+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit for May 2018

amit_jain

Nov 27, 2019
My spouse applied for swop on 23rd August 2019, it is more than 3 months but still no update from CIC, we contacted Delhi office many times but no useful updates from there .We applied from India . Not sure how long we need to wait .

Nazinadri

Star Member
May 28, 2019
hello everyone
My study permit visa has been issued and my husband has been approved for Open work permit visa. I want to know what documents are needed to enter in Canada? Is any medical test required?(specially for my husband because of his visa type )

amit_jain

Nov 27, 2019
hello everyone
My study permit visa has been issued and my husband has been approved for Open work permit visa. I want to know what documents are needed to enter in Canada? Is any medical test required?(specially for my husband because of his visa type )
Would you mind telling, when did your husband applied for open work permit and when he received the approval. Actually waiting for same so wanted to understand the processing timeline.

Reactions: Priyanka2010

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
I just joined this thread. Is there lot of refusals for SOWP applicangd from India? If yes, what are the grounds? Thanks!

amit_jain

Nov 27, 2019
Hi I got my SOWP in 10 days, I applied on Nov 24th, biometrics on 26th , got approval on dec 6th , submitted my passport for stamping.
Wow, Congrats!! U r the luckiest in the grp..good to know that at least some ppl are out of this timeline struggle.
However, Could you mention if you applied it yourself or thru consultant and was it from India or canada or elsewhere . Congrats again :)