+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
Does the US marriage certificate need to be apostilled to be submitted for Spousal Visa application?
Read the instructions. As far as I'm aware though, they say photocopies are sufficient if the original docs are in English or French. Don't know if there are specific instructions for USA.

Huntingwhale

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Hi , just wondering whether anyone received email from CIC saying they are still worming on their application and thats its normal ? As i received so and wondering whether that was just an automatic generated email as their website was down yesterday ?
I got that a couple days ago. Nothing to update from them other than we are not forgotten :)

Reactions: sumaiama

bleh.bleh

Jul 31, 2019
Hello,

We had some questions in regards to Form 0008 (general form) It asks for a UCI number but my husband (primary applicant) was not sure if he should put the number that he received on his study permit as a UCI for the PR application? Can he put the study permit number as the UCI? Second, since he did his biometrics for his study permit in 2019 (valid for 10 years) does he need to redo his biometrics as a primary applicant applying for PR? Third, in the form IMM5532, Part C, does he need to put down his fathers second cousin who is a Canadian citizen? As this is not a close relation (second cousin once removed) we were not sure if he should be included as a relative on the form?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

We had some questions in regards to Form 0008 (general form) It asks for a UCI number but my husband (primary applicant) was not sure if he should put the number that he received on his study permit as a UCI for the PR application? Can he put the study permit number as the UCI? Second, since he did his biometrics for his study permit in 2019 (valid for 10 years) does he need to redo his biometrics as a primary applicant applying for PR? Third, in the form IMM5532, Part C, does he need to put down his fathers second cousin who is a Canadian citizen? As this is not a close relation (second cousin once removed) we were not sure if he should be included as a relative on the form?
UCI number is UCI number, use only that. It is supposed to be unique for an applicant for entire life.

Right now IRCC is letting old biometrics be used as part of covid response (reduce stuff). But my suggestion would be to pay for biometrics (it's $85) and IRCC will typically refund if not needed. (The thing that seems to happen sometimes is IRCC asks for biometrics fee to be paid before anyone realises it is not needed, and then it's kind of in limbo for a bit)

Dont' know about the second cousin but doubt it.

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Why Canada is rejecting spouse visitor visa while it is known that PR application will take more than year in most cases?
1. immigrantion officer will reject visitor visa of spouse stating I am not satisfied that applicant will return back due family ties in canada.
2. Immigration officer will take more than a year to give their decision on spousal sponsorship PR.

now by above two scenarios, Canadian Government is forcing newly weds couples to stay separate, will Canadian immigration Ministers will like if their sons or daughter are forced to stay separate? Where is family values in your laws?

Coming to next, as a applicant why we are not getting unite to form a group and raise the concern to immigration minister so that they can take a look into issue and find a solution like giving temporary visitor valid until decision made.

I created a thread to get unite & raise a concern to immigration minister .

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-visitor-visa-issue.748542/#post-9787492
I am with you on this....Joining the thread ASAP.

Janet A

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Good day everyone. Please can someone help, what is the significance of dependants having UCI before applying?
1. Does it make the application fast ?
2. Those of you that applied with UCI was your application fast or still the same 12 months?
Thanks in anticipation.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Good day everyone. Please can someone help, what is the significance of dependants having UCI before applying?
1. Does it make the application fast ?
2. Those of you that applied with UCI was your application fast or still the same 12 months?
Thanks in anticipation.
It is like the nose or fingers of each human being. Everybody got their noses that makes them unique and we can identify you by how your nose looks like and but all noses are not the same. It distinguishes you and makes you different but that doesn't mean your nose will make you become the president or prime Minister without election via popular vote....Your Unique Client Identifier or identification is your nose that makes you different in immigration matters but that doesn't mean having UCI which everybody have will make your application faster....Yes, between 1-12 or even more...Although they are your dependents but they have a nose so they must also be identified by Canada through IRCC.....It is a must! If you were never born in Canada and wants to come to Canada whoever you are , big, small, old etc must have a UCI...Hope that helps

Last edited:

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello,

That UCI will always be the one for you.....Anytime your application runs through IRCC system by name, country of birth and date of birth that UCI will pop up....Even if you don't use it, IRCC system will still identify him with that former UCI....It is for him and they will always identify him by that

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I need some advice specifically on INLAND sponsorship.

As previously mentioned, my Fiancée is a Kenyan national who resides in Europe on a work permit. We want to get married in Kenya because that’s where her whole family is. Does the following sequence of events make sense for her sponsorship?

1) She applies for Canadian visitor’s visa for tourism
2) We get married in Kenya
3) I gather all legal documents and relationship proof (dating/wedding pictures and phone records)
4) I come back to Canada first
5) She flies into Canada after me using the visitor’s visa
6) I submit her INLAND sponsorship application

My only area of concern here is – What will she tell the officer at the Airport when she is entering Canada if they ask her the reason for her visit? If she says she is going to visit me (her new husband), she may get turned away. How do I get her into Canada on a visitors visa after marriage for her Inland sponsorship without hiding the fact that she is visiting me and not some friend? I don’t want it to come back and bite us if IRCC asks why she didn’t declare she had a husband in Canada when she entered using a visitor’s visa.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Just say family unification or family reunion and you are good!! Nothing else!!

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I appreciate any information or feedback regarding my questions and confusions below. Any help will be grateful.

I'm trying to apply inland Spouse Sponsorship together with the Open Work Permit.
I found the paper form with document checklist from Canada.ca (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/apply-paper.html).
  1. On IMM5556 checklist, it has listed a few conditions, none of which applies to our situation - inland Spouse Sponsorship, my spouse is not a student or holder of a work permit but a PR in Canada and we are living together, and my current status is a visitor. Does it mean I only need to provide whatever is applicable under Forms List and Documents List?
  2. I was reading guide 5553, it stated I need to provide "evidence that you meet the requirements of the job, possibly including specific educational requirements and a valid Canadian provincial or territorial trade certificate," is it a must for Open Work Permit with the Spouse Sponsorship? If so, what do I need to provide? Like work letter from previous company or Master degree diploma to be certified by WES or organizations like that?
Thank you guys.
You are exempted from all these....Just provide all you have like the job you've done, and education and tell it like it is.....You are receiving the OWP not on your merit but on your spouses merit but meeting the conditions ir required but IRCC won't deny you because you don't have work experience or the educational background....don't messed the two applications up....sponsorship paper work is not the same as OWP so know the difference. Just don't lie and provide every real and true copies of work and education you have and you should be fine.....Usually letters from previous employers are not relevant but you just have them and if they ask then you provide.....make sure you tell every little truth and you will be fine!!

Last edited:

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thank you for that input! Just wanted to add that after our vacation out of Canada in Dec, I will be back and my husband will be staying in Canada with me for 5months then travel for 2 weeks, come back again for 5months, out for 2 weeks. So basically he will spend at least 10.5 months out of 12 in 2022 in Canada. Do you still think Inland PR sponsorship is not possible?

Apart from that had other questions:
1. Once we start the application inland/outland, can I (Sponsor) leave Canada for few months? Is there a limit of days I can go out of Canada?
2. Does the Spousal PR application get any points based on work experience of the person being sponsored?
3. Is there a way to share details of any immigration law firm that you or someone you know have had a good experience with on this?
You are free...is not a bad thing....the vacations are not too long so you are good

Janet A

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
It is like the nose or fingers of each human being. Everybody got their noses that makes them unique and we can identify you by how your nose looks like and but all noses are not the same. It distinguishes she's and males you different but that doenst mean your nose will make you become the president or prime Minister without election via popular vote....Your Unique Client Identifier or identification is your nose that makes you different in immigration applications but that doesn't mean having UCI which everybody have will make your application faster....Yes, between 1-12 or even more...Although they are your dependents but they have a nose so they must also be identified by Canada through IRCC.....It is must! If you were never born in Canada and wants to come to Canada whoever you are big, small, old must have a UCI...Hope that helps
Thank you for the detailed explanation.

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
It is like the nose or fingers of each human being. Everybody got their noses that makes them unique and we can identify you by how your nose looks like and but all noses are not the same. It distinguishes you and makes you different but that doesn't mean your nose will make you become the president or prime Minister without election via popular vote....Your Unique Client Identifier or identification is your nose that makes you different in immigration matters but that doesn't mean having UCI which everybody have will make your application faster....Yes, between 1-12 or even more...Although they are your dependents but they have a nose so they must also be identified by Canada through IRCC.....It is a must! If you were never born in Canada and wants to come to Canada whoever you are , big, small, old etc must have a UCI...Hope that helps
I like the nose explanations...Funny though

Reactions: sumaiama

alienstorm

Apr 19, 2020
Hi.

Does this mean that the decision has been made? - "IRCC London - Passport submission request and instructions "

I only received this letter by email , but the status of the application has not changed anywhere.

Thank you.