+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hello Guys
Please can anyone advise on the below thing
My spouse is in Canada as a PGWP and working in NOC -B job, I applied visitor visa for myself with 2 kids from 12th May 2022.
But until now did not receive any result.
Kindly advise shall I apply SOWP + study permit for my kids again. I see SOWP results are in 3 to 4 months.

Userqw

Jun 20, 2022
My spouse is on PGWP. We applied for a visitor visa in April (from India) for which we have about received any decision yet. Eligibility review started on July 22nd. But nothing after that. Will it be a good idea to apply SOWP?
we do not know for how long should we wait for visitor visa decision.
And how much time is it taking for SOWP?

hp19

Jun 25, 2020
My husband applied for both his pgwp and my sowp extension same time. We were not aware that it needs NOC O, B job. Now we are being asked to show proof which we can’t give. My question is if they reject my sowp extension, can I still work till my current sowp expiry date, which is Feb next year?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My spouse is on PGWP. We applied for a visitor visa in April (from India) for which we have about received any decision yet. Eligibility review started on July 22nd. But nothing after that. Will it be a good idea to apply SOWP?
Processing for a TRV is around 5 months. Are you eligible for SOWP?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Visitor visa is taking 5/6 months on an average right now unless you are very luck

As for SOWP, your spouse has to have NOC 0 A B and 3 payslips...

SOWP from India is avg 40 weeks but many people are getting it in 3/4 months too

Good Luck

RishiRShah

Jul 23, 2022
Hello members,

On my wife's SOWP application, We recently received her medical request. She currently lives in India. However, on her medical request, the address printed is my Canadian address.

I am not whether it will cause any discrepancy while going through medical or not?

Appreciate your response.

Thank you

aster0id

Apr 22, 2022
My common law partner has received her study permit. I plan on going after her through ICT GSS closed work permit. Will it be possible for me to convert my closed work permit to open (SOWP) after reaching there?

parthvzala

Aug 27, 2022
There is no fund requirement if you have job in NOC O, A or B . I got SOWP for my wife showing $5000, I do not think that’s gonna be point of eligibility. Can you please update what documents you used for applying SOWP ?
Hi Aneep, can you please explain how you applied? Your self or with agent? how much fund you showed in your wife's account back home? Any other property valuation or assets?
thanks

parthvzala

Aug 27, 2022
Hi,

I am in Canada working from Jan 2020 in NOC A job full time. My husband is currently working in a IT job in India and he had applied for SOWP along with my one month's paystub and bank balance in Canada reflecting 7000 CAD. But the SOWP application has been rejected saying the Visa officer is not satisfied with the funds shown. Can you please help me with how much funds should be shown by me in Canada and should my husband also show proof of funds in his India account? If yes, how much? Kindly help me as we are not able to get this information properly and we have to re apply.
Hi Usha,

I'm in similar situation. Can you please explain what proof of funds worked for you at last? thank you

kkaran01

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Hello
Can Anyone please help answer my question
I applied for my spousal PR application outside he got his Aor, medical passed and biometrics passed but file is still in process, while PR file is in process he got visitor visa and now he is in Canada on visitor visa and we update cic through webform for his canadian address that he is inland. So, my question is upto the time file PR application under process can we apply for spousal open workpermit inland ?
help !!!!!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Hello
Can Anyone please help answer my question
I applied for my spousal PR application outside he got his Aor, medical passed and biometrics passed but file is still in process, while PR file is in process he got visitor visa and now he is in Canada on visitor visa and we update cic through webform for his canadian address that he is inland. So, my question is upto the time file PR application under process can we apply for spousal open workpermit inland ?
help !!!!!!
1. No, as his application is being processed as outside Canada.

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Hey there. So, I'm about to apply for my spouse and kids. I'm a PGWP holder. I have NOC B Full time job and a NOC C part time job. I have more than 6 months of pay slips for both the job. My friends managed to lend me some funds and my Canadian bank account balance is close to $18,000.

1)Is it ok if I show the statement of my bank which would reveal the funds being loaned? I tried asking my bank CIBC to give me a balance certificate but they wouldn't comply.
2)I logged in to NETBANKING and saved as PDF which shows my current balance with the login details and my name appearing. Should that be fine?

3)Also, me and my wife don't own any property but my wife's mother is willing to sponsor her for the duration of the stay and also showed CAD $325,708.40 property value. Would this strengthen my spouse and kids application?

If 1 and 2 doesn't work I might open an account in Scotia bank as they are willing to provide balance certificate with Bank Seal. The only problem is my friends who loaned the amount should wait a bit longer.

kartik20012021

Sep 13, 2020
Hi All,

I applied for SOWP For myself and my daughter sept 3 2021, yesterday my daughter got PPR but I am still waiting, has anyone else experienced this?