+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, thank you , I ll definitely read. So I shall not send all the work history docs, if you can please provide a hint. I am only sponsoring my spouse
My case was different so I won't attempt to say exactly what applies to yours.

In general each applicant needs to demonstrate they can support their spouse financially. For those in Canada for years this would include tax returns, your situation will be different. If you're a recent arrival savings and plans to work (update during process once you find work).

You may want to show evidence of your professional qualifications and work history as evidence of your ability to support your spouse, but 'proof' implies a higher level of documentation than may be needed or required. And of course you probably already showed your education and work history with more extensive proof when you immigrated yourself.

But again: start with the instructions.

Reactions: khalidr

khalidr

Star Member
May 29, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
My case was different so I won't attempt to say exactly what applies to yours.

In general each applicant needs to demonstrate they can support their spouse financially. For those in Canada for years this would include tax returns, your situation will be different. If you're a recent arrival savings and plans to work (update during process once you find work).

You may want to show evidence of your professional qualifications and work history as evidence of your ability to support your spouse, but 'proof' implies a higher level of documentation than may be needed or required. And of course you probably already showed your education and work history with more extensive proof when you immigrated yourself.

But again: start with the instructions.
Thank you so much for the reply. This helps

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you so much for the reply. This helps
The broader points I'm trying to make are: focus on what IRCC says is REQUIRED. Those are essential. Don't spend time looking for things that are NOT required.

And:
-read the instructions;
-if in doubt, read the instructions;
-double and triple check everything.

Reactions: khalidr

khalidr

Star Member
May 29, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
The broader points I'm trying to make are: focus on what IRCC says is REQUIRED. Those are essential. Don't spend time looking for things that are NOT required.

And:
-read the instructions;
-if in doubt, read the instructions;
-double and triple check everything.
You are absolutely correct

_harinderkaurs

Jun 24, 2019
Hello, I am a PR and starting the process to file my spouse’s PR who is on work permit in Canada. Could somebody please guide on how to start and which documents are needed? Thank you.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, I am a PR and starting the process to file my spouse’s PR who is on work permit in Canada. Could somebody please guide on how to start and which documents are needed? Thank you.
You can start from the link that was posted by armoured few messages up.

joe555

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
Hi, Do i need to make account for both sponsor and PA for the new tracker to track application which started in feb? I made only for PA.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi, Do i need to make account for both sponsor and PA for the new tracker to track application which started in feb? I made only for PA.
Is not mandatory but you can do both....Sponsor using his UCI and Principal using their as well

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
We were finally able to log into the new tracker, at the bottom of the overview page, it has a box labled "Summary of documents status". In this box it says...

There is a link we can click, which shows this...

Does everyone have this, or does this mean that we have been approved? Last thing we got was pre-arrival services on Jan 28.
Yes but wait for them to put in every information first on the dashboard...take it slowly!! They update the site every 4-5 days so keep an eye until everything is listed at the document side....They must indicate the document number, travel document, visa office and expiry date

visajon

May 26, 2020
Hie guys when are you officially a Permanent Resident when you receive COPR or when you receive PR card in the mail?

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
whats the difference ? Thanks
No difference!! Both of you can look at it from your end...Principal A. can have access to their file and Sponsor can also have access to PA's file unless you are having a representative then, the sponsors part will be omitted....even with that, you can still use your UCI to see what's happening with your PA's file even when you have a representative as in a consultant or a lawyer...!!Your UCI is linked to the PA's automatically to grant access!!

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hie guys when are you officially a Permanent Resident when you receive COPR or when you receive PR card in the mail?
You are officially on your PR status when you get your COPR....The card pretty much cancels all temporary immigration documents you've had in the past....That is your new ID....All services in Canada would need you to bring in your PR ID card to change your status on their file....You are PR while using COPR but services like ICBC, Service Ontario, Access Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan Gov.Insurance(SGI) etc in all the 10 provinces and 3 territories that offers government services in areas like service canada, cra, driving license, health care card etc wants you to bring in your hard ID card and not the COPR....Officially, you can go anywhere with your COPR in Canada but services will be limited until you provide PR ID Card to get other cards easily....hope that helps!! COPR is the door opener while the card is the key itself

Last edited: