+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ShooterSingh

Jan 4, 2022
Yes, that is absolutely true but as we know, immigration sometimes refuses cases based on bogus reasons. If the PR in question had sponsored his spouse for PR and immigration finds out, possibly when trying to contact him that he has actually been outside Canada for the last few months, they will likely deny his application based on him not residing in Canada. Legally he might still be residing in Canada and of course he can appeal but I'm only saying, maybe you are better off trying to avoid having to appeal. It is safer to make short trips only so that the visa officer will have no doubt that the person is residing in Canada and not leave it up to the visa officers definition of how long you can be away to still be considered a resident.
I am planning a trip for one month to India from Feb-Mar this year. I have submitted my Spousal Application in Oct 2021. Will this be an issue?

Ar6464

Jul 29, 2019
As it is taking more than 2 years to sponsor a spouse, we cant even apply for TRV?
If we do so they dont approve it.

but a foreign student can apply spouse open work permit and processing time is less than 6 months.

what kind of system we are in?

should we start change .org petition or something about that.
They taking away 2 precious years of our lives.

Reactions: Brownsugar_beah

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
If we cannot get a medical appointment with a clinic/hospital within 30 days.. does the IRCC extend the medical request days or do they send a new medical request?

Sharmrad

Feb 24, 2021
If we cannot get a medical appointment with a clinic/hospital within 30 days.. does the IRCC extend the medical request days or do they send a new medical request?
Hi ..i just want to ask after receiving AOR ...how long it took to receive medical request?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, just advise via webform that first available was such-and-such date.

This is not uncommon, nothing to worry about.

Reactions: keys8014

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Yes, just advise via webform that first available was such-and-such date.

This is not uncommon, nothing to worry about.
Thanks.

Do they halt processing the application until medical is done or they do other background checks while they wait for medical result?

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
Please would like to ask those whose application passed their supposed 12 months processing time who are now done with the whole process, the measures they took after the timeline elapsed. Calls, MP, webforms?? Which one did you think worked? Or nothing works or worked? Kindly share your experience please.

Superstar95

Jun 17, 2021
Hi folks!
Can anyone please advice on how online applications are to be singed?
Do we print out and sign each form or do we declare at the end of the application process with a digital signature?
Thanks in advance!

Mar 17, 2021
Hi, does anyone have experience renewing a passport while PR still in process for in land spousal sponsorship?
assuming somehow the AOR finally comes when while my passport is still being renewed, can I use a driver's license to do the biometrics and medical exam so the application can continue to be processed while I wait for my new passport?
Many thanks!

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
I believe they continue as the medical isn't truly needed until later in process. Can't guarantee though.
hopefully they will keep processing the application, we just got medical appointment after 5 weeks!!

but on the GCKey, this shows up..

im really hoping they wont stop processing our application while they wait for medical

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Hi, does anyone have experience renewing a passport while PR still in process for in land spousal sponsorship?
assuming somehow the AOR finally comes when while my passport is still being renewed, can I use a driver's license to do the biometrics and medical exam so the application can continue to be processed while I wait for my new passport?
Many thanks!
passport of sponsor or principal applicant?

Mar 17, 2021
passport of sponsor or principal applicant?
principal applicant...my question is while the PA's passport is being renewal and unavailable, is it possible for her/him to continue with biometric requirement and medical exam while using other forms of ID such as a driver's license?
Thank you