+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

bubu_j

May 25, 2021
Hi guys! I just realized IRCC called me about two days ago which I missed. I only found this out when I checked my voicemail yesterday. The voicemail read that I was sent a mail for a confirmation portal on July 21 which I did not receive at all. Is there anyone with this experience? What do you think I should do in this situation as I tried calling the number back but no response till it got disconnected?

rajp10

Mar 27, 2021
Hi
I have submit PR file for me and my spouse last week 22th july 2021 I am in canada on work permit and my wife is in india. Currently they are not giving COPR to outland dependent. I have 1 year and 2 months left in my work permit. Should i apply work permit for my wife? Or don't need to apply for work permit.

How much it will take time to get her work permit?

I have only 1 year left in my work permit so how much i have chances to get my wife's work permit?

Applicants like me join me in this chat please. Help me if know any solutions.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
I have submit PR file for me and my spouse last week 22th july 2021 I am in canada on work permit and my wife is in india. Currently they are not giving COPR to outland dependent. I have 1 year and 2 months left in my work permit. Should i apply work permit for my wife? Or don't need to apply for work permit.

How much it will take time to get her work permit?

I have only 1 year left in my work permit so how much i have chances to get my wife's work permit?

Applicants like me join me in this chat please. Help me if know any solutions.
You need to post your question to the Foreign Workers section of the forum.

Reactions: YVR123

omatthews

Star Member
Oct 18, 2020
Anyone else waiting for PPR after DM for many months? My file is it Ottawa VO. I got DM on March 8, 2021 and it has been silence since. Already submitted multiple webforms, tried emailing Ottawa VO directly, called the call center, got MP involved and ordered GCMS notes. Nothing has helped...

I am USA applicant and sponsor is Canadian citizen. Timeline is-
App rec March 23 2020
AOR Nov 2020
Medical Dec 2020
Biometric March 2021
DM March 8, 2021

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi guys! I just realized IRCC called me about two days ago which I missed. I only found this out when I checked my voicemail yesterday. The voicemail read that I was sent a mail for a confirmation portal on July 21 which I did not receive at all. Is there anyone with this experience? What do you think I should do in this situation as I tried calling the number back but no response till it got disconnected?
Send a web form advising you didn't receive the letter that was mentioned and keep your phone on, they might call you back!!

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
Pardon the question, if it is a silly one, but does anyone know if it matters which province the principal applicant lands in?
i.e. He will be living in Québec, but it would be easier to quarantine in Ontario.
We have a place that would cost nothing and would be isolated from others.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Pardon the question, if it is a silly one, but does anyone know if it matters which province the principal applicant lands in?
i.e. He will be living in Québec, but it would be easier to quarantine in Ontario.
We have a place that would cost nothing and would be isolated from others.
No, it makes no difference. If no hotel quarantine required then can go directly to where they will do their 14 day quarantine, whether that is at the POE or their destination.

Reactions: LeaAmbrose

LeaAmbrose

Star Member
Feb 21, 2021
Québec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......
14-01-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
File Transfer...
26-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
28-07-2021
No, it makes no difference. If no hotel quarantine required then can go directly to where they will do their 14 day quarantine, whether that is at the POE or their destination.
Thank you for the response.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

T27

Star Member
Jun 3, 2021
does anyone know why some people who receive pre-arrival get ppr between 3-7 days while some are waiting weeks and months? ( Same visa office as well in some cases)
Any reason?

KATHIA08

Jun 15, 2020
Hello group

I have a question:

If someone has filed and reported their taxes (NOA), but has not paid them yet, does that affect the sponsor's application to be eligible?

Thanks,

jedh-p

Jul 31, 2021
Hello! I am new here. I sent my husband's application (Husband resides in Philippines, I in Canada) last month. The courier said it has been delivered, I am so confused on what will happen after they received the application? Will will be getting acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) in my email or my husband's? or letter?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello group

I have a question:

If someone has filed and reported their taxes (NOA), but has not paid them yet, does that affect the sponsor's application to be eligible?

Thanks,
I don't think it matters whether it has been paid, only matters that you provide the NOA.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello! I am new here. I sent my husband's application (Husband resides in Philippines, I in Canada) last month. The courier said it has been delivered, I am so confused on what will happen after they received the application? Will will be getting acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) in my email or my husband's? or letter?
Assuming you provided an email address on your application the sponsor will get an email when they start processing it. Processing seems to be happening faster these days, you should have it within a couple of months.

Reactions: jedh-p