+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Manikrithi17

Jun 4, 2021
Hi All,

Can anyone please confirm if this is the forum to discuss about the SOWP being processed from India?

I'm an Indian and working in Canada currently, My wife & Daughter are in Chennai.

SOWP and study permit request was raised in march-2021, and there has been no update after that.

Thanks,
Mani

Reactions: Agni Sharma

Agni Sharma

Star Member
May 19, 2021
I think they won't start processing until flights get opened again.
Hopefully, everything will open soon.

If India's situation keep improving and as many Canadians get vaccinated everything will be normal.

Reactions: Manikrithi17

chrome123

Apr 15, 2021
Hello All,

Can anyone please advise on below query.

I have to submit my ICT work application along with spousal open work permit.

I, primary applicant, have completed my medical test. However, it is still pending for spouse due to corona situation in India for past few months and medical centers were not conducting tests..

I was thinking to submit LOE for the same but now medical centers have reopened and there is waiting time of 1 month to get the appointment..

In this case, please advise if medical test for spouse is mandatory during application submission or it can be provided at later stage.

Agni Sharma

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Hello All,

Can anyone please advise on below query.

I have to submit my ICT work application along with spousal open work permit.

I, primary applicant, have completed my medical test. However, it is still pending for spouse due to corona situation in India for past few months and medical centers were not conducting tests..

I was thinking to submit LOE for the same but now medical centers have reopened and there is waiting time of 1 month to get the appointment..

In this case, please advise if medical test for spouse is mandatory during application submission or it can be provided at later stage.
if you can wait then you should wait. It is hard to get spouse open work permit if principal applicant already have one.
it would be better if applied altogether. Especially if applying from India.

Jotprince

Feb 13, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
6 July 2021
AOR Received.
6 July 2021
Med's Done....
18 August 2021
I have valid SOWP with letter of introduction/correspondence letter. Can I travel to Canada via indirect route or I have to get travel authorization letter for travel? Please tell me if anyone has travel via indirect route with correspondence letter.

Reactions: Agni Sharma

Agni Sharma

Star Member
May 19, 2021
I have valid SOWP with letter of introduction/correspondence letter. Can I travel to Canada via indirect route or I have to get travel authorization letter for travel? Please tell me if anyone has travel via indirect route with correspondence letter.
They say that you can travel to Canada if you have valid work permit through third country only.
You can cross check with airport authorities or airlines they know better about passengers who already travelled or travelling.

Another option is go on YouTube people might make vlogs sometime. you will find vlogs of people travelling from India to Canada. This might help.

Agni Sharma

Star Member
May 19, 2021
When did your SOWP application approved ?

Ary099

Oct 23, 2020
You can travel via indirect route; however, you should have travel authorization letter to enter Canada.