+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

EwIslandgirl

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hello everyone, Hope all is well.
Q1. Is there any inland applicant with dependent child Overseas?
Q2.Did anyone received email about the finalization stage and PR portal ?

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hello, I’m new here and from Nigeria. can anyone advice me and give me updates on what to expect and when. I submitted my family sponsorship application feb 2 this year March ending I got letter to go for biometric, July 6 I got letter for medical and pre arrival letter same day. What should I expect next. Am I approved already? What will I get next and when will I see decision made and passport request . Thank you
Wow.. thats fast.. provided you have gotten your medical request and pre arrival letter, your passport request should be close. Please check private message. I messaged you. I am from Nigeria too.

cheersbabe

Apr 25, 2021
Hiya

Inland common law applicant with OWP here! We submitted our application Jan 11, received a biometric reminder Jan 27, and a temp AOR letter March 16. Still can’t link our application online yet or use the online tool. Is anyone else having the same timeline/issues? Does anyone have a rough estimate on OWP timelines as well?

Capt.Marcos

Feb 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions on form imm0008enu.

1) I am sponsoring my wife who is in India. We do not have any dependents. Do we still need to fill out imm0008enu form. I cannot find any related information on IRCC guides.

2) Also my wife has previously applied for visitor visa and got an UCI which is 10 digits. The form only allows to enter 8 digits. If we were required to fill this form, how do we answer UCI#?

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
Fully vaccinated can travel without having to 3 days hotel quarantine if they got 2 doses (Canadian approved vaccines) 14 days before landing.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone,

1) I am sponsoring my wife who is in India. We do not have any dependents. Do we still need to fill out imm0008enu form. I cannot find any related information on IRCC guides.

2) Also my wife has previously applied for visitor visa and got an UCI which is 10 digits. The form only allows to enter 8 digits. If we were required to fill this form, how do we answer UCI#?
You will need to complete the IMM0008 form (titled the generic application form), but obviously leave the parts on dependents blank. No need to fill out the separate 0008'dependents' form (IMM0008depenu, titled 'additional dependents/declaration form).

You can leave the UCI blank, they will match it up. You'll be providing other info on the previous TRV etc. BUT this form will take a ten-digit UCI. (Is it possible you are including the dashes eg 00-0000-0000 that IRCC sometimes uses? If so, just leave those out).

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Hi everyone,

1. You also could put N/A in all sections not relevant to your status. Definitely needs be filled.

2. Not sure but check very well whose info you filling because my wife the sponsor has UCI of 8 digits whilst mine, the applicant has 10 digits. But to avoid stress you could leave it blank as advised by armoured. Make sure you don't fill the wrong UCI as wrong info, if doubting leave blank.

Canjeero

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Ontario, Canada
I am planning to leave abroad to live with my spouse until the application is approved. I'm wondering if the validity of the visa can be extended, once issued. From what I heard it expires the same time as medical? Please clarify.

ryanryanryan

Jul 19, 2021
Wait, what? ALL my wife's family needs to take a medical? This can't be true.
She's from Philippines and has no kids.
Someone please tell I'm wrong.

Have a good day, and thank you for reading this

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Wait, what? ALL my wife's family needs to take a medical? This can't be true.
She's from Philippines and has no kids.
Someone please tell I'm wrong.

Have a good day, and thank you for reading this
If you are not sponsoring your wife's family, then they don't need to do medical. But you have to list their names in the application.

DreamCanadian

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Hi All,

I have a question about PR extension, I am applying PR extension as I am about to complete 2 years in canada (My PR is going to expire in few months) , My question is - My spouse has not completed more that 30 days in canada and his PR is also expiring with me, We understand he may not qualify for PR extension as he did not completed the obligatory 2 years stay (out of 5 years) but since I am spouse what can I do to extend his PR along with me ? is it possible ? is there any other way for him to get Canadian PR. Please help !!