEN WORK PERMIT VISA IN 17 DAYS(IN JULY 2012) AND I HAVE BEEN STAYING IN VANCOUVER FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS. IF ANYONE WHO IS APPLYING HAVE PROBLEMS OR ISSUES KINDLY LET ME KNOW. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO REPLY.

hi yamini.. i hav applied for oassport got dispatched.... when did u done ur medicals??????? please reply me asap :(

sqazi

Dec 18, 2012
Yamini said:
hi yamini .....nice to see such a kind words plz pl plz help me my husband trv has been refused one time due to purpose of visit and length of stay...we mentioned 2 yrs stay length as of my study permit....now we applied again forr 2 mnths trv with single entry now this time dnt know what are the possibilities but aafter getting trv we want to apply for owp spousal let me no what are the documents and ties wch make the case stronger i am on student visa of cnada but still in uae my classes will start from.may so i am waiting for my husband 2 mnths trv approval so that he can go with me to settle me down can u help.me can u give ur email or contact no so that my husbamd will contact u plzzz

koolchamp81

Feb 13, 2013
Hi ,
I have received Canadian work permit under International experience Canada category and my query is that if my spouse can get an open work permit or not ? if so, how should it be done... if no, what other options can we explore as she holds an Indian passport and is not eligible under IEC...
I hold an Australian passport and yet to activate my International experience Canada Visa... I would like to take her along...should we first apply for TRV on Indian passport.. what are the chances of getting Temporary Resident visa?
one more thing... is invitation letter is mandatory to get TRV , can't i just write a letter to the embassy that I have work permit and will be visiting canada to activate the same and please issue TRV for my wife ??
Please advice me..
Thanks

rabianoor

Jan 22, 2013
hello .... my husband is in Alberta and is on a work permit since march 2012. he suggested me to apply for a open work permit and i submitted my open work permit apllication through vfs on 13th December 2012. I had kept the below documents along with the application

* My educational certificates (MBA)
* Bank statements ( balance of 6.5 lakhs)
* My husbands bank statemnets
* His employment proof
* His work permit
* My employment letters and salary slips
* Marriage certificate

But unfortunately my visa got rejected because the visa officer felt that i would not return to India after my intented stay in Canada based on the following factors :

Current Employment Situation
Personal Assets and Financial Status

Please help me as to how can i proceed further ... can i reapply for the open work permit showing them some assets of my father ?
And what do they actually mean by saying not satisfied with current employment situation?

Can anybody explain it to me plz

Please send me a reply ASAP please

OMNI

Jan 30, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rabianoor said:
hello .... my husband is in Alberta and is on a work permit since march 2012. he suggested me to apply for a open work permit and i submitted my open work permit apllication through vfs on 13th December 2012. I had kept the below documents along with the application

* My educational certificates (MBA)
* Bank statements ( balance of 6.5 lakhs)
* My husbands bank statemnets
* His employment proof
* His work permit
* My employment letters and salary slips
* Marriage certificate

But unfortunately my visa got rejected because the visa officer felt that i would not return to India after my intented stay in Canada based on the following factors :

Current Employment Situation
Personal Assets and Financial Status

Please help me as to how can i proceed further ... can i reapply for the open work permit showing them some assets of my father ?
And what do they actually mean by saying not satisfied with current employment situation?

Can anybody explain it to me plz

Please send me a reply ASAP please
Hi,

It always better to include your marriage photographs as well and better to apply TRV instead of OWP Also an Affidavit or Invitation letter fro m your husband stating that he will take care of ur expenses and he is responsible to leave the country after the authorized stay.

Please let me know where did you applied your visa (Chandigarh or Delhi) and what kind of Job ur Husband is doing?

neetu1

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2013
Doc's Request.
1 sept 2013-asked for PCC from canada
AOR Received.
june 2013
File Transfer...
RPRF request made on 29 october 2013
Med's Request
04/07/2013
Med's Done....
08/07/2013
Interview........
in process oct 23 2013 DM 25 nov 2013
Passport Req..
25 nov 2013 Passport sent 26 nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 nov 2013; ppt recieved 13 december 2013
LANDED..........
15 dec 2013
I recieved Open work permit under my husbands PGWP ................I just want to ask anyone who already hold that kind of a work permit....it says:
employer: ........................(blank nothing written over here)

My qestion is why its written N/A isn't it should be "OPEN EA." like my husbands work permit has on his.

Anyone who has answer to this question please do reply.

jieu2969

Apr 2, 2013
schumacer said:
Hi Guys,

new to this forum...can someone please help me

My Profile
Work Ex - 4 years in IT
GMAT 710
Admission - Admitted to Schulich School of Business for Jan 2013 intake

I will be applying for student visa soon..

questions regarding my visa

1) as per new rules on VFS website, I must show receipt of 1st year fees + $10000 through GIC or in bank account -> This statement is under the documents labelled "STRONGLY RECOMMENDED" . Now hypothetically if I pay college fees and end up getting visa rejected then I wont get any refund, so can't I just show my bank balance = 1st year fee + $10000?

2) Do we need to personally hand over the file at VFS or through courier? Which one is recommended?

3) my study permit is enough and I don't need to apply for TRV right?

I got married in March 2012...My wife is already an MBA with 2 years work ex..
I want to take her with on an OWP

1) Which option is better , we both apply together or first I get my student visa , and after that she applies for OWP

2) does she need to apply separately for TRV or is it covered in the OWP itself?

I am from Pune, India
Dear schumacer,

I am exactly in the same situation. Could you please tell me that did you find answer to your questions ?
I will be really grateful if you can share your experience.

Regards,

sparvez

Mar 11, 2013
Hi all. Hope that you are doing well.

I have one small query regarding Spouse open work permit application submission through online way.

My wife has also got the visitor visa and she is coming with me to Canada .After arriving there, i am planning to apply open work permit for my
wife.For this purpose, what is the list of documents we have to upload for the open work permit application submission

From Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) official page, i came to know that the following 4 docs is mandatory

1.IMM 5710 application
2.Spouse r passport
3.Merriage certificate
4.Spouse r digital pic

But my concern is, from some other sites and sources i came to know that with the above four docs, we have to submit my study permit paper, letter from university and also financial bank statements which will show we have 10000+ 4000 CAD. But these papers has already been shown by us while we have applied for the visitor visa application.

It will be helpful for me if you help me with any concrete information regarding the above issue as it will help me to take preparayion in advance.

Thanks and Regards
Parvez

jieu2969

Apr 2, 2013
Dear All,

I will be applying for Study permit. I am also planning to apply for my spouse's OWP.
After talking to one of the consultant, it seems that if I apply for my study permit and spouse's OWP together chances are both the application may get rejected. The consultant claim to have seen such cases which are rejected . I am from India, bangalore.

The consultant told me to apply for the study permit first and than we can apply for my spouse's OWP. If I go by this advise, what are the chances that my spouse's will get the OWP. Pls note that we are planning to apply, when both me and my wife will be in India.

Pls share your experiences. I am totally new to this Visa process, and any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

jieu2969

Apr 2, 2013
Yamini said:
Hi Yamini, I am applying for my Study permit and assume that it will go through fine. After that i want to apply for my wife OWP. Could you please share your experience in applying OWP.
While applying for OWP for my wife, do we need to check for the skilled labourer eligibility ? (Please note that its a OPEN work permit my spouse will be eligible for as I will be on study permit )

Your time and effort is appreciated.

Regards,

nefiriouse

May 9, 2013
My wife is facing the exact similar situation. Please refer to the Foreign Worker Manual. If your Husband/Wife is a on a work permit, she is eligible for a OWP, if she your husband/wife is a Provincial Nominee, the wife is entitled for a Work Permit. But the main problem is the TRV. The visa officer is not issuing a TRV and hence the work permit is being refused.
I am going to dig in some information about this soon. Because I feel discriminated as some of my friends got their wives here on an OWP and they were on the same work permit as me. But unfortunately my wife's OWP was refused. I even had a letter from my Provincial Nominee officer requesting to grant my wife TRV and a OWP so that she can integrate into the Province, yet the visa was refused.

If anyone knows how this situation could be handled please reply or send me a message.

Reactions: sehgalnitish1988