+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi every one . I'm Canadian citizen and i sponsor my commo law spouse that live with me in Canada we are ready to submit the application for her permanent resident and her working permit application. The problem that we have is that her passport is expiring in one month . she already applied for a new passport in the Russian consulate but it will take like 4 months to arrive this document to Canada. so my question is we could summited the application for permanent resident and the work permit and put a explanation letter that she already applied for new passport but for the pandemic reason this document is arriving very late .
Other question in the application I forgot to put the middle name of my girlfriend I put only her first name and last name .is not problem is omit her middle name anyway she doesn't like it . in case not; I could rectified in the form that I already validated and add her second name using handwriting.

PD( actually she has a record visitor that will expired together with her passport)
if someone could help me with this questions I will be very glad.
Include a letter of explanation that the new passport has been applied for, will not be a problem. Yes it is a problem if you don't include her middle name. Add it to the form and validate it again, you can validate the form as many times as needed if things have to be added/changed.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Dear applicants, I have an inquiry about the COPR, I haven't yet gotten to that stage but;
1. Is it expected in the Outland Spousal sponsorship processing?
2. I know inland applicants do receive it via email. Is it sent via email or by post mail for Outland applicants to?
3. I am a bit worried because I have relocated twice already during the process. Is it a must to keep updating on the address? I feel updates would only keep them delaying a file. But I might be wrong.

Thanks in advance and would appreciate it a lot to get a response. So I take precautions before the time is due.
1. If you are not from a visa exempt country you will get a COPR when your passport is returned to you after you submit it after receiving PPR.
2. Usually a courier service for Outland apps.
3. You should update your address whenever you move, unlikely that advising them will slow the process.

Reactions: Dimilitantey

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
1. If you are not from a visa exempt country you will get a COPR when your passport is returned to you after you submit it after receiving PPR.
2. Usually a courier service for Outland apps.
3. You should update your address whenever you move, unlikely that advising them will slow the process.
Oh thanks alot @Canada2020eh I was really concerned about that when I saw people talking about it via courier/mail on other platforms. Wow thanks again. I would make sure I do update on my mailing address soon.

Appreciate your response. I don't think was going to even bother because I had a feeling any update like dat would delay the process.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Other question in the application I forgot to put the middle name of my girlfriend I put only her first name and last name .is not problem is omit her middle name anyway she doesn't like it . in case not; I could rectified in the form that I already validated and add her second name using handwriting.
You should ideally go with what the passport has; Russian passports don't (usually) require the use of the patronymic/middle name, I believe it's up to the individual. So if her passport does not have the patronymic, you are probably okay.

IRCC will basically prefer to use whatever is in the passport. You'll have to also show full name and in cyrillic and Russian domestic docs will have the patronymic.

(In our case we provided the full names with patronymics and IRCC reverted them all in system later to match what was in the passports)

Reactions: Canada2020eh

Navjot sidhu

Nov 22, 2020
Hi
I am going to apply for my husband sponser file …

I am permanent resident
And i have one question … can i submit my husband’s file while i am in india with him or i have to be in canada ?

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Hi
I am going to apply for my husband sponser file …

I am permanent resident
And i have one question … can i submit my husband’s file while i am in india with him or i have to be in canada ?
If you are PR then you must be in canada. Try to apply online. IRCC just launched online portal for spousal application today which i think would be faster.

HK1063

Star Member
May 7, 2021
Could you ask the mps office to check again and ask why - since they are clearly doing these for other outland applicants in Canada?
IRCC got back saying that they cannot ascertain whether or not an outland applicant is eligible to virtual landing. I'm trapped in the sense that I don't know whether I should stay in Canada or get back to my home country waiting for the PPR (but don't know how long IRCC would take). My police cert. is due to expire in four months. As such, I need to make up my mind pretty soon.
Absolutely frustrating when I see many late applicants received the golden email or e-CoPR, outland applicant in or out of Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
IRCC got back saying that they cannot ascertain whether or not an outland applicant is eligible to virtual landing. I'm trapped in the sense that I don't know whether I should stay in Canada or get back to my home country waiting for the PPR (but don't know how long IRCC would take). My police cert. is due to expire in four months. As such, I need to make up my mind pretty soon.
Absolutely frustrating when I see many late applicants received the golden email or e-CoPR, outland applicant in or out of Canada.
You're asking them this before the ppr? Why?

I don't think the answer makes sense but it's up to you. They don't always ask for additional police cert and you have time. Personally I'd wait.

Again don't understand the response as clearly they are doing virtual landings. Even before virtual landings the ppr letter usually provides instructions on how to submit the passport if in Canada.

HK1063

Star Member
May 7, 2021
You're asking them this before the ppr? Why?

I don't think the answer makes sense but it's up to you. They don't always ask for additional police cert and you have time. Personally I'd wait.

Again don't understand the response as clearly they are doing virtual landings. Even before virtual landings the ppr letter usually provides instructions on how to submit the passport if in Canada.
My GCMS notes saying that my case has been approved and that CoPR is ready for issuance (updated in early March). However, I still havn't received PPR or CoPR. My case has been in process for over 17 months and I've raised a couple of webforms to ask IRCC for upate but without positive reply. So, I asked an MP to help and that's the reply they gave.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My GCMS notes saying that my case has been approved and that CoPR is ready for issuance (updated in early March). However, I still havn't received PPR or CoPR. My case has been in process for over 17 months and I've raised a couple of webforms to ask IRCC for upate but without positive reply. So, I asked an MP to help and that's the reply they gave.
I'm out of ideas and don't know. I guess all you can do is try repeating and emailing the visa office, etc.

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
Now, some applicants (Outland) can apply online for the sponsorship. Imagine if they get their PR before the 2018/2019 team lol

Anyway it’s a good news.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/how-to-apply-online.html
Wow I see, looks like good news just hope it doesn't even take longer for others. As for the 2018/2019 team is very unfortunate. Hmmmmmm, hopefully they clear them all before attending to the online system.

Reactions: Idrissrafd

gabyriady

May 30, 2020
Hello everyone, few weeks ago I received an email from LNDVO says that my file has transferred to the family reunification department and I should receive an update within the next 3 months, anyidea what's going to happen next? My current status shows in process since a year now? Any thoughts please ?

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
If you are PR then you must be in canada. Try to apply online. IRCC just launched online portal for spousal application today which i think would be faster.
really? never heard of this online application
do u have a link for this news