+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
You mean the last two entries in the 2nd photo? Have you tried putting the entry with the oldest "From" date at the bottom?

If that doesn't work, then explaining with a separate sheet is not a bad idea.
Yeah, it doesn't matter what order I put those entries, they cause the form not to validate.
So I guess that's the plan, include them on a different form, and explain.

Rishavjeet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Anyone got PPR from CPC-O recently? I've got DM on both side in early Apr and am still waiting for PPR. Have rang the call center twice and was told to wait for the actual decision made by IRCC. I learnt that most applicants received PPR almost right after their status changed to DM. Quite anxious about the result. Anyone have similar experience?
Dm since 1 march still nothing ..r u inland or outland..which country r u from ..

nmdsouza

Nov 17, 2019
Hi, I'm sponsoring my wife as Inland. I understand that the application is paper based. I'm also planning to apply for Open work permit , please let me know whether the application for Open work permit is online or paper based ?

LadyTee14

Apr 26, 2021
After a long 1 month wait, I finally got COPR today in email.
I hope your anxiety and frustrations are lifted soon to great news.
My timeline:

Application sent 11/2020
SA - 9/28/20

Medical - 9/28/20

Transfer to Ottawa - 10/13/20

Pre Arrival Letter - 2/4/21

Biometrics -2/9/21

Police Certificates - 3/11/21

Decision Made - 3/21

Complete/Approved 4/15/21

COPR 5/13/21

HK1063

Star Member
May 7, 2021
After a long 1 month wait, I finally got COPR today in email.
I hope your anxiety and frustrations are lifted soon to great news.
My timeline:

Application sent 11/2020
SA - 9/28/20

Medical - 9/28/20

Transfer to Ottawa - 10/13/20

Pre Arrival Letter - 2/4/21

Biometrics -2/9/21

Police Certificates - 3/11/21

Decision Made - 3/21

Complete/Approved 4/15/21

COPR 5/13/21
Hi, are you inland or outland? Did they send you an email when your eCAS changed to DM? In fact, my application belongs to the batch of Feb 2020 and I've completed all the submissions, inc. Biometrics, police cert. etc. last year and I even received the pre-arrival letter in last Sept. Not sure what has caused the delay. Anyway, thanks for your reply and encouragement.

LadyTee14

Apr 26, 2021
Hi, are you inland or outland? Did they send you an email when your eCAS changed to DM? In fact, my application belongs to the batch of Feb 2020 and I've completed all the submissions, inc. Biometrics, police cert. etc. last year and I even received the pre-arrival letter in last Sept. Not sure what has caused the delay. Anyway, thanks for your reply and encouragement.
I was Outland filing then came to Canada with a Visitor.
I didn’t get any communication after ecas changed to DM (no communication on what the decision was).
Then ecas changed to Complete... and tool 1 month to get COPR in email. I wasn’t able to link application to online account so I could not get all the updates I see others making online.
It is worrisome I know but hang tight and you should hear something soon.

HK1063

Star Member
May 7, 2021
I was Outland filing then came to Canada with a Visitor.
I didn’t get any communication after ecas changed to DM (no communication on what the decision was).
Then ecas changed to Complete... and tool 1 month to get COPR in email. I wasn’t able to link application to online account so I could not get all the updates I see others making online.
It is worrisome I know but hang tight and you should hear something soon.
Thanks a lot. Yours was within the "normal" timeframe., i.e, "PPR" or "Complete" in 4 weeks or so.....But mine is already over 9 weeks .... that's why I start worrying. Have written emails to IRCC but no solid reply. Don't know what could do to get an update about my case, be it negative.
Anyway, thanks for your reply and suggestion ^_^.

Reactions: LadyTee14

divinevalley

May 15, 2021
Are outland applicants allowed to go to Canada as visitors to continue their PR applications?

- Spousal sponsorship sent Dec 2020, outland
- (did not apply for work permit at the same time) :(
- Feb 2021 first stage approval received
- March 2021 medical visit done
- March 2021 biometrics paid but no instructions yet (local biometrics office closed)

==> Is he allowed to go to Canada as a visitor and wait for PR and start work permit application inland? We were planning to move to Ontario in < 8 weeks.

The online work permit application doesn't take ("Another app in progress").
Local visa office closed and paper application (outland work permit) requires sending the passport.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Are outland applicants allowed to go to Canada as visitors to continue their PR applications?

- Spousal sponsorship sent Dec 2020, outland
- (did not apply for work permit at the same time) :(
- Feb 2021 first stage approval received
- March 2021 medical visit done
- March 2021 biometrics paid but no instructions yet (local biometrics office closed)

==> Is he allowed to go to Canada as a visitor and wait for PR and start work permit application inland? We were planning to move to Ontario in < 8 weeks.

The online work permit application doesn't take ("Another app in progress").
Local visa office closed and paper application (outland work permit) requires sending the passport.
Does he have a visa or eta country?

Yes, can go to Canada and wait. But no work permit. Landing will be done in Canada if still in Canada when passport request comes.

divinevalley

May 15, 2021
Does he have a visa or eta country?

Yes, can go to Canada and wait. But no work permit. Landing will be done in Canada if still in Canada when passport request comes.
yes thank you for your reply! yes he is from an eTA country and does have the eTA. so it's okay to be tourist/visitor status with the intentions of staying? That's the part I'm most worried about. Since I've read that PR can take 2+ years, and tourist visa is only 6 months... I'm assuming we can apply for the work permit once we arrive in Canada, from inland.

Can you explain what "landing" means?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
yes thank you for your reply! yes he is from an eTA country and does have the eTA. so it's okay to be tourist/visitor status with the intentions of staying? That's the part I'm most worried about. Since I've read that PR can take 2+ years, and tourist visa is only 6 months... I'm assuming we can apply for the work permit once we arrive in Canada, from inland.

He should arrive as a visitor, but dual intent of visiting perhaps staying is ok. Visitors can request extensions. I repeat, no work permit under the outland process, and being in Canada does not make it inland. (if he can find a ln employer willing to do, may be possible, but do not count on it). Hopefully it will go faster than two years.

Landing is the formal process of becoming a PR. Traditionally done by physically arriving. Now done virtually for those already in Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

To clarify the work permit point - there is no eligibility for work permit under the outland process. If he can find some other way to qualify for work permit, fine, but separate. Don't count on it. Likely will have to wait until a PR.

divinevalley

May 15, 2021
To clarify the work permit point - there is no eligibility for work permit under the outland process. If he can find some other way to qualify for work permit, fine, but separate. Don't count on it. Likely will have to wait until a PR.
Okay thanks so much for your explanations. So it sounds like the plan is just tourist status, extensions, and just wait for PR.

I didn't know that there was no work permit under the outland process. (I thought I had read on IRCC that there was (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17)). But I also thought (based on forums) that he could have applied for one with the original outland PR application, we just didn't know at the time. Is that wrong?

Anyway, it's becoming clearer to me now, thank you @armoured. We were getting frustrated bc
- the website is unclear or contradictory
- the IRCC phone line is systematically refusing all questions relating to immigration (wtf?)
- our emails to IRCC are replied with generic unhelpful blurbs,
- local Canadian embassy says all immigration questions will be systematically deleted,
- local visa application centres are closed (and posted phone #s are supposedly incorrect)