+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

vkas

Feb 27, 2012
@ssenjaliya I've been here since 2010. But recently I applied for a renewal(wp) it took almost 75 days to be getting processed. Thanks

craving_soul

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2012
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Hi,
i am looking for some help.

recently got married and my spouse is in india.
i am on WP in canada(skilled worker class).

what visa do i need to apply for her? is it TRV?

do we face any problem in getting TRV? i see many rejection in that.

which one is safe TRV or WP for my spouse?
any documents from my company required?

guys help me saving lawyer fee :( its too high

Bob04

Jan 3, 2013
Hi , I'm new to this forum and I am from India . Want you to guide me in getting a OWP . My wife is a doing a post graduation in Toronto for 2 yrs and she is been there since a week now. So can u plz tell me the procedure for applying OWP and what all documents required. Request you to look into his and advise me the best

vivmehta

Jan 8, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

I undersigned Vivek M. Mehta has twice applied for TRV in canada (In april 2011 & December 2011) as my spouse is in canada and got rejection both times.Currently my spouse is having post graduate work permit which is valid till december 2015.So can i apply for open work permit from India?

and if yes do i require a job offer from a Canadian employer?as i seen the document checklist they also mention that you require to submit the job offer from the Canadian employer.

Please Revert.

Regards,
Vivek Mehta

pmpm

Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2013; 25-11-2013 medicals received
Passport Req..
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-07-2014
Hello All

Thanks in advance for reading my message.
I am from India working in Canada (on an Open work Permit), my husband works in USA and wants to apply for Canada open work permit.

Could you please suggest some info on:
1. Can I apply on behalf of him within Canada (but he being outside Canada, in USA)
2. if he applies from USA (to new york office), is he supposed to send original I-94 and I-797 along with passport (or photocopies of I94 or I797 would work), since we are very much concerned about sending the original documents.

Also how long is it taking to get OWP from New york office? Thanks a ton ...

Bob04

Jan 3, 2013
Hi ,
Can someone suggest me what all documents are required to apply for OPW as my wife is on a study permit (PG Diploma) 2 yrs. Its been 2 weeks she is gone to Canada. And how many days will it take if I apply from India . Some one please advise in detail

Sep 4, 2012
Yamini said:
I GOT MY OPEN WORK PERMIT VISA IN 17 DAYS(IN JULY 2012) AND I HAVE BEEN STAYING IN VANCOUVER FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS. IF ANYONE WHO IS APPLYING HAVE PROBLEMS OR ISSUES KINDLY LET ME KNOW. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO REPLY.
Hi Yamini,

Can you please let me know what all documents you submitted for your OWP. I am planning to bring my wife in a month.
Please send me details. Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Parthi

vivmehta

Jan 8, 2013
Dear Sir,

I have twice applied for TRV for canada and got rejected.
Currently my spouse is in canada on post graduate work permit (a type of open work permit)which is valid till december-2015.

So am i eligible to apply for open work permit from india?
and if yes do i require a job offer from a canadian employer or LMO?

please revert.

Thank you.

Queency

Jan 20, 2013
Hi priyum.... can you please guide me ...... i am a nurse in india having a job offer in canada with a labour market opinion,and will be applying for a workpermit made outside canada. now i want my husband also to accompany me to canada. so can you please tell me .........does my husband apply for a open work permit directl along with me or he applies for a temporary resident or visitors visa, when i apply for a work visa at new delhi? am very confussed... and 2. how much of funds wil i and my husband NEED to show individually? if not priyum..... can some one who has gone on work permit along with spouse please please advice.....

Queency

Jan 20, 2013
Hi Yamini,

Can you please let me know if i can apply for an OWP for my spouse along with my application for work permit? i am a nurse and my spouse is eligible for owp.
Please send me detals. Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

ssenjaliya

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eva88 said:
Hello Sanjay,

I have not yet applied for Visa. I will apply immediately after wedding.My Fiance`e is working on a Open work permit right now.

can you please give me all the specific points that i need to take care before applying ?

n do i need to resign from the IT company i am working with as my wedding is in April. and till then i will serve the notice period so that when visa comes, i can accompany my husband asap. Please tell me is my resignation will effect my visa application in any other way ? My Fiance is
Hello Eva,

As per my opinion you should not resign from your job. and if you are waiting for your marriage, you should register your marriage as soon as your fiance com to India.

Rest all documents make ready so u can apply ASAP.

The problem i found in my case is that I was not prepared in advance. when my LMO came positive, I have started collecting my docs. Now its more than one month passed since I got my LMO but could not apply for VISA.

So you take care in advance.

In which province r u going to?

Thanks,

Sanjay

rabianoor

Jan 22, 2013
Open work permit rejected

hi yamini .... my husband is in Alberta and is on a work permit since march 2012. he suggested me to apply for a open work permit and i submitted my open work permit apllication through vfs on 13th December 2012. I had kept the below documents along with the application

* My educational certificates (MBA)
* Bank statements ( balance of 6.5 lakhs)
* My husbands bank statemnets
* His employment proof
* His work permit
* My employment letters and salary slips
* Marriage certificate

But unfortunately my visa got rejected because the visa officer felt that i would not return to India after my intented stay in Canada based on the following factors :

Current Employment Situation
Personal Assets and Financial Status

Please help me as to how can i proceed further ... can i reapply for the open work permit showing them some assets of my father ?
And what do they actually mean by saying not satisfied with current employment situation?

Please send me a reply ASAP please

Samaira8587

Jan 21, 2013
Could you please guide me how much funds are required to be shown in the bank statement.I am from India and my Fiance has recently received his work permit.His job his new and I am scared that the when I'll apply for open work permit after our wedding the visa might get rejected on the basis of insufficient funds funds.Could you please guide me what is the minimum amount to be shown in both of our bank statement?

vivmehta

Jan 8, 2013
pls provide me your mail address.I want to contact you.
My wife is in canada on post graduate work permit (open work permit).twice my visitor visa has been rejected.

I want to apply for open work permit from india.can you pls help me?

Please Revert.

Urgent.

Thank you.

[/quote]