+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

TRV_2021

Feb 19, 2021
We have already submitted biometrics and medical, though we did not get any request from IRCC.
As they are valid for one year in case of medical and 10 years for biometrics.

Thanks for the info, talking to people might reduce the stress. It's helping me.
Thanks a lot

Reactions: J20190911

JKHK

Oct 6, 2020
My wife finally got her next letter asking for police certificate's. That part is straight forward.

But they also requested that I provide the below, which is confusing:
"SPR's residency: Please provide evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but
is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history. Driver’s licences,
Property tax assessments, Social Insurance or Health Insurance cards are not sufficient Please
provide evidence of your intent to reside in Canada."

I have already been approved as a sponsor, we applied from overseas, and provided justification on our intent to move to Canada upon her approval of PR.
The above is confusing because the first part seems to suggest I should be living in Canada?
And then the second part asks for evidence that I will return to Canada?

Anyone get this request before or know what it means?
The letter also provides no way to contact them to clarify.
Reposting to see if anyone has had similar queries, I sent a note through the government website, but have had no response.

TRV_2021

Feb 19, 2021
Reposting to see if anyone has had similar queries, I sent a note through the government website, but have had no response.
I have been trying to reach them since Monday but no way I am connecting to them, I am not sure why. If you ask, I would say directly write to them using the web form and also attach this email or letter you received along with for more explanation or further guidence.

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
We have already submitted biometrics and medical, though we did not get any request from IRCC.

Thanks for the info, talking to people might reduce the stress. It's helping me.
Thanks a lot
why would u do them before getting a request from ircc?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

Thanks a lot
How did you get biometrics done without a request?

firstilo

Jan 21, 2019
Anyone can share any experience or timeline for a "Complex" case? My family's case was submitted in November 2018 as outland. I am the sponsor who did not meet the RO at that time, therefore I believe my case would obviously to be a Complex one. My RO issue was cleared in a separate case for PR card renewal in 2020. However I still don't have any news on my family sponsor case yet, no Sponsorship approval and nothing... I don't know how long this could further take as this is really desperate...

firstilo

Jan 21, 2019
Have you sent them a scan of your new PR card to the sponsorship file?

Only a guess, if you haven't, a possiblity getting this would get someone to look at it and perhaps get it moving.
Yes I did for twice. The first one was in November 2020 when I received the confirmation letter from IRCC Hamilton saying that they reviewed my PR card case and they decided I am in compliance to be issued a new card. Second time was in December 2020 when I received the new card. I attached them via webform and they have both been confirmed to be received and forwarded to relevant office, which I believe is CPC-Mississauga.

Actually my PR card was approved in February 2020 according to IRCC call centre, and they said I should be informed to pick up card in person within 4 weeks, however the pandemic started that blocked everything... they eventually mailed the card to me in December 2020...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes I did for twice. The first one was in November 2020 when I received the confirmation letter from IRCC Hamilton saying that they reviewed my PR card case and they decided I am in compliance to be issued a new card. Second time was in December 2020 when I received the new card. I attached them via webform and they have both been confirmed to be received and forwarded to relevant office, which I believe is CPC-Mississauga.

Actually my PR card was approved in February 2020 according to IRCC call centre, and they said I should be informed to pick up card in person within 4 weeks, however the pandemic started that blocked everything... they eventually mailed the card to me in December 2020...
Order GCMS notes, contact your MP. Some offices are indeed very slow, presumably due to lockdown.

firstilo

Jan 21, 2019
Order GCMS notes, contact your MP. Some offices are indeed very slow, presumably due to lockdown.
Yah, ordered GCMS a couple of times, most recent was ordered in March and waiting the information now. I am gonna contact MP to see if it helps...
thanks for your suggestion!

Apr 14, 2021
Hi!
I'm not sure if to post this here, sorry in advance if I make a mistake.

My situation:
My fiancé (the sponsor) and I are about to send our application for the common-law sponsorship and the open work permit.

My work permit with the Working Holiday Visa expired in January, but I decided to stay in Canada in order to live together for 1 year in total, so I applied for the visitor visa back in December, and I haven't received it yet.

I read somewhere that they take around 4 months to allow the applicant to work.

I would urgently need to go back to my country for some time for some health examinations.

My questions:
1. There's no way I can leave while waiting for the response of the application and be able to come back?
2. If I have to stay and wait, how can I do it if my visitor status would expire in August, once and if I receive it?
3. When and how is it possible to ask for the permanent resident travel document, in order to come back to Canada? Does it apply to my situation?
4. Since I haven't sent my application yet, would it help if add a document explaining my situation?

Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi!
I'm not sure if to post this here, sorry in advance if I make a mistake.

My situation:
My fiancé (the sponsor) and I are about to send our application for the common-law sponsorship and the open work permit.

My work permit with the Working Holiday Visa expired in January, but I decided to stay in Canada in order to live together for 1 year in total, so I applied for the visitor visa back in December, and I haven't received it yet.

I read somewhere that they take around 4 months to allow the applicant to work.

I would urgently need to go back to my country for some time for some health examinations.

My questions:
1. There's no way I can leave while waiting for the response of the application and be able to come back?
2. If I have to stay and wait, how can I do it if my visitor status would expire in August, once and if I receive it?
3. When and how is it possible to ask for the permanent resident travel document, in order to come back to Canada? Does it apply to my situation?
4. Since I haven't sent my application yet, would it help if add a document explaining my situation?

Thank you!
I do not know the details of this well but if you are intending to return to your country "for some time" you should consider applying as outland. Inland with OWP is intended for those who will remain in Canada - and if you leave, there is a serious risk of having the application cancelled. Since you are on a working holiday visa, I believe you are from a visa waiver country and should be able to come back during the process.

Yes, it would mean no OWP.

Reactions: lenaindejardin

Levi1337

Mar 24, 2020
I got my acceptance letter 2 week ago. sent the embassy my passport to stamp the visa on it and received it today. Can i travel to Canada now anytime or is there any travel restrictions ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I got my acceptance letter 2 week ago. sent the embassy my passport to stamp the visa on it and received it today. Can i travel to Canada now anytime or is there any travel restrictions ?
If you are spousal sponsorship, you can travel with proof of your marriage.

Lots of other covid stuff to do - covid test short period before boarding, quarantine reservation at hotel, self-isolation plan, etc.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid