+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
I think these sections and numbers are completely wrong, do check.
Here is the letter I got, it shows these sections and subsections. As I understand, it's a long way of saying that they want more proof that I will be moving back to Canada. Does it give you any more insight on if it's a big problem?

edit: removed photo

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Here is the letter I got, it shows these sections and subsections. As I understand, it's a long way of saying that they want more proof that I will be moving back to Canada. Does it give you any more insight on if it's a big problem?
Ah, now I understand the numbers.

I don't know if this is meaningfully different from procedural fairness letter (at least from perspective they could refuse if not satisfied). I could attempt to read between tealeaves of the few of these I've heard/seen cited, but I suspect could just be small differences in which version of form letter used.

So one point - note that there is a different font used to type the year since which you've been living outside Canada.

To me that says: this is a form letter in which very little has been personalized, possibly some standard procedure.

Also: address specifically the length of time you have been abroad and why returning now. Ideally with documents/evidence, or at least in letter/narrative, since that is the only thing they seem to have personalized.

tusharn

Jul 29, 2021
Hi guys, I just applied for spouse sponsorship for inland spouse who is currently on visitor visa in Canada. Can we visit another country for couple weeks while the application is in process?
Any impact on the processing or SOWP filed along with the application?

soodyassh

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Hello friends !!!

PA in India
I m Canadian PR

I have applied Outland spousal application as
Applied - 4 Dec 2020
App received - 11 Dec 2020
AOR - 5 Feb 2021
Biometric req. - 16 Feb 2021
Medical request - 19 Feb 2021
Biometric given - 21 Feb 2021
Medical submitted - 23 Feb 2021
Spousal Approval Letter - 25 Feb 2021
Biometric passed - 26 Feb 2021
Medical Passed - 5 March 2021
ECAS shows we started processing your file as on 19 March 2021.
I speak to IRCC and they said file is transferred to Beijing VO.
Recently, I speak to CIC and they said file transferred from Beijing to NDVO on JULY 07, 2021.

No updates after that. I feel little impatient now.
Any Opinions how much time it took from here would be appreciated.
thanks you friends in advance

Reactions: Writer007

esam99

Nov 4, 2020

edit: removed photo
try the following as well:
  • evidence of asset transfer to canada to prepare for your return
  • school arrangement for your kids (if you have any)
  • bank documentation showing accounts opened in Canada or closed in your current residence
  • receipts for sale of personal effects abroad, such as a vehicle, or furniture

Ahmed yar

Apr 17, 2020
Hai Everyone,
I received passport submission request yesterday, can anyone tell me how much time it will take to complete the procedure .

bleh.bleh

Jul 31, 2019
Hello,

I had a question about my name, My legal name has an apostrophe in it, eg D'souza, but on my Indian passport, the apostrophe is replaced with a space, as the Indian passports do not accept apostrophes, as such when I fill up forms, and they ask for my name, do I include my legal name or the name on my passport, even though it isn't actually correct?

Cheers!

sumaiama

Star Member
Nov 23, 2019
Hello,

I had a question about my name, My legal name has an apostrophe in it, eg D'souza, but on my Indian passport, the apostrophe is replaced with a space, as the Indian passports do not accept apostrophes, as such when I fill up forms, and they ask for my name, do I include my legal name or the name on my passport, even though it isn't actually correct?

Cheers!
Hey , i jad kinda similar situation in which my name on passport was different than my reaidency and initially submitted papers then they told me the miss spilling and small chages does not affect application name spelling and they will follow passport anyway.. hope this helps ! U can also send them a web form they should reply just to make sure

Reactions: bleh.bleh

bleh.bleh

Jul 31, 2019
Hey , i jad kinda similar situation in which my name on passport was different than my reaidency and initially submitted papers then they told me the miss spilling and small chages does not affect application name spelling and they will follow passport anyway.. hope this helps ! U can also send them a web form they should reply just to make sure
thanks for your response, I just got off a call with IRCC and explained my situation, they mentioned that I can write a letter of explanation stating that India doesn't allow for apostrophes in your name (which is true, cause boy did I try to get it included) and as such the name spelt on my passport doesn't really match (even though its a minor detail) my legal name. I think I could also ask them to consult my birth certificate and PCC for my correct name. Plus all the id I have received in Canada have my correct name on it, so they can refer that, should they require proof.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
thanks for your response, I just got off a call with IRCC and explained my situation, they mentioned that I can write a letter of explanation stating that India doesn't allow for apostrophes in your name (which is true, cause boy did I try to get it included) and as such the name spelt on my passport doesn't really match (even though its a minor detail) my legal name. I think I could also ask them to consult my birth certificate and PCC for my correct name. Plus all the id I have received in Canada have my correct name on it, so they can refer that, should they require proof.
I believe the international standards for passports (ICAO) do not allow apostrophes so it is not specific to India. This is not uncommon worldwide so you should not have any big troubles. A short letter of explanation will be fine.

hooman94

Nov 18, 2020
Hello guys, I have a question about the situation after landing. I would like to ask you whether it is possible to land Canada after getting visa and COPR and then leave canada after some days before getting the PR card.
And can I give my friend address in Canada to send for him my PR card and then he mails me the card while I am outside of Canada?
Also if my visa expires and I do not land, is it possible to enter Canada after some months with PRTD?

Thank you for your replies in advance.

dream_on_7

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
I’ve got my PR and about to land in Canada on Dec
Have been engaged and planning to come back in Jan and get married.
Should I apply for Visitor visa for my to be wife now and then apply for spousal after getting married?

jsapra

Feb 24, 2021
How important is it to add a spouse's name on the passport for a PR spousal sponsorship(Outland-India) application?

I am in a dilemma because adding a spouse's name will lead to the reissue of passport which is time-consuming and I will also have to reapply for a new PCC after getting a new passport number. Also, my General IELTS Exam Score will become null and void after the new passport issue On the other hand, my lawyer is saying that it's better if I could update it because it's important relationship proof.

Please advise.
Thanks!

barbieissy

Oct 16, 2021
Just checked gckey and the same update since october and decided to check ecas..lo and behold
Timeline
Inland with dependant
Mailed Nov 2020
AOR Feb 2021
Biometrics request April 2021(paid for never did as i had one on file)
Medical July 2021
Additional doc August 2021
Medical passed Oct 2021
Prearrival Oct 2021
SA Oct 2021
DM today Nov 2021
Ecopr portal today