+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Hi
my Husband is in hyderabad ,India .DO you know the list of hospitals for doing the medicals at hyderbad.the link in cic does not show up anything.

smartindian

Star Member
May 27, 2016
Dear Friends,

I am applying SOWP-Spouse Open Work Permit online in Canada.

Please correct me if I am wrong:

(1) if applying in Canada----Indian Applicant must submit PCC-Police Clearance Certificate

(2) if applying in India----Indian Applicant do not need to submit PCC-Police Clearance Certificate

Does anyone know about it ?

jas1988

Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we put enquiry regarding this . and we got dis answer dat it is in proccessing in chandigarh .but we cannot say anything about the time it will take .:-(

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Did anyone get any updates who applied through vfs India. Please let me know. I applied on 18th march. No updates yet.

Thanks.

vishnuvishal

May 12, 2016
Hi guys,

I applied on march 22nd, 2016 and got a rejection on May 9th 2016.. The reason they mentioned was lack of authenticity of documents. What normally causes this rejection when they mention lack of authenticity? Also, we sent them an email asking what documents actually concern them but they did not respond to the query.. WE sent them an email on 9th of May, 2016 to this emil ID delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. We haven't got any response yet... Am not sure if this is the correct one.. Can you guys please help me with this ?

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smartindian said:
Dear Friends,

(1) if applying in Canada----Indian Applicant must submit PCC-Police Clearance Certificate

(2) if applying in India----Indian Applicant do not need to submit PCC-Police Clearance Certificate

Have you created your CIC account and filled up the questionnaire? Once you do these steps, the website will indicate all the documents you need to submit. If it asks for PCC, submit PCC.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
fkl said:
Hi Thang,

I see - your email was quite misleading. Why would you worry about one way tickets unless you are planning on getting your son here after getting SP?

Any way the secure document is simply via courier at your indicated address. CIC mails the work permits in such scenarios.

Now usually they do not ask for medicals for people already here for work or study permits.

Moreover, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me for them asking for medicals while they have already approved the application.

Were there any details asked regarding how to submit those medicals? But normally speaking if they have asked for it, you should provide it.

Lastly, in the above scenario buying one or two way ticket means nothing. Since you are already in Canada probably no body (air line) would even worry about the return ticket part. It might come up when you are on the way back for boarding. But the same applies even if you had purchased a return ticket.

The standard return ticket issue is different from above. That is for a normal visitor who is coming to Canada. Since he is a visitor most airlines ask for them to purchase return ticket for entering Canada and returning on a pre planned fixed date. That does not match with what you wrote above.

Besides, the most important thing is - Even if your son receives the actual study permit by post, the study permit does not allow him to enter Canada (except may be from US). It has to be a TRV - a sticker on passport that has to be applied for separately when you are already in Canada (unless of course you already have a valid TRV). Please note again - a study permit does not allow you to enter Canada, you need a valid TRV for that.

Once you have a valid SP, trv only takes a couple weeks from inside Canada
Hi FLK,

Thank you very much for your reply. one way ticket will be not issued if my son already had valid SP. My son coming here with a valid TRV ( visitor visa expired until end of 2019), we bought ticket arrived Canada in Jan'16 and return date to my home country in Jun'16, so when he go back Canada in Aug'16 I think I only need bought one way ticket for my son if he already have a valid SP. I will wait and check what CIC will send secured document to us.

Best regards, Thang

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
frustratedcanadian said:
Thank you! You've been very patient in answering all these questions..
You are most welcome. Glad I could be of help

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
smartindian said:
Dear Friends,

Answered on the other thread where you posted the same question. For other people's info, PCC is a general requirement - every where - in Canada or other countries.

However, some body told me yesterday that its not required when applying from inside India.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Sonata95 said:
Hi FLK,

Thank you very much for your reply. one way ticket will be not issued if my son already had valid SP. My son coming here with a valid TRV ( visitor visa expired until end of 2019), we bought ticket arrived Canada in Jan'16 and return date to my home country in Jun'16, so when he go back Canada in Aug'16 I think I only need bought one way ticket for my son if he already have a valid SP. I will wait and check what CIC will send secured document to us.

Best regards, Thang
You are most welcome. A little bit hard to follow. But if I understood correctly, your son came to Canada with a return ticket in Jan 16, because he had a visitor visa only. Now he is going back in June and you are worried whether you would need to buy ANOTHER return ticket when he comes again to Canada. So yes, if he has a study permit approved by then, he can certainly purchase a one way ticket.

Also a purchased ticket is not the end of the world. Usually you can cancel it too against a fee (could be small if cancellation is done well in advance). So either way, it shouldn't be a big deal. You are okay as long as you do not violate your intended duration of stay in Canada.

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lakshmikoppala said:
Hi
my Husband is in hyderabad ,India .DO you know the list of hospitals for doing the medicals at hyderbad.the link in cic does not show up anything.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

MUPAX

May 3, 2016
fkl said:
Answered on the other thread where you posted the same question. For other people's info, PCC is a general requirement - every where - in Canada or other countries.

However, some body told me yesterday that its not required when applying from inside India.
Just an update to it:
The online questionnaire explicitly asks for it while the paper forms dont mention it for India (Explicitly I mean). By this logic, I deduced that it will only be beneficial to add to the application even if its paper based and thus, submitted it.
I am suggesting folks to submit the same because it would underline a genuine case and add more weight.

HER

May 5, 2016
guru1313 said:
Where is ur application ?
[/quote
Hello guys do you know anyone from chandigarh got his/her work permi, looks like chandigarh officer is bullshit person

guru1313

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
09/01/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P45oeMrak_df-OdXqjrtIq3Qv1GQe61Xi043EIk3MtY/edit#gid=0

rikin_patel11

Apr 20, 2016
Hi Friends

I applied for SOWP (Paper Application) on February 2016 to Bangalore Visa Office, In May i got letter from CIC saying that

"We have concern regarding your Truthfulness to Background Question" on IMM 1295 form, Please response to this details within 30 days otherwise your application will be refused"

Actually I made mistake on filling background information, so i again send correct IMM 1295 form and explanation letter of That concern and an Affidavit letter before given time-frame.

30 days time-frame already over on May 27 and 1 more week is completed today.

But No update on my Application yet.

Anybody knows how long they take to review my documents sent again to this concern ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you