+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

lindamarevalo

Mar 10, 2022
Hi, I submitted my application to sponsor my husband (outland) who lives in Colombia about 1 month ago (Feb, 2022).
If he applies for a visitor visa, will this delay our Spousal Sponsorship process?

MimirEtuk

Mar 23, 2018
Hi Everyone,
My husband (Applicant) got ADR yesterday request from Accra Visa office. We got our gcms notes few weeks back and were actually expecting an interview request since we saw “Review Required” and Interview language: English. The ADR is for him to give a detailed explanation of how our relationship progressed from when we first met till his decision to marry me. My question is: does ADR usually lead to interview? Should we still expect an interview after this? Are they any tips on how he should approach this ADR. Btw, we are May 21 applicants and he has completed his biometrics & medicals. Useful suggestions will be appreciated.

Whofears

Oct 29, 2020

What is an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) conference?
An alternative dispute resolution (ADR) conference is a meeting called by the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) when it believes there is a chance that your appeal could be resolved without an oral hearing. The goal is to try to resolve your appeal simply, quickly, and fairly. If the conference is successful, a hearing will not be needed.

The participants in the conference include:

• You, and your counsel, if you have one;
  • An official from the Canada Border Services Agency, called the Minister’s Counsel, who represents the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or the Minister of Public Safety; and,
  • An Early Resolution Officer (ERO) or member from the IAD, who is a neutral and unbiased facilitator of the conference.
Not all appeals are selected for ADR. If your appeal is selected, you will receive a Notice to Appear. This notice tells you when and where your conference will be.”

Hi Everyone,
My husband (Applicant) got ADR yesterday request from Accra Visa office. We got our gcms notes few weeks back and were actually expecting an interview request since we saw “Review Required” and Interview language: English. The ADR is for him to give a detailed explanation of how our relationship progressed from when we first met till his decision to marry me. My question is: does ADR usually lead to interview? Should we still expect an interview after this? Are they any tips on how he should approach this ADR. Btw, we are May 21 applicants and he has completed his biometrics & medicals. Useful suggestions will be appreciated.

Alakbar0424

Mar 8, 2022
What you need do now is you have to sponsor your spouse from the scratch.....You listed her as your spouse when your process has started but the time was not enough so they or the system unlisted her as unaccompanied spouse not accompanying spouse so you will have to sponsor her....print all the documents for sponsorship and not the webform thing you did...You just informed them only that you just got married but ignoring the sponsorship process...One month time in November and December will not allow ircc to list her as your accompanying....IRCC process doesn't work that way...IRCC aren't dumb, within few months you got married and want your spouse to just get her PR with 2 month or so and ignored the process....Besides, when you started the whole process of your own PR application, she wasn't part and even you, look at how long it took you and you wnat her to just beat the process....Uhmmm, no!!! Sponsor her and the payment you sent them, print it as part of the sponsorship docs. As for her biometric, the system will recognize it
Thanks for information, but I did not know my PR process will end very soon, it has finished in 10 month, very early. I was thinking it can finish in 2 years ( regular processing time). There was always written " Application Received " in their system. I mean I did not get any update from IRCC about my PR application, that's why I applied for her. Then I got notification they are at the end of process when I already applied for my spouse. If I knew they were at the end of process I would not apply for my spouse and I would not start ADD ON Process. Whatever, now I am waiting their decision, if they refuse her application I will apply for sponsorship with refuse letter.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi, I submitted my application to sponsor my husband (outland) who lives in Colombia about 1 month ago (Feb, 2022).
If he applies for a visitor visa, will this delay our Spousal Sponsorship process?
Oh yes.....dual intent application takes forever!! They know you want your spouse to come in temporary and later ask them to change your application which is not going to happen anyways but they won't give it to him so soon....They will wait until they finalize everything for him once....and not a little here, a little there!!

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thanks for information, but I did not know my PR process will end very soon, it has finished in 10 month, very early. I was thinking it can finish in 2 years ( regular processing time). There was always written " Application Received " in their system. I mean I did not get any update from IRCC about my PR application, that's why I applied for her. Then I got notification they are at the end of process when I already applied for my spouse. If I knew they were at the end of process I would not apply for my spouse and I would not start ADD ON Process. Whatever, now I am waiting their decision, if they refuse her application I will apply for sponsorship with refuse letter.
What application....You've not started anything for her until you sponsor her. Unless you planned to sit and watch while they also watch you waiting.....By immigration law and article, when one partner receives their application, the other needs to be sponsored

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi Everyone,
This is just simple....You said you are both married and the officer wants to know how it all started....so just write in letter how it all begun until now...how did you meet? Who introduced who? On what circumstances brought you two together? Who was rude in the first place? What will be written must be able to convince the officer that the marriage is genuine and not because somebody plans to help someone travel abroad....even after what you guys write, an officer must still review it....Ghana office and Canada office especially case processing centre officer who assigned or shared your file with an officer in ghana will rob minds on what you write and on their discretion..if they are convinced there will be no interview but if there are still doubts...the officer in Canada will ask the officer who is in charge of your file in ghana to interview you and even after the interview, both officers will still review the answers that were provided in the interview.....so here is the clue, never change your words....don't deviate from the main reasons and keep saying it over and over because if you deviate, you've lost....

Last edited:

MimirEtuk

Mar 23, 2018
This is just simple....You said you are both married and the officer wants to know how it all started....so just write in letter how it all begun until now...how did you meet? Who introduced who? On what circumstances brought you two together? Who was rude in the first place? What will be written must be able to convince the officer that the marriage is genuine and not because somebody plans to help someone travel abroad....even after what you guys write, an officer must still review it....Ghana office and Canada office especially case processing centre officer who assigned or shared your file with an officer in ghana will rob minds on what you write and on their discretion..if they are convinced there will be no interview but if there are still doubt....the officer in Canada will ask the officer who is in charge of your file in ghana to interview you and even after the interview, both officers will still review the answers that were provided in the interview.....so here is the clue, never change your words....don't deviate from the main reasons and keep saying it over and over because if you deviate, you've lost....
Thanks Efie for your reply and suggestions. We will use this to guide our response.

Alokuk692

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Outland spousal sponsorship. Wife in India. I got a SA letter in my email that says the below message. It doesn't specifically say which visa office the file is transferred to. Is it by default to PAs home country- India?
In GCMS notes it says file transferred to CIO. Does anybody know what it means?
Message from IRCC:
"The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to a visa office for further
processing.
Visa Office Contact Information
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you must email the visa office listed above
directly using the “IRCC Web Form”. This form is found in the “Enquiries” section of the specific visa
office’s link located on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp"

Alakbar0424

Mar 8, 2022
What application....You've not started anything for her until you sponsor her. Unless you planned to sit and watch while they also watch you waiting.....By immigration law and article, when one partner receives their application, the other needs to be sponsored
I mean my PR application and add on process exist by ircc law, i know a lot of people so they brought their spouse here with that add on process, not a sponsorship, never mind, you didn't understand me and you know only sponsorship process. Good luck and chill, don't get mad. Because I was asked just a question.

vidhu88

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Do this fast.....Invite her now as your fiance before you marry her...And while the invites is in process, then you go marry her....Be ready to spend on her travel...If you are lucky she will get her visitors visa in the marriage process and she can come to Canada with you....If you invite and apply for visitors visa after the marriage, that is a dual intent application and that is what takes more review on the file

You don't need to register your marriage in Canada again if you register it in India....

The only solution is how the visitors visa will be granted quick or delayed and in anything, if she comes Here with you with visitors visa then you can do an inland application for her and seek to extend her visitors visa if it's about to expire and once you put the process or application for sponsorship when she's in here then you can apply for spousal open work permit for her

But if any of these processes don't happen then you have to do outland application
Thanks a lot for your revert efie!

Have you seen this work before? I am afraid if I send her an invitation letter then the authorities might reject her visa application considering she'd have a strong reason to stay back with me instead of returning back to India (something the visa officer would want her to return to India after the stipulated time of 6 months end). She has an aunt (father's real sister) staying in Ontario for the last 40 yrs. I was hoping to get her an invitation letter from her aunt instead.

Once my fiance is granted a visitor visa, she can travel here and we can get our Indian wedding registered here in BC, do you think this would work?

Looking forward to your guidance,
Thanks!

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Outland spousal sponsorship. Wife in India. I got a SA letter in my email that says the below message. It doesn't specifically say which visa office the file is transferred to. Is it by default to PAs home country- India?
In GCMS notes it says file transferred to CIO. Does anybody know what it means?
Message from IRCC:
"The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to a visa office for further
processing.
Visa Office Contact Information
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you must email the visa office listed above
directly using the “IRCC Web Form”. This form is found in the “Enquiries” section of the specific visa
office’s link located on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp"
Where do you want them to process your file....which country understands Indian marriage policies other than India....Your file will be shared between India regional office center and Canada's CIO which is the centralized intake office....usually, Sydney, Nova Scotia....so your file MUST be sent to India by hook or crook because aren't no officer here in Canada understands Indian marriage principles and settings other than india

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I mean my PR application and add on process exist by ircc law, i know a lot of people so they brought their spouse here with that add on process, not a sponsorship, never mind, you didn't understand me and you know only sponsorship process. Good luck and chill, don't get mad. Because I was asked just a question.
Lol....why should I be mad on your point.....Will be happy if the tables turn for you....

chintan.mistry86

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
hello everyone ! I was on work permit from 2019 to 2021 June, I became PR on June 2021, my Wife and Daughter are living with me in canada from 2019 until now, they are still on temporary resident Visa, I am getting my documents read to sponsor my wife and daughter as PR. We have a new born who is born in canada on Jan 2022. I have applied for my Parents Supervisa, on Oct 2021, which is still pending. I have few doubt on application from.
1) Have you sponsored in the past , or you are currently sponsoring, any other member of your family in different application ?
should I mention my parents name ? Dose they count as sponsor for supervisa ?