+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone,

I am going to apply online for my wife and have just finished the questionnaire and looking at all the documents CIC is asking.

I don't see a link that requires me to upload my Work Permit. I find that strange because SOWP depends on my WP, right? Have you guys had this issue or am I missing something?

I am just being asked to upload IMM1295, Proof of Medical test, Proof of Relationship and Digital photo. Have I filled the questionnaire wrong?

Truly appreciate any insights I can get

aprillee

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
ashpur88 said:
Hey everyone,

I am going to apply online for my wife and have just finished the questionnaire and looking at all the documents CIC is asking.

I don't see a link that requires me to upload my Work Permit. I find that strange because SOWP depends on my WP, right? Have you guys had this issue or am I missing something?

I am just being asked to upload IMM1295, Proof of Medical test, Proof of Relationship and Digital photo. Have I filled the questionnaire wrong?

she has to upload your work permit in the section for proof of relationship. Scan all documents, make one pdf file and attach it to your application.

Naqvee

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am in same situation, Does your questionnaire shows TRV form in additional docs?

I believe, all the related document goes under one pdf as Explanation letter.

ashpur88 said:
Hey everyone,

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
Any response to any approval since December 2015. I applied inside Canada on February 16th, so I guess my wait time is April. :) :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
My spouse applied for SOWP online, inland last Jan 5, 2016. She did her upfront medical but then even for the medical result hasn't showed yet. This is frustrating.

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I have submitted SOWP online application for my wife, who is currently working in India. I have uploaded all the documents they asked for in the online application like my Work Permit, Letter stating my NOC, my financial statements and a detailed proof of our relationship.

However, I did not upload her education certificates, her pay stubs from India and her employment letter. I read on the forum that people who did not provide these got their application rejected.

What are my options now? Can I apply again although its been just 1 week since I applied with the first application? I understand I will have to pay the fees again but will it hurt my case when they notice two different applications? Or can I call the CIC call center and ask if they can modify the current application?

Please help. Any advice will be greatly appreciated

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
ashpur88 said:
Hi everyone,

I have submitted SOWP online application for my wife, who is currently working in India. I have uploaded all the documents they asked for in the online application like my Work Permit, Letter stating my NOC, my financial statements and a detailed proof of our relationship.

However, I did not upload her education certificates, her pay stubs from India and her employment letter. I read on the forum that people who did not provide these got their application rejected.

What are my options now? Can I apply again although its been just 1 week since I applied with the first application? I understand I will have to pay the fees again but will it hurt my case when they notice two different applications? Or can I call the CIC call center and ask if they can modify the current application?

Please help. Any advice will be greatly appreciated
Hi, has your application been rejected already? Because if it is still in process, it would be better to wait for the result. You stated that this is an online application, I have read that you can e-mail them if you want to submit additional documents.

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JWZR421 said:
Hi, has your application been rejected already? Because if it is still in process, it would be better to wait for the result. You stated that this is an online application, I have read that you can e-mail them if you want to submit additional documents.
Hi there, My application hasnt been rejected yet (just been a week since I submitted it). I will find out where I can email them and send them the additional documents.

Just a quick question.. Did you apply for your SOWP with additional documents related to the spouse?

Thanks for your response. Feels good to get support from others in the forum

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
ashpur88 said:
Hi there, My application hasnt been rejected yet (just been a week since I submitted it). I will find out where I can email them and send them the additional documents.

Just a quick question.. Did you apply for your SOWP with additional documents related to the spouse?

Thanks for your response. Feels good to get support from others in the forum
My wife applied for SOWP last January but up to now, she haven't received any update yet. We personally haven't tried sending additional documents yet though we are realizing that we might need to but just opted to wait for the outcome. Try to check on this page : https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx . That's what I have read, CSE but is not really familiar about it. Hope this helps buddy.

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, any update for SOWP applications for October, November , December 2015 applicants

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
rkapoor said:
Guys, any update for SOWP applications for October, November , December 2015 applicants
I have read December applicants have received approvals already.

faizy786

Jun 12, 2015
Hello everyone I have applied for ainp last year but still waiting my wife just got a job in noc B as she has graduated from alberta we are still waiting for her work permit to come both of us are here in Alberta we got married here in Alberta in September 2014 and we have a baby who's a citizen can you tell me what's the wait time to move from PG work permit to spouse work permit as my work permit will expire this November and what documents are required do I have to do a medical test as here since 4 years and my wife since 3 years and what are the chances of approval?