+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

soniorc

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Hi, I have a ques.
I am sponsoring a PR for my wife. We recently got legally married in India. I want to apply on my own without using a broker or representative. Is it a good idea.
Also, Some of my friend advised that fill up all the forms on Acrobat and submit the signed hard copy to the immigration office. Is it recommended because they did it five years back.

Reactions: Shehzad kausar

Shehzad kausar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
What IRCC means by a family member while filling out
IMM 5406 ( Additional Family information)

WIll there be two IMM5406 form I need to submit ??
1. IMM5406 (for principal applicant)
2. IMM5406 (for spouse)
BOTH THE PRINCIPAL APPLICANT AND THE SPOUSE MUST FILL THEIR OWN COPY OF THIS DOCUMENT, AND ALL THE DEPENDANT CHILDREN18 YEARS OF AGE OR ABOVE MUST ALSO FILL THEIR OWN COPY OF THIS FORM

Reactions: vinayk

Shehzad kausar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
What IRCC means by a family member while filling out
IMM 5406 ( Additional Family information)

WIll there be two IMM5406 form I need to submit ??
1. IMM5406 (for principal applicant)
2. IMM5406 (for spouse)
YES TWO, AND IN CASE OF DEPENDANT CHILDREN 18 YEARS OF AGE OR ABOVE MUST ALSO FILL A COPY OF THIS FORM

Shehzad kausar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
Hi, I have a ques.
I am sponsoring a PR for my wife. We recently got legally married in India. I want to apply on my own without using a broker or representative. Is it a good idea.
Also, Some of my friend advised that fill up all the forms on Acrobat and submit the signed hard copy to the immigration office. Is it recommended because they did it five years back.
hi, yes you can do it on your own, but you must read all the information about how to fill the forms and how to select photos, where to create an account, which immigration category to choose. if you choose a wrong category, or fill the wrong form, your application will be rejected.

Reactions: soniorc

Shehzad kausar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
Hi, I have a ques.
open this link and read all the information patiently.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#forms

soniorc

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
What is a co-signer in form IMM1344.
hi, yes you can do it on your own, but you must read all the information about how to fill the forms and how to select photos, where to create an account, which immigration category to choose. if you choose a wrong category, or fill the wrong form, your application will be rejected.
Thanks Buddy

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I want to apply for spouse visa but for some reasons, we do not have wedding pictures? Are they mandatory to present for spouse visa?
They are not absolutely mandatory. However if you don't have them, that can cause concerns with your application and whether your relationship is genuine. If you really don't have any photos, then you will want to submit other very strong evidence to prove your relationship and marriage are genuine.

Reactions: Mrs_spiritus

RehmanZM

Feb 19, 2022
They are not absolutely mandatory. However if you don't have them, that can cause concerns with your application and whether your relationship is genuine. If you really don't have any photos, then you will want to submit other very strong evidence to prove your relationship and marriage are genuine.
Thankyou for your reply. we have pictures on other occasions but not from our wedding. can you please give any example of evidence we can ive instead of pictures.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thankyou for your reply. we have pictures on other occasions but not from our wedding. can you please give any example of evidence we can ive instead of pictures.
You want to put together strong relationship evidence overall. So things like joint property ownership or joint lease, joint bank accounts, joint credit cards are quite strong.

Maze.81

Jun 13, 2021
Hello everyone,
We got AOR finally after 7 months, but I am not able to link the application. As the email was sent to my sponsor. Do I need to enter his information when I want to link the application to my account? I tried with both of us information but it cannot find the application. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Shehzad kausar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
I want to apply for spouse visa but for some reasons, we do not have wedding pictures? Are they mandatory to present for spouse visa?
You should have pictures, but if you dont have you will have to submit written explanation for that so that the immigration officer can know the reason