+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone

My spouse has PGWP and she is not working. NO JOB OFFER IN SKILL LEVEL AND NO PAYSLIPS.
We have AOR for permanent residency.
I found the following information:
You may be eligible for an open work permit if you’ve been included on an application for permanent residence that has been found complete or has received a positive eligibility assessment. Your application must be under one of the following:

My understanding is that I would be eligible for an open work permit. Am I right? Is there anyone who had same situation?

please let me know what you think?
No you wouldn’t.

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Hi Buddy - Thanks for info - I am in the same boat.. My wife is in Pakistan and her Visa was rejected at first because we didnt show proof of relationship (applied 1 Jul and Rej 19 Aug). Now i have applied again on 6 Sept with Pics, whatsapp history, Financial transfers to her account, recent visit pics to Pak pics.

I am also NOC A.

I just wanted to know where your application went for processing ?? mine is being processed in AUH office. Was yours went there as well? I am just curious about the processing time whether it will take 12 weeks (Pak time) or 33 weeks (UAE time).. can you please tell from which city did you get the correspondence??

Thanks
Usman
AOA Brother,
Can you please update status of your wife's SOWP status.
We Applied SOWP online from Pakistan in Oct 2019 refused in Dec. Re-apply online in Jan and still waiting.

Will appreciate your reply.

usmanshk

Aug 28, 2019
AOA Brother,
Can you please update status of your wife's SOWP status.
We Applied SOWP online from Pakistan in Oct 2019 refused in Dec. Re-apply online in Jan and still waiting.

Will appreciate your reply.
Bro it took exactly the time it is prescribed in the wibsite... However if the medical is approved there are high chances to get your visa.

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
FOR THOSE WHO NEED HELP IN FILING SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT

Hi everyone,
Greetings,

I have seen so many of you guys are struggling to find correct information regarding the application of your spouse work permit (For full time international students) but not getting the correct information,
Let me help you out with that.
I am a full time international student in Canada, came here in Sep. 2016 intake. I applied for my spouse in Oct 2016 for SOWP and got her visa in 20 days only. She joined me here in early Nov. 2016. Cool
Grin
There are certain mistakes you guys are making while filling this visa, resulting in refusal of your application. I will try to cover all these mistakes and also will help you with correct process and documentation.
Common mistakes made by us are:
1. Over whelming the application by attaching unnecessary documents.
2. Providing unsatisfactory explanation in Cover letter.
3. Weak demonstration of ties in home country.
4. Improper documentation.
5. Improper formatting and poor writing.

Coming to next section, what should we do to avoid these mistakes and file a proper visa application.

Although documents vary by application to application, but some of the docs are same and can be listed as:
For Applicant: MOST IMPORTANT : COVER LETTER, and
1. Passport
2. Medical (if applying on pre medical basis, however you can apply on post medical basis)
3. Highest degree of education.
4. Marriage pictures
5. Employment experience letters (if any)
6. Funds in Savings (only have to show if your spouse took any Loan while applying for study visa)

For Spouse (Already in Canada on Student visa)
1. Visa must be valid for at least 6 months from date of application.
2. College ID, Offer Letter from college, Study Permit, Student Visa, Passport
3. Savings if doing any part time job.

These are the only documents required to file this visa. However, some more docs may be needed in some special cases.
hello i have question to ask from you

many people says SOWP are not guranteeed and your spouse do get this one , so can you please explain little bit was your spouse a Home Maker or working or what ?

if this is not guranteed how come you get it ??

Mindf

Dec 13, 2020
Hi all, my wife had applied for an open work permit through online application and she got a passport submission request.

DOES A PASSPORT SUBMISSION REQUEST, CONFIRM ITS APPROVED?

pradeepadm2017

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2020
Hi all, my wife had applied for an open work permit through online application and she got a passport submission request.

DOES A PASSPORT SUBMISSION REQUEST, CONFIRM ITS APPROVED?
Most probably its approved. I have not heard of a case where some one is rejected after passport request.

Aug 11, 2021
Hi,

My spouse is working in NOC-A paid bi-monthly earning around 70k cad annually starting from June 2021 under PGWP. We are thinking of applying for SOWP. We were in relationship for 4 years and got married in march 2021. My spouse stayed for about a week after our marriage and had to return because of increasing COVID-19 travel restrictions. I am a software developer in India with 3+ years of experience. My salary is around 550 CAD monthly approx. I have income tax returns for last 3 years. I don't have salary slips but can get a salary certificate of last six months from my company. I have few questions -

1. Should I wait or apply for the SOWP ? If wait then Y?
2. I have around 6500 cad in my account and around 20000 cad in my spouse's account. Will more funds in my spouse and less in mine have impact on SOWP application?
3. I don't have any asset under my name. However my family owns land. What to show for home ties?
4. Is our marriage old enough (5 months)? I have proofs of our relationship prior to marriage, should I add those ?
5. Apart from being with my spouse, should I specify in my SOP I would also work in Canada as IT market has lot of requirement?
6. What is the approval rate?

Thanks in advance