+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

harshrk6392

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Is it advisable for a Principal Applicant to apply for a "study permit" of DLI in Ontario, while the *outland sponsorship* is in process?

esihinl

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Hi All,

I recently got my study Visa Approved and now looking to get a spouse/dependent visa for my wife and 3 years old Kid.
Looking at this Pandemic situation, I am really not sure if I need to go with Spouse Visa (No timeline to get a decision) OR should I get a Visitor visa for my wife and kid so as to be on the safer side ( I need to fly with them ).

Please suggest some valuable inputs!!

onlymtl

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am sponsoring my spouse and I have already received AOR2 and an email saying file has been moved to Ottawa. ECAS also went from In process to Application Received to In Process again a few weeks ago.

However, today when I checked ECAS, it is showing Application Received again, I am confused about this. Can anyone shed some light?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am sponsoring my spouse and I have already received AOR2 and an email saying file has been moved to Ottawa. ECAS also went from In process to Application Received to In Process again a few weeks ago.

However, today when I checked ECAS, it is showing Application Received again, I am confused about this. Can anyone shed some light?
You can order gcms notes and/or call to see if the file went somewhere else.

But my own view on this: ignore the specific language, changes in status means "something happened to your file." Moved, assigned, re-assigned, entered into registry, something. And those changes in status are more like a database flag that says "somebody 'touched' it." (We don't know which actions trigger these changes though)

You may be able to reconstruct with gcms notes what happened when, but it's mostly not useful information to figure out what each flag-change meant.

(I still think useful to order gcms notes - just in case - but it's also not necessarily that useful)

Reactions: onlymtl

Singh123498

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
Hi everyone,

Got the same update

Singh123498

Star Member
Feb 22, 2021
I got A0R2 on January 7th then month later it went to application received then 2 weeks to in process then 3 weeks later it went to application received.

onlymtl

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
I got A0R2 on January 7th then month later it went to application received then 2 weeks to in process then 3 weeks later it went to application received.
Exactly same behavior as mine then. Don't know what's happening. I called them and they said it's being processed.