+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Hello Everyone
I am PR in Canada living in Calgary, i just applied for my wife’s PR paper based application sent out to CPC Sydney,NS
My wife is in India
Application received on April 01, 2021
Now i got a better Employment option so i moved to Edmonton. Do i need to update my New address and job information.?????
If yes how to do that.??
How long it takes to get File No
Please let me know thanks
yes, u should update ur address thru webform, u may well receive an application number within 2-6 weeks of receiving the app at Sydney

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Hello,

I am trying to write a note about the relationship history of my wife and I. I am Canadian, she is Russian. We met on holiday in September 2015, and shortly after meeting, I moved to Russia to be with her.

We got Married in July 2016.I am completing form IMM 5532 and completing the box "Is there more information you wish to share about your relationship".

I am unsure how exactly to explain us getting married so quickly.

In truth, we had thought that for our future together, it would be best to get married. So we got married after living together for only 4 months. We were (and still are) in love, and our relationship is genuine.

I am not sure if we should mention our worries about the future, as a reason why we got married so soon after living together. It will help explain why we got married so soon, but I feel that it could be viewed by an immigration officer as us 'admitting' that our relationship is fake.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

I am trying to write a note about the relationship history of my wife and I. I am Canadian, she is Russian. We met on holiday in September 2015, and shortly after meeting, I moved to Russia to be with her.

We got Married in July 2016.I am completing form IMM 5532 and completing the box "Is there more information you wish to share about your relationship".

I am unsure how exactly to explain us getting married so quickly.

... but I feel that it could be viewed by an immigration officer as us 'admitting' that our relationship is fake.
You've been living together for close to five years? Don't worry so much - low chance they're going to spend much time on that part, not many fake relationships that last that long.

It's perfectly fine to leave that section blank if you think the rest of your evidence is fine.

Reactions: razor787

TRV_2021

Feb 19, 2021
Hello, I have received an email about my sponsorship eligibility.

We have submitted an application on 16 March 2020
AOR - November 18, 2020
Spouse sponsorship eligibility - March 30, 2021

Please let me know what will be the next step.
How long still it will take to get PR?

Last edited:

Crazywire

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020

AOR - November 18
Spouse sponsorship eligibility - March 30

Do you mean sponsor approval?

Reactions: TRV_2021

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

AOR - November 18, 2020
Spouse sponsorship eligibility - March 30, 2021

Next should be biometrics and medical requests if you don't have them yet. Can't say how long for PR, normal time quoted is 1 year but with Covid could be longer.