+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Vipul.puri08

Dec 9, 2020
According to my experience it took average 7 to 10 months after getting AOR1 to PPR by NDVO. This time can change depending on no. of applications,V.O. ? workload, COVID, FILE TRANSFERRED directly to VO OR NOT? and lot of other factors. No ONE can give you a sure shot time frame here :)
Okk. Thanks

Arjunp

Jul 6, 2020
Hello All,

I am new in this group and i have some questions.
PLEASE HELP ME.

I am a PR residing in Ontario And i just got my PR in Nov 2020.
My wife has a closed WP of Saskatchewan Till 2022 oct. However, now i want to apply for her residency through me So we can reside together in Ontario.
My question is - I also want to apply for an open work permit so she can work while she resides with me.
But i don’t know what to select in form IMM5710 Question 3 as it says:
1- Apply for a WP with same employer
2- Apply for WP for the first time or with a new employer
3- restore my status as a worker

Please please advice me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

I am new in this group and i have some questions.
PLEASE HELP ME.

I am a PR residing in Ontario And i just got my PR in Nov 2020.
My wife has a closed WP of Saskatchewan Till 2022 oct. However, now i want to apply for her residency through me So we can reside together in Ontario.
My question is - I also want to apply for an open work permit so she can work while she resides with me.
But i don’t know what to select in form IMM5710 Question 3 as it says:
1- Apply for a WP with same employer
2- Apply for WP for the first time or with a new employer
3- restore my status as a worker

Please please advice me.
You'll be applying for a new work permit.

If she hasn't done so already, make sure she leaves Saskatchewan and moves to Ontario to live with you before you submit the application.

Reactions: Arjunp

Arjunp

Jul 6, 2020
@scylla thank you so very much.

Also, she has SINP and she kept her file in federal in nov 2020 But has not received the AOR yet.

should i withdraw that file of her before or after applying file under my name from Ontario under spouse or common law partner stream???

Please please advice

Arjunp

Jul 6, 2020
@scylla thank you so very much.

Also, she has SINP and she kept her file in federal in nov 2020 But has not received the AOR yet.

should i withdraw that file of her before or after applying file under my name from Ontario under spouse or common law partner stream???

Please please advice
Please if someone can advice.

Majidksa2013

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Hello
I applied throw lawyer and my application Canada post delivered it on 17 December
But I didn’t received anything and in application my lawyer put his email and his mail address I don’t know did I will receive anything or they will send everything to my lawyer ? It’s inland application

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
what is the procedure to get married here as a PR with an international student? Can the student apply for PR right away?
PRs and students get married just like anyone else. Go to city hall with documentation required like passports, get a license, arrange marriage yourselves, carry out marriage.

If PR is in compliance with all and no other issues, can apply for PR right away - after receiving marriage certificate that is (may take several weeks or longer in covid, depends on province). But check carefully documentation requirements, if not established (ie living together for some time) or long relationship, may see increased scrutiny.

Reactions: _harinderkaurs

ran.nanua1

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Actually SA goes be4 BIO but some SAs get delayed due to RCMP checks. Every Sponsor is checked from RCMP database for any CRIM records, everything is reported and further gets logged in to GCMS notes, and it can be seen by ordering notes if any doubts.
SA means?

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
Hello All,
I am working with my wife to get her spousal pr. She was living in USA from 2016 to 2020 (4 years) , before that she was in India and currently also she is in india since late 2020 . As per the IRCC checklist, you need to provide PCC as per the following guidelines

"1) The Country where you (or they ) currently live, if you have lived there for six monts or more; and

2) The country where you (or they) have lived for most of your (their) life since the age of 18"
for #1 she is living in India so she will provide that PCC but
for #2 She is currently 28 and as per the rule number 2 she has only lived in the usa 4 years out of 10, does she need to provide a PCC For USA as well?

Any input/recommendations would be helpful

Thank you

minu6-

Dec 11, 2020
Hello All,
I am working with my wife to get her spousal pr. She was living in USA from 2016 to 2020 (4 years) , before that she was in India and currently also she is in india since late 2020 . As per the IRCC checklist, you need to provide PCC as per the following guidelines

for #1 she is living in India so she will provide that PCC but
for #2 She is currently 28 and as per the rule number 2 she has only lived in the usa 4 years out of 10, does she need to provide a PCC For USA as well?

Any input/recommendations would be helpful

Thank you
yea someone stays more then 6 month then she needs to provide PCC

Reactions: yash91pathak

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hi Friends, I applied for outland spousal sponsorship application in October 2020. Today I called IRCC and received temporary application number. Can this temporary number be used for submitting webforms? We do not have UCI number for the principal applicant.

zara101

Jan 13, 2021
Hi everyone,

I wanted to know how are arranged marriages are viewed by the CIC? My significant other and I were introduced by relative in November and after talking over phone and Wattsapp, we decided to get married. My plan was to visit him in bangladesh before the wedding but that is no longer possible in the current circumstances. Therefore, we have no choice but to meet a week prior to our wedding (august 2020) and then i have to leave within 3 weeks because of medical reasons. I feel like our situation will raise red flags, but our relationship is genuine.