+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

jedh-p

Jul 31, 2021
Assuming you provided an email address on your application the sponsor will get an email when they start processing it. Processing seems to be happening faster these days, you should have it within a couple of months.
Yes, we did provide our email address. Oh okay! So the first email we will get is when they start processing right? which might be in a couple months?

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
hello everyone, would really appreciate if anyone could assist me.

I am a permanent resident and would like to sponsor my wife. But I’m currently working remotely from outside of Canada for a Canadian company (paying taxes and getting paid in my Canadian bank account) is it possible for me to sponsor my wife from outside of Canada or do I have to be physically present in Canada to sponsor her.
If you are a permanent resident and living outside, I understand you can't sponsor anyone until you come inside Canada but anyone who is a Canadian can do that but even with that, they must prove to IRCC they will be present when the person gets his PR

Geraldi78

Aug 1, 2021
July 2020 inland. AOR received in February and medical passed in April. Request for additional proof of relationship and to pay right of permanent resident fee was requested July 3rd. No SA/AIP… today the sponsor has “decision made” is that a good sign? no emails were received yet and applicant still says “in process”…. I keep over thinking :confused:

Cinderella_2020

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hey guys my husband is coming soon and he took Johnson&Johnson vaccine as mentioned he doesn’t have to hotel qurantine? But i don’t know if they will accept the vaccination card From Afghanistan?

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hello, I'm about to submit sponsorship application for my wife, she did visitor visa request in 2020 and therefore she submitted her biometrics and got letter stating that her biometrics are valid for 10 years, but now when i search for her biometrics on IRCC website i couldn't find it, shall i pay again for her biometrics or submit letter as proof that biometrics are valid for 10 years? Thank you
Your wife will do biometrics again for spousal sponsirship...

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hello i'm Canadian PR, i just made a sponsorship application for my wife and now I'm about to make TRV for her, do i need to include past 6 months bank statement in her TRV application ? thank you
Most applicationa now are being approved in 6 months.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hey guys my husband is coming soon and he took Johnson&Johnson vaccine as mentioned he doesn’t have to hotel qurantine? But i don’t know if they will accept the vaccination card From Afghanistan?
You are correct about the hotel but the proof of vaccination has to be in english, french or translated.

"If you received your vaccines outside Canada, it’s still accepted but proof of vaccination must be uploaded digitally in ArriveCAN and must only be in French or English, or certified translation into French or English."

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

Last edited:

AT90

Jul 20, 2021
Need Some help please
Can I travel abroad for two or three months to see my child first time while sponsorship application in process, Thank you all!

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
July 2020 inland. AOR received in February and medical passed in April. Request for additional proof of relationship and to pay right of permanent resident fee was requested July 3rd. No SA/AIP… today the sponsor has “decision made” is that a good sign? no emails were received yet and applicant still says “in process”…. I keep over thinking :confused:
I think it is a good sign.
What did you provide for additional proof of relationship?

PayalD91

Jul 20, 2020
Hi all - If I have submitted Application to Sponsor a spouse as a PR first, and I become Canadian Citizen before/after the application is approved, do we need to re-apply to become a Sponsor as a Citizen again? My concern is that a PR Sponsor has to stay within Canada whereas a Citizen Sponsor can live anywhere across the world.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all - If I have submitted Application to Sponsor a spouse as a PR first, and I become Canadian Citizen before/after the application is approved, do we need to re-apply to become a Sponsor as a Citizen again? My concern is that a PR Sponsor has to stay within Canada whereas a Citizen Sponsor can live anywhere across the world.
No, you don't need to re-apply. Would be a good idea to update ircc with your citizenship info once citizenship received.

Note that while a citizen-sponsor can reside with their spouse while waiting, they are often asked to show evidence they will return to canada with their spouse. In practice if you become a citizen durng the process would make sense to treat as a visit (partly in hopes it will not take that long).

Reactions: PayalD91

AT90

Jul 20, 2021
Need Some help please
Can I travel abroad for two or three months to see my child first time while sponsorship application in process, Thank you all!
Never Mind Guys, Finally got a Cic Agent on line, he advised me it’s completely fine go abroad to spent time with my family since I applied on the Outland stream... Thank god!!