+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi All,

I applied for SOWP For myself and my daughter sept 3 2021, yesterday my daughter got PPR but I am still waiting, has anyone else experienced this?
There have been some cases where one applicant gets the PPR first. This has been a recent trend. Try raising a webform and wait this out. Good Luck

Milo12345

Jun 20, 2022
Hi everyone,

I live in Canada and have a valid work permit untill the end of June. We applied for SOWP for my wife since I got 3 pay stubs but her application was rejected for several reasons: They are not satisfaed that she will leave Canada at the end of her stay; She has significant family ties inside Canada, but not outside of it, etc.

I have not seen my wife and my daughter for over a year.

If anyone has had the same problem before, could you please provide some advice?
Thanks.

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hello guys,
Does anyone advise if SOWP with kids' study permits is in the process from outside Canada, Can we apply for PNP pr?
Will it make any dual intent disadvantages for both files?
Please guide me.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello guys,
Does anyone advise if SOWP with kids' study permits is in the process from outside Canada, Can we apply for PNP pr?
Will it make any dual intent disadvantages for both files?
Please guide me.
If eligible for PNP then you can apply. Two different programs.

Sardar_Ali

Mar 24, 2021
Hello All,
My wife has recently completed her medical studies in India. She has not taken up a job yet. I'm on a PGWP and applying for her SOWP. Need help in writing SOP. What could be some strong points I could mention? What reason can I specify for her return back to India? Please advice.

Eche naija

Oct 27, 2020
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Lagos
Hello all,
I applied for visitor's visa for my daughter on May 10th, 2022, from Nigeria.
I got my work permit approved in July 2022. Her visa is not yet approved.

I am considering applying for a study visa for her now, do I need to cancel the visitor's visa application before submitting the study permit?
If yes, is it wise to cancel the visitor's visa or wait it out.

Lynguyen25

Oct 11, 2022
Hello,
My husband applied for SP (non-sds) and I for SOWP at the same time, our bio was in May 25, 2022. However, until now, only my husband got his visa (in Aug) and already went to Canada for the fall-intake and I am still waiting.
Do you guys have any information about the timeline of other similar cases?
Thank you so much!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
My husband applied for SP (non-sds) and I for SOWP at the same time, our bio was in May 25, 2022. However, until now, only my husband got his visa (in Aug) and already went to Canada for the fall-intake and I am still waiting.
Do you guys have any information about the timeline of other similar cases?
Thank you so much!!
Applications do not have to processed together. Where are you from? How long is your spouse’s program?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied from India

Application submitted 22 September 2022
Upfront Medical updated 27 September 2022
Eligibility review 24 October 2022
So processing is 16 weeks so if you haven’t gotten a response by end of January, raise a webform. When does your spouse’s permit expire (student or work). Assume you have been married many years.

Last edited: