+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sumaiama

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019
@armoured I will need your advise I contribution on this ,or anyone here who can thanks
I applied for spousal sponsorship in March 2021 , so I had temporary application for Open work permit application which I did upfront medical in june ,so I also submitted the medical to spousal sponsorship application I already had , the open work permit application was refused because my spouse is a permanent residence in Canada and am Outland , so for the spousal sponsorship application the medical I submitted in June was passed in July 29 and July 26th I was ask to pay for right of permanent residence fee which I did same day , I already had biometrics so I submitted it with my application,since then no word from ircc but in September 17 we sent a message and they responded that the application is currently under review , then in October 17th my spouse contacted MP and mp responded with
The following is IRCC’s verbal feedback regarding the PR spousal sponsorship application:

Criminality and security checks in progress
Eligibility for sponsor passed
Medical passed
No outstanding document requests
Application is within a normal processing time

Please what do you think is PPR close ,I hope to hear from you, I see you have been very helpful on the forum thanks
Hey dear ,
Am experiencing with almost same timeline and same type of application "outland , spousal " and in same ship as u are after meds and biometrics i heard nothing since Jul and i applied in Feb,21 too ,,

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all , just noticed in my online account "application for spousal outland" my biometrucs says no need to get them done and in case we need them we will contact you where in fact it was already requested and done long time back and also i received an email saying its received,, however why it says in the online account that it isnt required instead of received and done ?!
If anyone had same issie or know please let me know
That line in the online status is almost completely unreliable, ignore it (it's only correct occasionally in the same way a broken clock is right twice a day).

Reactions: sumaiama

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hey there , my husband is sponsoring me and I love in UAE , I have applied since Feb , they received my Application on 15 Feb ,, got biometrics and Medicals so far done my application status is as medicals are passed since July now after that there was absolutely no update ,,, tbh it was a big struggle for me and husband as this is our second attempt first time it got rejected due to missing documents... I havent seen him for 2 years now and things aren't easy tbh ,,, we don't even know when we can hear anything back and what to plan or expect if you are planning to get engaged just get married right away and start the papers as it can take 2 years or less
Thanks Sumaiama - really appreciate your detailed response. I had heard its a challenge, but your case really clarifies the situation and long ques. I hope you hear back from CIC quickly and get together with your husband in BC soon.

Reactions: sumaiama

crystalmet

May 8, 2018
Hi all, I just got married and I want to sponsor my spouse. I am an Indian citizen here in BC as a PR and my spouse is working back in India as a software consultant focused on artificial intelligence. Here is what I think might work so far. any inputs are appreciated
1) apply for visitor visa under family separation. provide a letter of explanation saying that "its absolutely necessary that I live with my husband" to my wife, wait for her to come here and then apply for status adjustment. timeline for visitor visa ~150 days (shes already pissed)
2) apply for outland spousal PR (out of question as its ~12 months lol)
3) ask her company to send her here on deputation as it has done once before (shes opposed to that because she thinks its my responsibility to get her here and I kinda agree).

what do the knowledgeable people of the forum and the people going through similar experiences suggest? Thank you very much!! Absolutely any and every help is appreciated!

crystalmet

May 8, 2018
I need some advice specifically on INLAND sponsorship.

As previously mentioned, my Fiancée is a Kenyan national who resides in Europe on a work permit. We want to get married in Kenya because that’s where her whole family is. Does the following sequence of events make sense for her sponsorship?

1) She applies for Canadian visitor’s visa for tourism
2) We get married in Kenya
3) I gather all legal documents and relationship proof (dating/wedding pictures and phone records)
4) I come back to Canada first
5) She flies into Canada after me using the visitor’s visa
6) I submit her INLAND sponsorship application

My only area of concern here is – What will she tell the officer at the Airport when she is entering Canada if they ask her the reason for her visit? If she says she is going to visit me (her new husband), she may get turned away. How do I get her into Canada on a visitors visa after marriage for her Inland sponsorship without hiding the fact that she is visiting me and not some friend? I don’t want it to come back and bite us if IRCC asks why she didn’t declare she had a husband in Canada when she entered using a visitor’s visa.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hello,
Can I pick your brain in a private conversation? thank you!

Durn

Mar 10, 2019
Hi ,I have made a mistake in my Outland spousal application.The lawyer put tick mark for financial evaluation ,however we don’t have any child . They should have put N/A,I don’t know should I withdraw my application?

rav1448

Feb 8, 2021
Why Canada is rejecting spouse visitor visa while it is known that PR application will take more than year in most cases?
1. immigrantion officer will reject visitor visa of spouse stating I am not satisfied that applicant will return back due family ties in canada.
2. Immigration officer will take more than a year to give their decision on spousal sponsorship PR.

now by above two scenarios, Canadian Government is forcing newly weds couples to stay separate, will Canadian immigration Ministers will like if their sons or daughter are forced to stay separate? Where is family values in your laws?

Coming to next, as a applicant why we are not getting unite to form a group and raise the concern to immigration minister so that they can take a look into issue and find a solution like giving temporary visitor valid until decision made.

I created a thread to get unite & raise a concern to immigration minister .

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-visitor-visa-issue.748542/#post-9787492

Last edited:

Avas_india

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hi All,

I have submitted my Spousal Sponsorship application 10 days back, Can someone share the timelines of when we can expect some movements?

Like AOR1, AOR2 etc..,
Thanks.

sumaiama

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019
Hi All,

I have submitted my Spousal Sponsorship application 10 days back, Can someone share the timelines of when we can expect some movements?

Like AOR1, AOR2 etc..,
Thanks.
8lhi , i received my AOR1 after around 5 or 6 months cant exactly recall .. ii applied since Feb , biometrics request happened in June then meds in July and afterthat nothing,, i believe it can take 1 year to little more

Esty4Ademi

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Hello house pls I want to know how the process is when u submit your application pls anyone from Quebec do they request for Quebec selection? What are the stages
Thank you

sumaiama

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019
Hi , just wondering whether anyone received email from CIC saying they are still worming on their application and thats its normal ? As i received so and wondering whether that was just an automatic generated email as their website was down yesterday ?