canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi
My husband sent his passport on 17 feb for visa stamping in chandigarh india but he hasn’t received it back yet .its been more than 20 days..can somebody tell me how long does it take. Thanks
They recieve the passport in order of receipt and that should tell you there are a lot of passport in queue before your husband sent His so you znd your husband should wait, be patient znd follow the protocol....Aren't anybody going ahead of anybody in the queue....Be in your lane and when it gets to your turn, they will stamp in and send it......Ok so, because your husband sent His passport it should be processed ahead of others in the line or in queue? Come on....!!

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi guys,

I have an issue with " ADD ON " process. So, I got married on 12th of November in Georgia ( country ), so end of November I came back to Canada and I sent my wife's application on 13th of December to IRCC Mississauga office. Because I have to update my marital status and I need to add her on my PR application. So I did it, but at the end of January, I got confirmation of my permanent residence paper as a single person, I mean they did not update my marital status on that paper ( confirmation of permanent residence paper ). In February I got my PR card, but IRCC did not say anything about her application. It's almost 3 month, I don't know anything about her application. I already paid her biometric fee and her permanent residence fee as well. When I got my confirmation of my permanent residence, I sent an email to IRCC with their webform to update my marital status, also I sent my spouse's applications in PDF version by Webform as well. After one week one IRCC agent responded to my email and he sent this text to me:

" We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the change of marital status, documents and forms were received by the responsible office.
If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you."

He sent this email at the beginning of February. So guys what can I do now? Can I start sponsorship process for my wife or should I wait for their decision? How long will it take to get application number of my spouse? ( Because I have only her tracking number and it has delivered to IRCC mailbox in December 15 ) Can they deny her application? Because I got my PR card and I am able to start sponsorship process, that's why I am asking.

If possible please let me know guys and sorry for my English, I tried my best to explain my situation.
Thank you.
What you need do now is you have to sponsor your spouse from the scratch.....You listed her as your spouse when your process has started but the time was not enough so they or the system unlisted her as unaccompanied spouse not accompanying spouse so you will have to sponsor her....print all the documents for sponsorship and not the webform thing you did...You just informed them only that you just got married but ignoring the sponsorship process...One month time in November and December will not allow ircc to list her as your accompanying....IRCC process doesn't work that way...IRCC aren't dumb, within few months you got married and want your spouse to just get her PR with 2 month or so and ignored the process....Besides, when you started the whole process of your own PR application, she wasn't part and even you, look at how long it took you and you wnat her to just beat the process....Uhmmm, no!!! Sponsor her and the payment you sent them, print it as part of the sponsorship docs. As for her biometric, the system will recognize it

Last edited:

magpupu2

Aug 25, 2021
I have an issue. I sent my sponsorship end of January as inland. We did not know that my wife is pregnant at the time. The issue is that her open work permit will expire at the end of May. This means OHIP will also expire. She has a delicate pregnancy and we are afraid that we cannot afford the hospital bills if worst comes to worst. We have a worst case scenario plant that she has to go home to give birth. Because of the pregnancy we cannot do her x-ray so it is going to be on hold.

I read that if you leave for an extended time, the application could get denied. Since we just received our temporary application number, is it better to just cancel it and then file as outland. We will be apart for the last trimester of the pregnancy until she gets her PR application approved or she can also get a visa to visit me. The issue is that if we do it as outland. Do I guess I have to add the baby as a dependent? I know we have to apply to get the proof of citizenship as I am a naturalized Canadian.

All the anxiety is not helping both of us and we cannot get a hold of the IRCC to ask them.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have an issue. I sent my sponsorship end of January as inland. We did not know that my wife is pregnant at the time. The issue is that her open work permit will expire at the end of May. This means OHIP will also expire. She has a delicate pregnancy and we are afraid that we cannot afford the hospital bills if worst comes to worst. We have a worst case scenario plant that she has to go home to give birth. Because of the pregnancy we cannot do her x-ray so it is going to be on hold.

I read that if you leave for an extended time, the application could get denied. Since we just received our temporary application number, is it better to just cancel it and then file as outland. We will be apart for the last trimester of the pregnancy until she gets her PR application approved or she can also get a visa to visit me. The issue is that if we do it as outland. Do I guess I have to add the baby as a dependent? I know we have to apply to get the proof of citizenship as I am a naturalized Canadian.

All the anxiety is not helping both of us and we cannot get a hold of the IRCC to ask them.
Just a few thoughts (that I don't wish to state as advice):
-If you are going to withdraw her current app and re-apply as outland, it is better to do it sooner rather than later.
-If she's not going to keep working (after May), then I don't think there are any significant disadvantages to going forward as outland (it does not affect her current status).
-you might want to look at or consider insurance (to remain in Canada), but I've no idea of cost.
-If you are a naturalized Canadian, you will not need to add to application as a dependent (although you will advise IRCC of birth of child) - a citizen (and your child will be a citizen) cannot apply for PR status. You'll apply for proof of citizenship/passport for the child instead. (There are threads about this, not providing links now as not your immediate concern - there is a process).

magpupu2

Aug 25, 2021
Just a few thoughts (that I don't wish to state as advice):
-If you are going to withdraw her current app and re-apply as outland, it is better to do it sooner rather than later.
-If she's not going to keep working (after May), then I don't think there are any significant disadvantages to going forward as outland (it does not affect her current status).
-you might want to look at or consider insurance (to remain in Canada), but I've no idea of cost.
-If you are a naturalized Canadian, you will not need to add to application as a dependent (although you will advise IRCC of birth of child) - a citizen (and your child will be a citizen) cannot apply for PR status. You'll apply for proof of citizenship/passport for the child instead. (There are threads about this, not providing links now as not your immediate concern - there is a process).
I did read up on how to get proof of citizenship which could take 15 moths to process. I did check the differences on the forms for both inland and outland and they are the same. i think the difference will be on where the processing will take place. I am looking at getting insurance but because she is already pregnant, they will not cover the delivery.

We are now running out of time and cannot get clear direction on what we need to do.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I did read up on how to get proof of citizenship which could take 15 moths to process.
The process seems to be to apply for a temporary or emergency passport, which they can issue before the proof of citizenship is received - on the basis that they child is by descent presumed citizen. There is also a (more rare) method, facilitation visa. In both cases do not need to wait the 15 monhts.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/baby-born-in-india-to-naturalized-canadian-father.751868/#post-9854027

I did check the differences on the forms for both inland and outland and they are the same. i think the difference will be on where the processing will take place. I am looking at getting insurance but because she is already pregnant, they will not cover the delivery.
I would ignore the issue of where the processing takes place. The difference of importance is the requirements and a few other aspects - inland must be in Canada, outland can be inside or outside Canada. One of importance for many is possibility of a work permit (rather late in the process) but I assume that does not seem to be critical in your case. (There are some other differences not worth going into here)

This can only be your decision but I see no significant downside to applying outland. If your wife stays in Canada (eg if you can work out the pregnancy/delivering aspect), perfectly normal. If you decide she must return to home country, perfectly normal and she can return when PR status completed (or earlier if some other visa in hand). Your child will be citizen by descent instead of citizen by birth - a rather minor inconvenience.

As a citizen, you can also go with and accompany her when/if you feel necessary. (If for very long, you may need to show intent to return to Canada)

Certainly take some time to think about it - you can prepare the docs for submission under outland while you contemplate.

Repeat, don't wish this to be taken as advice, hope the input helps but it can only be your decision with your spouse.

jewels777

Mar 10, 2022
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:

Married, common law or conjugal partners

First you need to pick an application class. There are three of them: married, common-law and conjugal. For all of them, you need to prove the genuineity of your relationship. For common-law, you need to prove that you have lived together for 12 months or longer. For conjugal, you need to prove that you have combined your affairs as much as possible but there are real immigration barriers or other barriers preventing you from living together or getting married. Conjugal is the hardest to prove. For example, if your partner could get a visit visa to come to Canada for 6 months and then apply for an extension to get the full year, even though they will not be allowed to work, that is not considered an immigration barrier. An immigration barrier is if your partner tries to get a visit visa to come to Canada and is repeatedly refused. Some people have had luck with the conjugal class but try to avoid it if possible.

Outland or inland?

Now you need to decide if to apply outland or inland. If your spouse is not in Canada and can not get a visa to go to Canada, you must apply outland. That means that you will send your application to Mississauga and they will approve you as a sponsor. The time that takes is usually 1-2 months to but current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship After that, the application is forwarded to your local visa office. If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. Otherwise it will be processed in their country of nationality. You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

If your spouse is staying in Canada as a visitor or on some other visa, you can pick whether you want to apply outland or inland. Outland is generally faster and has appeal rights but a downside to outland is that if an interview is required, your spouse will have to travel to the visa office in the country where it's being processed. Inland has the downside that it's generally not advised that your spouse travels while you are waiting for your processing because it is a requirement of inland that they reside in Canada and if they are denied entry at the border for some reason, your application is gone. If an interview is required for inland, you may also have to wait a long time for it. The inland application would be sent to Vegreville and if all goes well, you would get a first stage approval, usually in 6 to 8 months. The current processing times can be seen here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#perm_res Then the file is forwarded to your local CIC office where you live and they will contact you for a landing appointment. Getting the PR with inland usually takes 12-18 months. If an interview is required for inland, Vegreville will not give first stage approval but instead will forward the application to the local CIC office without it and you will have to wait for them to have time for your interview. In some cases that can take a year or two. If you do get the first stage approval, your spouse will usually be eligible for health care and an open work permit. It is actually a good idea when applying inland to send an application form for a visit visa extension as well as the open work permit to be given at first stage approval all in one package so it's tied together.

Which method to pick depends on your situation. If your spouses country of nationality has a long processing time or your spouse does not want to have to travel there for a possible interview, then inland is the way to go. For faster processing and freedom of travel during the processing time, outland would be better. You can find the application forms for inland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp and the application forms for outland at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Avoiding potential problems with your application

The most common reason for people to be called for an interview is that the visa officer has doubts about the relationship being genuine. It is up to you to send immigration some quality data, emails, chat logs, phone records, photos, letters and other material to prove to them that your relationship is the real thing. Other reasons you might have problems with is eligibility of the sponsor. The sponsor can not be on social assistance, can not be bankrupt and can not have a record of violent crimes or crimes against family members. If that is the case, better talk to a lawyer and get that cleared up before attempting to apply.

Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

Refusals due to income and medicals

You will be asked to provide information about your income but you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves.

Spouses and dependent children are also exempt from the clause about excessive demand on health care so you do not have to worry about them being refused for that reason.

Sponsoring your spouse while living in another country

If you are a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor your spouse without being in Canada but you do then have to prove that you are planning on moving to Canada when your spouse gets approved for permanent residency. Such proof can include having arranged jobs, being accepted to college, having arranged housing or letters from friends & relatives stating that they know of your plans and that you can stay with them while you look for housing etc.

If you are a PR, you must reside in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse. You can chance short vacations (remember that a Canadian vacation is generally no longer than 2 weeks) but if immigration finds out that you are not in Canada, you risk getting your application refused.

jewels777

Mar 10, 2022
hi please i got an email from ircc saying i am eliguble to sponsor and my spouses documents has been sent to accra for futher processing. after that i got his uci number and application number to link account and it shows pr in process please can anyone explain what thus is and approximately how long this takes because the processing started march 1 2022 but we had submitted since oct 2021 and i just recently put to bed in canada.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
hi please i got an email from ircc saying i am eliguble to sponsor and my spouses documents has been sent to accra for futher processing. after that i got his uci number and application number to link account and it shows pr in process please can anyone explain what thus is and approximately how long this takes because the processing started march 1 2022 but we had submitted since oct 2021 and i just recently put to bed in canada.
Did you apply online?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Just one silly question here. How can we know which office process my application? Is it the one which sent me the email? Thanks
Sometimes emails come from Ottawa, but if you're applying outland and there's a name of an office somewhere outside then yeah that's likely the one. Sometimes they tell you directly on the sponsor approval letter.

greatchris408

Dec 7, 2015
Sometimes emails come from Ottawa, but if you're applying outland and there's a name of an office somewhere outside then yeah that's likely the one. Sometimes they tell you directly on the sponsor approval letter.
I received emails from Mississauga office. Does that mean my application is processed there? Thanks again.