+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
As PR you don't need to enter your travel history at all
Thank you and sorry for asking same thing multiple times.

Last 2 questions,

1. For sponsor's job & address history.. in table, for "TO" column, what to mention for current job & address ?
2. For Form 5669, at bottom, there's a box for signature, does PA need to type the full name only ? or name followed by signature ?

Last edited:

Sharif4386

Oct 24, 2020
Sent a inquiry to LVO and this was the reply :

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

Please submit your enquiry related to your application via our website’s case specific inquiry form, by selecting your program as the application type.

This will allow your enquiry to be triaged to the office responsible for the processing of your application, who are best placed to review your enquiry and provide you with a timely response.

Has anyone received this kind of message ?
They are basically asking to send inquires via webform. I recently filled a webform however the reply I got was very generic blaming Covid for the delays.

Elisabet

Jan 13, 2021
Hello to all
I just got my package returned for missing information on form 5406
They highlight what i need to fix which is nice but now Im confused and need help with some questions/ concern

1) I sent the application son December 2020, a week before my husband visa expire. Do I need to apply for a visitor visa before RESENDING the application? what happen with his status?

2)
They highlight the forms I need to add information. do I only modify these forms and resend the package or I need to modify the other forms? Im asking this for the date on the forms (all are signed and dated for December 2020)

3)
When i sent the package i also attached a work permit application, again do i need to modify with current date? or just resend it the way it is????

4) What happen with the payment fees? can i use the same voucher? Ive been reading on this Forum and some people stated that cic will automatically return the money... Do i need to wait for the return before i RESEND the whole package???

I am so confused and stressed Please please HELPPPPPPPPPP

:(

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Got the email for the client portal...

Does date of original entry mean the day I entered on my current status or the very first time I entered Canada ever? I don't know the latter one - we visited Montreal when I was tiny but my parents don't remember exactly when. I'm confused because they ask for date of original entry and date of last time entered Canada.

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Hello to all
I just got my package returned for missing information on form 5406
They highlight what i need to fix which is nice but now Im confused and need help with some questions/ concern

1) I sent the application son December 2020, a week before my husband visa expire. Do I need to apply for a visitor visa before RESENDING the application? what happen with his status?

2) They highlight the forms I need to add information. do I only modify these forms and resend the package or I need to modify the other forms? Im asking this for the date on the forms (all are signed and dated for December 2020)

3) When i sent the package i also attached a work permit application, again do i need to modify with current date? or just resend it the way it is????

4) What happen with the payment fees? can i use the same voucher? Ive been reading on this Forum and some people stated that cic will automatically return the money... Do i need to wait for the return before i RESEND the whole package???

I am so confused and stressed Please please HELPPPPPPPPPP

:(
1. Not sure about the answer
2. You should update all dates and sign again
3.yes you need to update dates
4. You can use same payment receipt. No need to ask or wait for refund.

prigupta

May 20, 2020
Hello,

I hope someone can help me here.. I am a CEC Express entry applicant my file is in process with outland dependant from Aug 2020. My husband applied for a spousal open work permit he got his work permit approved today. He works in US and has a canadian visitors visa TRV already.

Can he enter Canada with his
- passport,
- the approval letter of work permit
- our marriage certificate
- visitors visa which he already has?

or we need to apply for a new TRV for him? Please if anyone can help here would be great!
I tried calling CIC but they didn't say anything just we don't know and borders are closed

Nneji

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
Hi,
Please I am new to the group and would like some insights.

I am sponsoring (Outside Canada) my spouse and his Application was later transferred to Accra Visa Office for final processing.

He received the pre-arrival email on 13th July 2021 and now the PR Application Status on the online tool was updated to "Decision Made". It also stated that "We started processing his application on 6th July, 2021".

Please I would like to know:
1) Any idea of the timeline to receive a request to submit passport where decision is made and pre-arrival received almost immediately?

2) Is it advisable to send his passport via courier to Accra VO when PPR is issued or via VFS? And any idea how long it could typically take for passport to be returned?

3) Will all the documents which I submitted to process this application be mailed back to me in Canada when PPR is issued?

Thanks.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Hi,
Please I am new to the group and would like some insights.

I am sponsoring (Outside Canada) my spouse and his Application was later transferred to Accra Visa Office for final processing.

He received the pre-arrival email on 13th July 2021 and now the PR Application Status on the online tool was updated to "Decision Made". It also stated that "We started processing his application on 6th July, 2021".

Please I would like to know:
1) Any idea of the timeline to receive a request to submit passport where decision is made and pre-arrival received almost immediately?

2) Is it advisable to send his passport via courier to Accra VO when PPR is issued or via VFS? And any idea how long it could typically take for passport to be returned?

3) Will all the documents which I submitted to process this application be mailed back to me in Canada when PPR is issued?

Thanks.
1. In the Accra thread, they really do vary could take from days to months. I don't think there is an accurate estimated time. You could also join the Accra thread for more info or review others timelines.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thread-for-acrra-ghana-applicants.64640/

2. So normally when the PPR comes there is advice and guide to where to send it I think. There is a VFS in Nigeria I think so via courier courier you send them they would move it to Ghana for processing and return when visa is issued. But as to whether you can directly send it to Ghana I don't think its your decision on how it gets there.

3. NO, haven't heard of this I believe no files are returned that's why they advise not to send originals. But I think if you did send any original maybe that could be returned.

Please I only contributed with my basic knowledge there might be more to it or rather amateurish comment so please heed with caution. Hehehehehehe lol. Do check the Accra thread and be in our updates on the AVO.

Reactions: Nneji

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Typically NOTHING is returned to the applicant/sponsor and you should follow instructions and not send originals of important documents unless SPECIFICALLY requested. Read the instructions and send copies in almost all cases. Notarised copies plus translations - you do not send photocopies of those, and as they are copies, you will NOT get them back.

(As far as I'm aware in the relatively FEW cases where 'originals' are requested, the request is for eg original [extracts or duplicates] from civil authorities. I.e. it usually does NOT mean the original marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc., received at the date of the actual event but an original issued directly by authorities (this might be called an extract or official duplicate or just duplicate, depending on the country).

The one significant exception I'm aware of is police clearance certificate where they will want the original issued by the government authority - but of course the police certificate is mostly useless outside the context of the immigration application.

But read the instructions carefully and check the country-specific instructions.

Reactions: Nneji