+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
need urgent help.

My wife first wife sent me a declaration of divorce in 2017 and I never sponsor my first wife. i never went to the court for my first marriage dissolution (because i was living in canada but she sent me a declaration of divorce by post. now this is my second marriage and I am sponsoring my second wife . I submitted the declaration of divorce which one i got it from first wife with the PR application in february, 2020 to dpondor my second wife. but yesterday i got the email and they asked to submit divorce certificate.
now they asking three document , complete divorce petition, judgement, and final divorce decree.

i do not what to do. please help me i have one month to submit the divorce decree.

thank you in advance, i am too tense now, plz help me

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
need urgent help.

My wife first wife sent me a declaration of divorce in 2017 and I never sponsor my first wife. i never went to the court for my first marriage dissolution (because i was living in canada but she sent me a declaration of divorce by post. now this is my second marriage and I am sponsoring my second wife . I submitted the declaration of divorce which one i got it from first wife with the PR application in february, 2020 to dpondor my second wife. but yesterday i got the email and they asked to submit divorce certificate.
now they asking three document , complete divorce petition, judgement, and final divorce decree.

i do not what to do. please help me i have one month to submit the divorce decree.

thank you in advance, i am too tense now, plz help me
You need a lawyer to help you prove and document that you were legally divorced.in India.

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi all. Wondering if someone has had a similar experience: checked the SA application status through the online tool, and both Sponsorship application and Permanent Residence Application Status have "decision made" underneath. When you click on the "Permanent Residence" one, it just describes all the steps my documents have gone through, the last is that they received my medical. Nothing about the decision.
When we log in with PA's details, it also says "Decision Made".
GCKey status hasn't changed, last update says they received my medical results.
We still don't have AOR2 (although we received a notification along with the sponsor's approval that the documents are going to the London visa office).
We did receive the pre-arrival letter (out of turn, before my medical).
We also don't know when this status changed as we haven't logged in in a couple of weeks, since there were no email updates.

Could this "Decision Made" message be wrong?
Also, how do you know the date when the status has changed? I can's see a date in the online tool.
Would appreciate your advice.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all. Wondering if someone has had a similar experience: checked the SA application status through the online tool, and both Sponsorship application and Permanent Residence Application Status have "decision made" underneath. When you click on the "Permanent Residence" one, it just describes all the steps my documents have gone through, the last is that they received my medical. Nothing about the decision.
When we log in with PA's details, it also says "Decision Made".
GCKey status hasn't changed, last update says they received my medical results.
We still don't have AOR2 (although we received a notification along with the sponsor's approval that the documents are going to the London visa office).
We did receive the pre-arrival letter (out of turn, before my medical).
We also don't know when this status changed as we haven't logged in in a couple of weeks, since there were no email updates.

Could this "Decision Made" message be wrong?
Also, how do you know the date when the status has changed? I can's see a date in the online tool.
Would appreciate your advice.
This is all pretty normal. Since you haven't mentioned dates, hard to say more.

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Moved quickly so far, most of the rest is waiting.
That's why I am questioning it and wondering if this happens this early in the process. I feel like there has been some kind of mistake, since there was no email from IRCC or the visa office.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
That's why I am questioning it and wondering if this happens this early in the process. I feel like there has been some kind of mistake, since there was no email from IRCC or the visa office.
There was no email except for the medical and the pre-arrival ? Don't overthink it.

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
You need a lawyer to help you prove and document that you were legally divorced.in India.
sorry i missed to mention that the letter is for my wife name, on the top it was mentioned my wife name (applicant). my wife never married before. this is her first marriage. why they are asking on my wife name??
one more thing they never mention that divorce certificate for spouse but they only mention that divorce certificate.

--- S A S (applicant name )
two points in IRCC letter

1)medical request
2)divorce letter ?? i am asking divorce letter for who?? for sponsor or for applicant?

Last edited:

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
My point was that your "we have not received any emails" complaint or question is only true if you ... exclude the emails that you did receive.
Well, of course. We haven't received an emails pertaining to the latest development (change of status to "decision made"). We did receive other emails.
I am not complaining, just trying toward out how the process works and what this update means.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Well, of course. We haven't received an emails pertaining to the latest development (change of status to "decision made"). We did receive other emails.
I am not complaining, just trying toward out how the process works and what this update means.
There are no decision made emails.

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Hello,
Firstly, thank you in advance for addressing my questions.

I and my spouse moved to Canada for higher studies. Completed->Got PGWP-> I got my PR-> sponsored my spouse for PR-> spouse got PR in July 2021.
In September, 2021 I will eligible to apply for citizenship. My question is can I add my spouse in my application eventhough he hasn’t completed the 3years time period after PR yet?
Thank you!