+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I have a question. I applied for SPousal visa for my wife (she is in India) in May 2020. Got file number and medical in March 2020.

I called for an update and they said that the medical submitted was passed. Moreover, my wife's file was selected to remain in Canada due to delays at the visa application centre in new delhi.

Is this a concern? Or would this mean that my wife's application will process faster because it is staying in Canada?

I am assuming that the next thing we will receive is a pre-arrival letter, and then a few months later the passport request.

Thank you.
shouldnt be a concern at all

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Thank you for your reply. Wouldn’t visitor visa be an issue given that COVID is still a thing?
That might be. So its all up to you how you convince officer to approve TRV. I have seen on "Visitor" thread of this forum one guy had successfully got TRV for his GF. So there is still a chance to convince them.

Mar 17, 2021
Hi I'm hoping someone might give me advice on the following situation:

I'm planning to apply for common law in-land PR along with OWP soon, my partner is a Canadian citizen and I'm American.
We've been cohabitation since Mid-2019, and both been in Canada since covid broke out, we have plenty of photos to prove our relationship.
He was previously married, has been separated for over 10 year but only recently gotten a formal divorce. The date of the divorce is this year, I'd like to know if this may jeopardize the application since he was still technically married while co-habitating with me? Also, in the application section where the sponsor needs to list previous partners, should we enter the formal legal divorce date as the end date or can we enter the date of separation?

A separate question regarding maintaining my legal statues, after the visa-exempt 6 month period, I have been maintaining my status in canada by applying for extensions, so far I've had to apply for 2, my latest temporary residence permit expires at the end of this month, which is less than 30 days from now... if I apply for OWP along with PR application, will I get implied status for legally staying in canada? Or will I need to apply for a separate temporary residence permit again?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
I have some christmas cards, letters and other evidence of our relationship. Some of these things I don't mind losing, but some of them have sentimental value (a letter from a deceased relative for example).

Do I need to provide the original documents, or are scanned copies ok?

Also, do they return the documents and everything at the end of the process, or do they keep everything that has been sent to them?

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Filling out form IMM5562 (Supplementary Information: Your Travels)

I (sponsor) am Canadian, sponsoring my wife (Russian)

Of course, the first section needs the information about the person being sponsored, but does Section B require the Canadian Spouse to fill in the complete travel history as well?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Filling out form IMM5562 (Supplementary Information: Your Travels)

I (sponsor) am Canadian, sponsoring my wife (Russian)

Of course, the first section needs the information about the person being sponsored, but does Section B require the Canadian Spouse to fill in the complete travel history as well?
No the Canadian sponsor (pr or citizen) does not need to complete the travel history.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
(outland) guys, what is the average time for PR approval these days, lets say I applied sponsorship for my wife next month, in how many months will it be approved (average time)?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
(outland) guys, what is the average time for PR approval these days, lets say I applied sponsorship for my wife next month, in how many months will it be approved (average time)?
1 year. Was taking longer but they seem to be processing faster again. Also depends where you are from and whether an interview is required.

Yellowknifer NWT

Sep 3, 2020
Hello Everyone
I am PR in Canada living in Calgary, i just applied for my wife’s PR paper based application sent out to CPC Sydney,NS
My wife is in India
Application received on April 01, 2021
Now i got a better Employment option so i moved to Edmonton. Do i need to update my New address and job information.?????
If yes how to do that.??
How long it takes to get File No
Please let me know thanks