+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit of international student

Jan 13, 2019
Spouses of international students aren't guaranteed work permits. They are allowed to apply. Some are approved but many are not.
Yes, I know it's a really difficult process and there are chances of disapproval but also chances of approval. It might be a little chance but we're gonna give it a risk. Nothing easy is ever worth it :))

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
@scylla Hi Scylla,
I heard that a spouse of an international student can directly apply for a n open work permit from overseas Does the international student have to be enrolled in a DLI or it can be a private college as well?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@scylla Hi Scylla,
I heard that a spouse of an international student can directly apply for a n open work permit from overseas Does the international student have to be enrolled in a DLI or it can be a private college as well?

Thanks
All schools have DLIs. You should find a school that qualifies for PGWP if that is your goal. Spouses are not likely to be approved if the other spouse is attending a private college or university.

Rabu123

Dec 27, 2019
My husband's student visa will end in june and I am expecting to apply for sowp in February...will it be okay?

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
@canuck78
Can a person extend his or her PGWP?
I am hearing mixed answers but some senior members have commented that it cannot be extended as it's a once in a lifetime thing.
Can you please clarify?

Dec 24, 2019
I have been trying to link my husband OWP to my account and I keep getting no application found. I received an email that it’s processing but still not able to link the application to see any up to date information. Can someone please help me?