+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

pinx09

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
Hi All,

Our application was received on Jan 08, 2021 (Outland). My wife (principal applicant) received the Biometrics request today, Feb. 22, 2021.

We did not receive the AOR yet, which I thought was the first step? Can someone please advise the process after giving the Biometrics?

Thanks.
This is great. My application was received Jan 11/2021 and Biometrics request Feb 26. It seems like things are back on track. There is another forum started for January 2021 outland applications started on which there are a lot of us. Did you get your medical request yet? They asked my PA for a police report as additional documents...anything from you? Does that mean my file has been transferred to Visa office abroad?

nwapapa

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
i did my medical on December and since than i haven't heard from immigration again how long can someone wait for his or her PR to be out.

pinx09

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
what is the meaning of AOR and SA
AOR is acknowledgement of receipt. It essentially is a letter saying they have received your file. You will get one when you first submit your file and then you will get an AOR2 when they receive your file at the Visa office abroad.

SA is the sponsorship approval letter. This is sent when the sponsor is deemed eligible to sponsor their principle applicant (PA). It's after the SA your file will be sent to a Visa Office abroad to be assessed further. They will look whether your relationship is genuine or not and they do security checks on your PA.

I hope this makes sense. Feel free to ask for clarification if needed.