+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Nav Brar3323

Sep 15, 2021
Hey guys got my medical and biometrics done two months ago , got pre arrival letter from VO ottawa before getting my biometrics done. My paid representative is in coma right now due to some health issues. I have been trying calling nd emailing him nd couldn't get in contact with him . I was expecting my ppr by now so i am worried how can i get my ppr . What can be the possible solutions for this ?? Shall i link my file to my account ?? Thanks in advance .

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey guys got my medical and biometrics done two months ago , got pre arrival letter from VO ottawa before getting my biometrics done. My paid representative is in coma right now due to some health issues. I have been trying calling nd emailing him nd couldn't get in contact with him . I was expecting my ppr by now so i am worried how can i get my ppr . What can be the possible solutions for this ?? Shall i link my file to my account ?? Thanks in advance .
You can try calling iRCC.

If you have a paid representative, surely they have other people in their firm/office?

If not, you can revoke the rep and proceed yourself, but obviously after that you would be without the support of that rep.

stephaniekh

Aug 30, 2021
My husband and I submitted the (outland US) application to sponsor/for permanent residence last week. On all of the paperwork, we used my maiden name because that is currently my legal name and what all of our documents have listed. However, I want to change my name to my married name now, but I'm worried that it may cause problems for the PR application if my name is suddenly different than it was when we submitted the application. Thoughts or advice??

Naebae

Sep 16, 2021
My husband and I submitted the (outland US) application to sponsor/for permanent residence last week. On all of the paperwork, we used my maiden name because that is currently my legal name and what all of our documents have listed. However, I want to change my name to my married name now, but I'm worried that it may cause problems for the PR application if my name is suddenly different than it was when we submitted the application. Thoughts or advice??
You can go ahead with a change of name, just make sure you have all the documents for the process then you will raise a web form afterwards to upload all the said documents. In my case, we used my passport that had my maiden name and that was the only document that had a different name. When then new one was ready we uploaded the data page of my new passport, a court affidavit stating that I have changed my name and all previous documents are still valid and the newspaper publication page that showed the change of name declaration. It was all acknowledged and my new name was updated after sometime.

Nav Brar3323

Sep 15, 2021
You can try calling iRCC.

If you have a paid representative, surely they have other people in their firm/office?

If not, you can revoke the rep and proceed yourself, but obviously after that you would be without the support of that rep.
Thank u so much .He is the only one working without any other member under him.so i will try calling ircc.

GillGifty

May 6, 2021
Hello All,

I am Canadian citizen .
I applied for Family class application (Sponsor and dependent child) Nov 8,2020 in Canada .
My sponsor and child in India now.

Application Received :Nov 12,2020
Application number: April 21,2021
Medical Test Done : 12 July
Biometric Done : 13 Aug

I tried many times to link an application on GCKey account. But I failed.
How can I check the biometric status….?

stephaniekh

Aug 30, 2021
You can go ahead with a change of name, just make sure you have all the documents for the process then you will raise a web form afterwards to upload all the said documents. In my case, we used my passport that had my maiden name and that was the only document that had a different name. When then new one was ready we uploaded the data page of my new passport, a court affidavit stating that I have changed my name and all previous documents are still valid and the newspaper publication page that showed the change of name declaration. It was all acknowledged and my new name was updated after sometime.
Awesome, thank you so much! Fingers crossed!

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Hello All,

I am Canadian citizen .
I applied for Family class application (Sponsor and dependent child) Nov 8,2020 in Canada .
My sponsor and child in India now.

Application Received :Nov 12,2020
Application number: April 21,2021
Medical Test Done : 12 July
Biometric Done : 13 Aug

I tried many times to link an application on GCKey account. But I failed.
How can I check the biometric status….?
you are a citizen, yet you have a sponsor whose in india?!
something is wrong

Sometheway

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
My first note text says,Granted: Reassessment has been granted and new medical certificate with a validity of 12 months.

On the second note text says: Clearances review conducted, wait result Criminality-RCMP fingerprint certificate request sent, wait response police.

can anyone explains what this means?

jedh-p

Jul 31, 2021
Hello. Spousal Sponsorship outside Canada - the recent update on the Client Application Status online tool for my husband's spousal sponsorship is We sent you a letter on September 16, 2021. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. We are waiting still for his Biometrics instruction, they sent out and instruction to pay for it August 24, we paid the fee August 25. He is done with his medical too. Could this be the biometrics? and will it literally be via Mail and not Email?
We cannot link his paper application to his online account as it keeps saying No application is found. Please help.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I applied for my husband to come to canda in October 2019. My application came back 2 times because of a few mistakes. I sent everything back and they received his application on may 1, 2020. On dec 3,2019 they started processing his application for sponsorship. They asked for a police clearance On dec 4 2019 I also received an application number. I sent his police clearance on the end of January 2021. On may 13 2021 the sponsorship application was approved. On may 14 2021 they asked for him to get a medical examination done and he did I submitted it on May 23 2021
For the PR application they received it on may 1 2020. They started processing the PR application on June 29 2021. Then the payments changed so I paied the difference. ($10) The last thing they asked me was $500. But I already paid for it in the beginning when I submitted the application the first time. so I sent them the receipt as proof. Now I’m waiting for a response I’m not too sure what the next step is. But if someone can tell me or help me out that would be wonderful. Thank You
Processing officers can frustrate the hell out of you and even cause your blood pressure to have issues....

So when you give them something to work on and for your own good and health sake, just let their own time take it full course....

Always be ready that, if IRCC comes in with your applications, all hell starts breaking loose.....

And hey, in case you don't know, this is Canadian immigration we are talking about here and nobody can tell them what to do and they do things in their own timing as to when , how, what, who, which etc and all that matters in decision making..

So you don't have any say or even a right here...so just enjoy the ride to be frustrated if you want to apply for anything.....

It is their call! And how dare you to try to mess up with their timing in decision making? Didn't somebody tell you before committing yourself by trying to apply for anything? In fact, you have no right.

They have the last and final say. It is like they are the gods and lords who makes up when something should happen for somebody.

Forget about your feelings in the presence of processing officers because they have the final say on your matters in your life.

So please, somebody, please tell someone to tell another that if they meet another person, they should tell them to tell another person they also meet that, they also should tell someone etc that, with IRCC your timeline, health risk and feeling etc are all irrelevant until they decides and what needs to happen in your matters in infront of them in the name of application!!

A story we all sing songs about!!

Hmmm!!

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Please I want to make a confirmation. If i fill my application 3 months before submitting my application. Will it in any way affect my spousal sponsorship application?

jedh-p

Jul 31, 2021
Please I want to make a confirmation. If i fill my application 3 months before submitting my application. Will it in any way affect my spousal sponsorship application?
Forms are always changing. It is better to always check the website if there is any updated ones before submitting. I remember I had to redo two of the forms as they changed, this was a week before I submitted.