+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

rajns

Star Member
Jan 28, 2022
So processing is 16 weeks so if you haven’t gotten a response by end of January, raise a webform. When does your spouse’s permit expire (student or work). Assume you have been married many years.
Got biometric done earlier?

ziakhan89

Aug 25, 2022
Hi , Submitted my application on 25th aug2021 for Spousal Open Work Permit visa , husband is on Study permit visa.
Biometrics -29th sept 2021
Only update post this is on 10th feb 2022 "You have passed your medicals"
Can anyone guide/ share information on how long do they take post this update, to generate Passport request letter (PPR)? There's no relevant update and situation is a quite frustrating. Is anyone there in a similar situation , please connect.
Thanks
Hi, what documents have you attached with your application? can you tell here the checklist?

drpaul

Sep 2, 2018
Hi, what documents have you attached with your application? can you tell here the checklist?
I did it through Y axis and submitted all possible documents, you have to write a convincing letter too. They took the money but at least I got a quick service though I did thorough follow-up every week till submission. After that relax, it will come. I am here for the last 6 months;-)

Neetu Dhillon

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
Category........
STUDY
Hey folks
I applied for sowp for my husband on 29th august
That time i was on study permit and i finished my study in August. My study permit was going to end on 30 nov and i applied pgwp on 3 nov but before ending my study permit my pgwp got approved in 20 days . So, now my visa is until 2025
I submitted my pgwp approval letter to spouse application. I submitted my Job letter too but didn't submit any payslip as joined recently on 31st oct. I'm working as Office Administrator.

But main concern is that
I got an request letter on 29 oct, they asking for relationship proof as they thought that our marriege is not genuine. They give us 14 days to provide relationship proof.
As we got married in proper lockdown time
Everything was closed due to lot of restrictions.
But whatever we have our relationship proof send them again on 8th Nov
After that , we didn’t get any update
My question is
How much time it can take for result after respond to their requests ?

Pls advice
Its will be appreciated

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey folks
I applied for sowp for my husband on 29th august
That time i was on study permit and i finished my study in August. My study permit was going to end on 30 nov and i applied pgwp on 3 nov but before ending my study permit my pgwp got approved in 20 days . So, now my visa is until 2025
I submitted my pgwp approval letter to spouse application. I submitted my Job letter too but didn't submit any payslip as joined recently on 31st oct. I'm working as Office Administrator.

But main concern is that
I got an request letter on 29 oct, they asking for relationship proof as they thought that our marriege is not genuine. They give us 14 days to provide relationship proof.
As we got married in proper lockdown time
Everything was closed due to lot of restrictions.
But whatever we have our relationship proof send them again on 8th Nov
After that , we didn’t get any update
My question is
How much time it can take for result after respond to their requests ?

Pls advice
Its will be appreciated
Don’t post same question over and over, please.

Deepakdeep85

Jun 12, 2022
I have moved to Canada in Sept 2022 on closed WP with my wife. She is here on a visitor visa. We have applied her open work permit on Oct 12th. Can anyone tell me when can we expect the visa review process to be started ? Thank you.

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
I have moved to Canada in Sept 2022 on closed WP with my wife. She is here on a visitor visa. We have applied her open work permit on Oct 12th. Can anyone tell me when can we expect the visa review process to be started ? Thank you.
I hate to say this but according to our timeline it took over 5 months to about 6 months. I hope yours is done soon after the holidays.

pj35

Dec 29, 2022
Hello folks,
I have applied SOWP on 18th November, 2022 without Medical. Biometric is updated. But didn't hear back for Medical Request from ircc. Can I do Medical now without Medical Request and submit it via webform. Will this cause any issues?

Thank you