+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Jul 7, 2021
Hi all
My wife currenty studying in canada and i want to apply for SOWP , can anyone tell me it is benificial to put file from canada or not ?
some guys are saying that files from canada process earlier then the india is it true?

pyramid7799

Star Member
May 23, 2021
Reactions: Kaushalpatel93

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Hi,

I'd appreciate some advice regarding the SOWP refusal.

My spouse applied for her BOWP recently and also applied for my SOWP along with her application. However, the SOWP has been refused on the following grounds: "your spouse's work permit must be valid for at least 6 months."

The BOWP is still in process. We were under the impression that her BOWP would be processed first and then the SOWP, since they allowed us to apply for both of these together, and the SOWP validity would depend on the BOWP. Was it a mistake or should we raise this issue with IRCC? I understand that a 6-month validity is required but then why do they allow the spouse to apply for a SOWP with the BOWP application?

Thank you!
Hi Abhishek,

Did you get any clear answer from anyone or IRCC regarding this issue?

Thanks.

Agni Sharma

Star Member
May 19, 2021
Hi all
My wife currenty studying in canada and i want to apply for SOWP , can anyone tell me it is benificial to put file from canada or not ?
some guys are saying that files from canada process earlier then the india is it true?
it will still get processed in India. Yes you can choose to apply online as it results faster.
Try to gather as many proofs as for your relationship until you apply.

Reactions: Kaushalpatel93

Daria13

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2023
Been waiting for SOWP for my spouse for over a year, VO in Mexico. Want to go back to Canada together, so desperately waiting for a decision