+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

pinx09

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
can everyone kindly write their timeline in their signature panel...it might help some people and saves a lot of time understanding the conversation...just a thought.

nwapapa

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
AOR is acknowledgement of receipt. It essentially is a letter saying they have received your file. You will get one when you first submit your file and then you will get an AOR2 when they receive your file at the Visa office abroad.

SA is the sponsorship approval letter. This is sent when the sponsor is deemed eligible to sponsor their principle applicant (PA). It's after the SA your file will be sent to a Visa Office abroad to be assessed further. They will look whether your relationship is genuine or not and they do security checks on your PA.

I hope this makes sense. Feel free to ask for clarification if needed.
Thank you very much. i done my medical on December how long should i wait for my get my PR after the medical,

pinx09

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
Thank you very much. i done my medical on December how long should i wait for my get my PR after the medical,
That depends on which Visa Office has your file and what stage they are on. If you look online to see processing times for your country that should be quite accurate if your file is in order. I got my BIL and AOR within 1.5 months. I am a Feb 2021 applicant. So it seems like they are back on track and are processing files within similar timelines as before Covid.

Don't get impatient; the VO's abroad to tend to take months to start and finish processing your file. It sucks but it's just a waiting game. Good luck!

nwapapa

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
That depends on which Visa Office has your file and what stage they are on. If you look online to see processing times for your country that should be quite accurate if your file is in order. I got my BIL and AOR within 1.5 months. I am a Feb 2021 applicant. So it seems like they are back on track and are processing files within similar timelines as before Covid.

Don't get impatient; the VO's abroad to tend to take months to start and finish processing your file. It sucks but it's just a waiting game. Good luck!
Thank you

JR985

Feb 28, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I am applying for PR (principal applicant) through Spousal Sponsorship (my wife is Canadian citizen). I have open work permit that expires soon, have job that i want to keep and want to have an option of leaving country and coming back before i got my PR.
So, I want to add open work permit application to PR application but not sure what would be right answer to Question 3 in IMM5710e form:

Applying for one or more of following:
  • A work permit with the same employer
  • An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
  • Restoration of your status as a worker
  • An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hello, I have submitted a TRV application for my spouse. Still no biometrics done as VFS is still not accepting for TRV. I am planning to submit the spousal PR application now, will it affect the TRV outcome. Also, do we need to submit only paper based application for spousal PR or is it online.

pinx09

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
I just received biometrics how long will it take for me to get Medical ? Does any body have any idea how long ?
A lot of people are getting thier medical requests days within getting their BIL request. I am waiting for mine too...just received my BIL as well. Good luck!!

Bgee22

Mar 1, 2021
PLEASE HELP:
A Canadian citizen living abroad for 3 years got married and has 1 year old daughter. The Canadian Citizen passed away and before his death he had obtained a temporary passport for his daughter and had medical done for his spouse. Spouse is waiting for her docs after completing medical.

Question: Since main sponsor/applicant passed away, what are the options that the widow has?. This is very tragic case, Covid has ruined many lives.
If widow is granted permanent status, she has adequate assistance in Canada to assist her (family of deceased applicant is well settled in Canada).
Family and friends want to do the right think and correctly to assist this grieved family....

Please assist, if you can with your reply.

Bgee22

Mar 1, 2021
PLEASE HELP:
A Canadian citizen living abroad for 3 years got married and has 1 year old daughter. The Canadian Citizen passed away and before his death he had obtained a temporary passport for his daughter and had medical done for his spouse. Spouse is waiting for her docs after completing medical.

Question: Since main sponsor/applicant passed away, what are the options that the widow has?. This is very tragic case, Covid has ruined many lives.
If widow is granted permanent status, she has adequate assistance in Canada to assist her (family of deceased applicant is well settled in Canada).
Family and friends want to do the right think and correctly to assist this grieved family....

Please assist, if you can with your reply.

To be more clear:
The deceased father passed away outside of Canada.
Deceased father obtained temporary Canadian passport for his 1 year old daughter.
Thank you,