+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Piggy2989

Nov 21, 2020
does anyone know do we write an essay or list of things we going to proof that we wil reside in canada with the spouse does anyone have an example?

libushibu

Sep 13, 2017
Hi All,
Seeking an expert advice.
AOR- Apr 07 2020, CEC applicant
Still no update in the application.
Planning to get married. Had to postpone marriage two times Dec 2020 and May 2021 waiting for decision.
Now looking for Plan B to get married in July 2021 since waiting is not worth.

Watched several videos about adding spouse accompanying and not accompanying after AOR.
My queries:-
1) which is best option accompanying or non accompanying to be on safer side?
2) Proof of funds to be shown. accompanying and not accompanying.
3) Should I wait further for the decision or choose Plan B (haha..LOL) ?

Thanks.
Any small suggestion is appreciated. so please dont ignore.
stay safe and take care.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All,
Seeking an expert advice.
AOR- Apr 07 2020, CEC applicant
Still no update in the application.
Planning to get married. Had to postpone marriage two times Dec 2020 and May 2021 waiting for decision.
Now looking for Plan B to get married in July 2021 since waiting is not worth.

Watched several videos about adding spouse accompanying and not accompanying after AOR.
My queries:-
1) which is best option accompanying or non accompanying to be on safer side?
2) Proof of funds to be shown. accompanying and not accompanying.
3) Should I wait further for the decision or choose Plan B (haha..LOL) ?

Thanks.
Any small suggestion is appreciated. so please dont ignore.
stay safe and take care.
All of these questions are better asked in the CEC section of the forum. Spousal sponsorship by an existing PR or citizen is very different.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

JKHK

Oct 6, 2020
My wife finally got her next letter asking for police certificate's. That part is straight forward.

But they also requested that I provide the below, which is confusing:
"SPR's residency: Please provide evidence that your sponsor resides in Canada. This includes but
is not limited to: pay stubs, T4 slips, utility bills, and banking history. Driver’s licences,
Property tax assessments, Social Insurance or Health Insurance cards are not sufficient Please
provide evidence of your intent to reside in Canada."

I have already been approved as a sponsor, we applied from overseas, and provided justification on our intent to move to Canada upon her approval of PR.
The above is confusing because the first part seems to suggest I should be living in Canada?
And then the second part asks for evidence that I will return to Canada?

Anyone get this request before or know what it means?
The letter also provides no way to contact them to clarify.

Sometheway

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Hi there, does anyone knows what's stage is RPRF is request?
After I submitted additional documents, I received RPRF request from cpc Etobicoke.
I don't know if is a good news or not.
Sponsorship app.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Sorry for re-posting, but I think my question was missed.

We need to get a lot of documents translated, but we aren't sure exactly what kind of translation we need.

For official documents like passports, and other important government documents, we know that we need to get them translated and notarized.

What about less important documents, proving our relationship, such as receipts from IKEA showing our address. Do they need to be notarized, or is a basic translation enough?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Sorry for re-posting, but I think my question was missed.

We need to get a lot of documents translated, but we aren't sure exactly what kind of translation we need.

For official documents like passports, and other important government documents, we know that we need to get them translated and notarized.

What about less important documents, proving our relationship, such as receipts from IKEA showing our address. Do they need to be notarized, or is a basic translation enough?
Are you getting these done in Canada?

Nov 20, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I have a question. I applied for SPousal visa for my wife (she is in India) in May 2020. Got file number and medical in March 2020.

I called for an update and they said that the medical submitted was passed. Moreover, my wife's file was selected to remain in Canada due to delays at the visa application centre in new delhi.

Is this a concern? Or would this mean that my wife's application will process faster because it is staying in Canada?

I am assuming that the next thing we will receive is a pre-arrival letter, and then a few months later the passport request.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021
I would really appreciate it if someone can please read through this and provide their opinion. I am currently in Canada and hold the PR. I will marry my fiance in December 2021 who lives in India. Therefore, I will be able to sponsor my fiance for her PR in December.

I know the wait time is crazy these days so is there a way I can bring my fiance here on work permit or student visa while waiting for the PR to get processed in the background?

Thank you!

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
I would really appreciate it if someone can please read through this and provide their opinion. I am currently in Canada and hold the PR. I will marry my fiance in December 2021 who lives in India. Therefore, I will be able to sponsor my fiance for her PR in December.

I know the wait time is crazy these days so is there a way I can bring my fiance here on work permit or student visa while waiting for the PR to get processed in the background?

Thank you!
2 options before marriage

1. Student visa (which cost you at least 15000$ excluding GIC)
2. Visitor visa. ( you need to show her strong ties to India)