+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

amit_saha1986

Jul 29, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I needed a suggestion from anyone who has gone though below scenario.

I got married in December 2021(in India) and travelled back to Canada on 1st Jan 2022, and my wife is in India. She already had put her visitor visa file in August 2021(before marriage) but there is no update yet(Biometrics done in Oct 2021). Just to mention that she has US visitor visa.

Now I am in dilemma that should I put her PR file even when her visitor is already in queue? Any chances of rejection of Visitor visa if I put her PR file?

Are there any suggestions to speed up her visitor visa file?

Is it recommended to get visitor visa and then put PR file as Spousal visa takes 1 year as per current timeline.

I appreciate your suggestions. Thank you.
I know people whose visitor visa got approved while the PR application is in progress whereas in My wife's case visitor visa has been rejected. (one before the PR application/One after PR application/3rd one in progress along with spouse PR application).

Superstar95

Jun 17, 2021
Hi Everyone.
I am in the process of applying my spouse PR online. Is it sufficient if we sign the declaration and not the indivudual forms?
If that is the case, the document cheklist asks if all the forms have been signed.
Please help me out on this.
Thanks

Last edited:

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
I know people whose visitor visa got approved while the PR application is in progress whereas in My wife's case visitor visa has been rejected. (one before the PR application/One after PR application/3rd one in progress along with spouse PR application).
So, it all depends on luck and case officer :)

I am in super confusion what to do now.

amit_saha1986

Jul 29, 2015
So, it all depends on luck and case officer :)

I am in super confusion what to do now.
Luck and how you present your case for TRV (Visitor VISA) focus on providing evidence that the applicant needs to go back. Like job. (salary slips for the current job, IT returns for the past job to show that the applicant has been working for some years) Property papers in applicant's name. Letter from HR that the applicant is travelling only during the vacation and needs to come back as the work is important and essential for the company. Include everything that you think could show a reason to come back from to home country.

Jinit

Jan 4, 2019
Hi, i need your advice please

My husband is in canada from 23th August, 21. We married after his visa received but before his passport got stamped, on 18, july, 2021 But unfortunately, he forgot to change his Marital Status from single to married in this 4 months in canada. So now how can he change his status?? Beacuse we wish to apply for sowp.

greengoblin

Jul 30, 2021
Hi,
Can someone please advise me on the spousal sponsorship based on my Visa status in Canada? We are super frustrated with the process and lack of transparency on status updates. I am losing patience and wish to see her in Canada.
1. I am in Canada on closed work permit.
2. My spouse is in outland. We have applied for her Open Work Permit. Timeline of the application:
  • Dec 20, 2020: Acknowledgement of application
  • April 15, 2021: Medical passed
  • Since then, the application is stuck on background check
3. I applied for PR along with my spouse. Timeline:
  • July 28, 2021: AOR
  • October 6, 2021: Medical passed
  • Dec 10, 2021: Spouse gave another medical exam as old one expired
I am visiting my country in May 2022, and want to return back with her. But the way both Open Work Permit and PR applications are being delayed, I am skeptical if we would be able to do it. What should we do? Can we apply for her Visitor Visa? Any other suggestion is very appreciated.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
Can someone please advise me on the spousal sponsorship based on my Visa status in Canada? We are super frustrated with the process and lack of transparency on status updates. I am losing patience and wish to see her in Canada.
2. My spouse is in outland. We have applied for her Open Work Permit. Timeline of the application:
I am visiting my country in May 2022, and want to return back with her. But the way both Open Work Permit and PR applications are being delayed, I am skeptical if we would be able to do it. What should we do? Can we apply for her Visitor Visa? Any other suggestion is very appreciated.

Thanks!
You're posting in the wrong section of the forum and won't get answers here. This section of the forum is for Canadians who are sponsoring family members for permanent residency.

You need to post your questions in the Foreign Workers section of the forum.

Good luck.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, i need your advice please

My husband is in canada from 23th August, 21. We married after his visa received but before his passport got stamped, on 18, july, 2021 But unfortunately, he forgot to change his Marital Status from single to married in this 4 months in canada. So now how can he change his status?? Beacuse we wish to apply for sowp.
What is your husband's status in Canada? Is he a permanent resident or is he here on a work permit or study permit? It's not clear from your post.

greengoblin

Jul 30, 2021
You're posting in the wrong section of the forum and won't get answers here. This section of the forum is for Canadians who are sponsoring family members for permanent residency.

You need to post your questions in the Foreign Workers section of the forum.

Good luck.
My apologies. I am new to this forum. Thanks for the response! I will post it in the right forum.

Curious_Man

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Hi everyone,

Quick question.We are putting together our spousal sponsorship pack. My wife is québécoise and so there’s an extra step through Quebec - CSQ.

we’re somewhat confused because every source mentions we have to first submit our application to the federal government, before we can submit my wife’s sponsorship application to Quebec. However on one of the application forms for IRCC they’re asking for date of submission of CSQ…? Does something need to be sent to Quebec BEFORE submission go IRCC…?

many thanks in advance!

Hassankt

Jan 3, 2022
Greetings all!
i Hope all members are doing well. I need an expert advice.. My name is Hassan and I’m from Pakistan. I have a query regarding my spousal application.. my wife is Canadian. I submitted my spousal application in jan 2021. Got an email about my sponsor eligibility that she has met the requirement, later on got another email in March stated that my application has been received by IRCC office in London Uk. In June they sent me an email about immigration medical examination. In August 2021 they requested my police clearance certificate again as the previous one which I sent along with my application got expired. since then I have not got any update about my application. I would like to know from the members how long normally would they take to make a decision and what I can expect next from them. i would highly appreciated your responses.. Thank you
kind regards,
Hassan

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi,

Thanks!
Forget the visitors visa.....it will even take longer than the OWP and the PR....IRCC is good at delaying peoples lives and affairs so join the cue....However, look for the foreign workers section to post yours there as this is for spousal sponsorship ....Look for your forum. Wrong address

Reactions: greengoblin

priks1425

Star Member
May 25, 2019
Luck and how you present your case for TRV (Visitor VISA) focus on providing evidence that the applicant needs to go back. Like job. (salary slips for the current job, IT returns for the past job to show that the applicant has been working for some years) Property papers in applicant's name. Letter from HR that the applicant is travelling only during the vacation and needs to come back as the work is important and essential for the company. Include everything that you think could show a reason to come back from to home country.
Sounds good. It really makes sense.

I got another idea, not sure should I execute it or not.

She had put her visitor visa file on CIC portal 4 months back(before our marriage) as single status and along with her parents to visit her cousin(who is Canadian citizen).
I can transfer/put again her visa file on new IRCC portal with some medical emergency for short period( Like I need medical support from family) which may boost up process.

OR , she can withdraw her past visitor visa file and she may visit USA( as his real brother is there) and put Canada Visitor visa from there. It may be processed faster than India.

Any suggestions?

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
[QUOTE = "Curious_Man, publicación: 9886995, miembro: 1006422"]
Hola a todos,

Pregunta rápida: estamos preparando nuestro paquete de patrocinio conyugal. Mi esposa es quebequense, por lo que hay un paso más en Quebec: CSQ.

estamos algo confundidos porque todas las fuentes mencionan que primero debemos enviar nuestra solicitud al gobierno federal, antes de que podamos enviar la solicitud de patrocinio de mi esposa a Quebec. Sin embargo, en uno de los formularios de solicitud de IRCC, solicitan la fecha de presentación de CSQ ... ¿Es necesario enviar algo a Quebec ANTES de que la presentación vaya al IRCC…?

¡Muchas gracias de antemano!
[/CITA]

Hola, es correcto primero debes de enviar todos los documentos al gobierno general, luego que te aprueban el IRCC, tienes que comenzar los tramites en Quebec para tu CSQ. tienes que dejar en blanco esa parte