Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
No need to change and I shouldn't think any issues.

She'll need to show the change of name document (which may be done by way of the marriage certificate/assumption of married name in Kenya, I don't know), and then the divorce documentation information.

If you should think there is some part of this that's unclear, include a short letter of explanation.

But apart from establishing that birth certificate her is the same person as all other documentation her (again, by way of marriage certificate, which should have her name before marriage and possibly also after), it sounds pretty normal - I don't think much you need to explain.

Do not need to justify or explain why she has not reverted to maiden name nor not taken your name yet.
Thank you Armoured!

mjaffer53

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
I need some advice specifically on INLAND sponsorship.

As previously mentioned, my Fiancée is a Kenyan national who resides in Europe on a work permit. We want to get married in Kenya because that’s where her whole family is. Does the following sequence of events make sense for her sponsorship?

1) She applies for Canadian visitor’s visa for tourism
2) We get married in Kenya
3) I gather all legal documents and relationship proof (dating/wedding pictures and phone records)
4) I come back to Canada first
5) She flies into Canada after me using the visitor’s visa
6) I submit her INLAND sponsorship application

My only area of concern here is – What will she tell the officer at the Airport when she is entering Canada if they ask her the reason for her visit? If she says she is going to visit me (her new husband), she may get turned away. How do I get her into Canada on a visitors visa after marriage for her Inland sponsorship without hiding the fact that she is visiting me and not some friend? I don’t want it to come back and bite us if IRCC asks why she didn’t declare she had a husband in Canada when she entered using a visitor’s visa.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: crystalmet

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My only area of concern here is – What will she tell the officer at the Airport when she is entering Canada if they ask her the reason for her visit? If she says she is going to visit me (her new husband), she may get turned away. How do I get her into Canada on a visitors visa after marriage for her Inland sponsorship without hiding the fact that she is visiting me and not some friend? I don’t want it to come back and bite us if IRCC asks why she didn’t declare she had a husband in Canada when she entered using a visitor’s visa.
Your first area of concern should be whether she will get the visitor's visa.

I think you're overthinking this part above - although she should tell the truth and not arrive with all of her worldly belongings, it's somewhat rare that they turn people away after a flight with a valid visitor's visa. She is arriving to visit, her husband, yes, and you haven't ruled out applying for PR status during her visit, but she will respect the terms of her visa and entry, including departing when required (this can include - but no need to bring it up at first arrival - requesting extensions later).

Answer questions truthfully and briefly, don't volunteer information. You will see the concept of dual intent mentioned sometimes - ignore it and don't mention it at border, it sounds like something a lawyer would say - but which is useful here in that having two goals (visiting and possibly applying under spousal sponsorship) is valid and not forbidden. The point being, chances are there will not be an issue made of it unless blatnatly clear that the only intent is to stay and your spouse does not need to feel guilty at border.

Having the visitor visa also important in that IRCC has made some judgment in advance on the issue and granted the visa - customs probably won't get into second-guessing that, including the intent to depart when required, unless they feel they have to for some reason.

Which brings us back to - get the visa first since your plans are dependent upon that.

Reactions: YVR123

mjaffer53

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Your first area of concern should be whether she will get the visitor's visa.

I think you're overthinking this part above - although she should tell the truth and not arrive with all of her worldly belongings, it's somewhat rare that they turn people away after a flight with a valid visitor's visa. She is arriving to visit, her husband, yes, and you haven't ruled out applying for PR status during her visit, but she will respect the terms of her visa and entry, including departing when required (this can include - but no need to bring it up at first arrival - requesting extensions later).

Answer questions truthfully and briefly, don't volunteer information. You will see the concept of dual intent mentioned sometimes - ignore it and don't mention it at border, it sounds like something a lawyer would say - but which is useful here in that having two goals (visiting and possibly applying under spousal sponsorship) is valid and not forbidden. The point being, chances are there will not be an issue made of it unless blatnatly clear that the only intent is to stay and your spouse does not need to feel guilty at border.

Having the visitor visa also important in that IRCC has made some judgment in advance on the issue and granted the visa - customs probably won't get into second-guessing that, including the intent to depart when required, unless they feel they have to for some reason.

Which brings us back to - get the visa first since your plans are dependent upon that.
For various reasons that i did not mention, i think she will have no issues obtaining a visitors visa. Thank you for your detailed input - glad to know the sequence of events seem reasonable.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

As previously mentioned, my Fiancée is a Kenyan national who resides in Europe on a work permit. We want to get married in Kenya because that’s where her whole family is. Does the following sequence of events make sense for her sponsorship?

3) I gather all legal documents and relationship proof (dating/wedding pictures and phone records)

Well, she will need to be truthful to the CSBA at the airport. She cannot lie. And it's fine visiting her husband.

You should just try to see if she can get a TRV first and worry about the rest later.
Some ppl get TRV, some don't.
She needs to show strong ties to home country.

mjaffer53

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Well, she will need to be truthful to the CSBA at the airport. She cannot lie. And it's fine visiting her husband.

You should just try to see if she can get a TRV first and worry about the rest later.
Some ppl get TRV, some don't.
She needs to show strong ties to home country.
Definitetly want to avoid lying. Thank you for your input YVR123.

Reactions: YVR123

sumaiama

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019

I have sent a webform before about same question whether i can enter witha visitor visa while i have outland application still under process they replied that its totally okay however you need to be clear about it when entering canada and officer asks about it she need to let them now she has a dual intent,, that was their answer when i asked in the webform ,, it shouldnt he an issue since they are already aware and they say its okay and she can have dual intent

anniegreat

Jul 26, 2021
@armoured I will need your advise I contribution on this ,or anyone here who can thanks
I applied for spousal sponsorship in March 2021 , so I had temporary application for Open work permit application which I did upfront medical in june ,so I also submitted the medical to spousal sponsorship application I already had , the open work permit application was refused because my spouse is a permanent residence in Canada and am Outland , so for the spousal sponsorship application the medical I submitted in June was passed in July 29 and July 26th I was ask to pay for right of permanent residence fee which I did same day , I already had biometrics so I submitted it with my application,since then no word from ircc but in September 17 we sent a message and they responded that the application is currently under review , then in October 17th my spouse contacted MP and mp responded with
The following is IRCC’s verbal feedback regarding the PR spousal sponsorship application:

Criminality and security checks in progress
Eligibility for sponsor passed
Medical passed
No outstanding document requests
Application is within a normal processing time

Please what do you think is PPR close ,I hope to hear from you, I see you have been very helpful on the forum thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Please what do you think is PPR close ,I hope to hear from you, I see you have been very helpful on the forum thanks
It all seems in normal processing time despite the confusion, no way to say when PPR might be.

Order gcms notes if you'd like more info, but quite possible it won't provide much more than what you already have.

Again - so far it's in normal timeframe.

Reactions: anniegreat

anniegreat

Jul 26, 2021
Than
It all seems in normal processing time despite the confusion, no way to say when PPR might be.

Order gcms notes if you'd like more info, but quite possible it won't provide much more than what you already have.

Again - so far it's in normal timeframe.

Thanks hopefully I hear from them soon. ..

sumaiama

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019
Hi all , just noticed in my online account "application for spousal outland" my biometrucs says no need to get them done and in case we need them we will contact you where in fact it was already requested and done long time back and also i received an email saying its received,, however why it says in the online account that it isnt required instead of received and done ?!
If anyone had same issie or know please let me know