+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

ssuresh1985

Jul 5, 2015
Hi,

I am in the same boat as you.. I am waiting for a notification from CIC that they received my medicals..Did they notify you about your medicals after they received it or they only told about your medicals ?

subhk

Apr 20, 2016
ssuresh1985 said:
Hi,

I am in the same boat as you.. I am waiting for a notification from CIC that they received my medicals..Did they notify you about your medicals after they received it or they only told about your medicals ?

Yes, They notified me when they received my medicals....after that no update...

subhk

Apr 20, 2016
Hello All,

I received passport request. I am feb 5th online applicant.

Which VFS process will be faster for me to get passport stamped?

Thanks,
Subhk

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Hi I have applied for my husband sop online on march 19 th .There is no update still.What is the time frame for the online application.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
lakshmikoppala said:
Hi I have applied for my husband sop online on march 19 th .There is no update still.What is the time frame for the online application.
Nowadays it takes anywhere up to 3 months or more for online applications. I believe you got medical request. If yes, then you might get passport request in the near future.

Once you submit your passport, it takes up to 2 weeks to get back the passport with visa stamp.

lakshmikoppala

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
GreenHak said:
Nowadays it takes anywhere up to 3 months or more for online applications. I believe you got medical request. If yes, then you might get passport request in the near future.

Once you submit your passport, it takes up to 2 weeks to get back the passport with visa stamp.
I am in canada and I have applied it through lawyer here.I was assuming that the online is quick and have done that. :(He didn't get any update so far .I think he will be getting update on his login portal right.Do me or my husband receive any email notification?

subhk

Apr 20, 2016
lakshmikoppala said:
I am in canada and I have applied it through lawyer here.I was assuming that the online is quick and have done that. :(He didn't get any update so far .I think he will be getting update on his login portal right.Do me or my husband receive any email notification?
lakshmiKoppala,

For some reason, SOWP paper applications are processed faster than online applications. CIC Website says 2 months is the processing time. But it usually takes longer than that. In my case it took 2 months and 2 weeks for them to send passport request(I am feb 5th online applicant). Since you have applied through lawyer, he will be receiving updates or email notifications. But you can check status by yourself by visiting the following link.
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eta/applicationQuery?lang=en&_ga=1.165476543.141049417.1447965433

Did you attach medicals upfront?

Thanks,
Subhk

jstooper

Mar 27, 2016
subhk said:
lakshmiKoppala,

For some reason, SOWP paper applications are processed faster than online applications. CIC Website says 2 months is the processing time. But it usually takes longer than that. In my case it took 2 months and 2 weeks for them to send passport request(I am feb 5th online applicant). Since you have applied through lawyer, he will be receiving updates or email notifications. But you can check status by yourself by visiting the following link.

Did you attach medicals upfront?

Thanks,
Subhk
The link you have sent is wrong. It is for eTA status and not for SOWP status. Those applications start with W.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
jstooper said:
The link you have sent is wrong. It is for eTA status and not for SOWP status. Those applications start with W.
jsTooper
The link worked fine for me as well. I am 2015 Dec applicant and The application was paper based. The moment I got the request for medical, I got my application number as well. And going to the same url I was able to track the progress. When I got passport dispatched email I went back and checked the status of my application and it was changed to approved.
So it pretty much worked for me

jstooper

Mar 27, 2016
Navprateek said:
jsTooper
The link worked fine for me as well. I am 2015 Dec applicant and The application was paper based. The moment I got the request for medical, I got my application number as well. And going to the same url I was able to track the progress. When I got passport dispatched email I went back and checked the status of my application and it was changed to approved.
So it pretty much worked for me
And it says that the application number starts with a V. I applied through a lawyer and mine starts with W. Is that ok?

HARSH131010190

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
i am in canada.and my spouse is in india can apply for my wife s SOWP from canada?
she is in india and some people tells me that you have to apply from india only and some people tells me you can apply from in canada online.

what should i do? any one have any suggestion.?